What are bio-identical hormones?

As I've looked into HRT a lot of naturopathic doctors advertise bio-identical hormones. Doing a Google search says these are hormones that on the molecular level are the same as your body's natural hormones. I get that but what does that actually mean? Testosterone in testosterone enanthate is the same as testosterone in my body. Obviously enanthate is different. It's bio-identical unlike deca or eq which are synthetic sex hormones that differ from testosterone. Is this just marketing? Has anyone gone through this process? Do you just end up with a prescription for Delatestryl?

They're more expensive is what they are.

I have a buddy in the pharma industry this was his opinion.

Bioidentical hormones are derived from organic matter, whjle traditionally hormones are chemically synthesized.

Bioidentical hormones work better for a very very very select minority.

The idea that they are "safer" or more effective is nonsens

Unless your drugs are ineffective or cause some sort of immune response you dont need bioidentical.

Its a lot of hype and marketing

My understanding is there are markers on the bioidentical hormones your body recognizes. For most people your bodys receptor sites will accept a synthesized hormone a small number of peoples bodys wont wihout those bioidentical markers

Edited by Carbone
more info
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 7:32 AM, Blitz said:

So it is a different thing though right? You're not going to get the standard dela prescription from one of these places? Can I claim natty if I take bio-identical lol?

Thanks for the info guys

The base hormone is what is slightly different.

From my understanding You could attach whatever ester you wanted to the bio hormone. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm also fairly certain any test that detects supraphysiological levels of hormones would still catch you. So No. Not natty lol.