Keto while on cycle log

Mikk0090

On 8/28/2020 at 12:11 PM, a_ahmed said:

Looking great man. Would be sick to train together! I am proud of your shoulders, very few guys get that right.

Thanks brother.  Always up for a new gym buddy!

sorry I havnt updated.  If y’all haven’t heard, the USA is erupting in violence right now.  I’m from the suburbs of St Louis (smack dab in the middle of the country). And shit has been hitting the fan.  I’ve been called in to a neighboring fire department from my home base, and have been working riots and mass casualty stuff since mid day friday.   Being shot at while trying to clean up after people burning their own neighborhoods down is always fun.   I won’t get into it much, but the world is crazy right now, police officers, firefighters, paramedics etc are under attack right now, basically anyone in a uniform with a badge.  

I’ll get back to the log when I get a chance

Damn Trump's made the US a third world country bro lol. I feel sorry for you guys, stay safe.

He wants a race war... shit is insane... you would think the leader of a country would try to tame fires and resolve issues but he wants to fire this shit right up.

Your COVID situation ain't getting much better either... I am talking to some of my old buddies in the states and they've been struggling with it all at least they didn't get it...

I hated being locked up in the house during COVID... I would go nuts if there was no gym and winter hits and it all comes back... not looking forward to winter...

Sadly it’s not only trump.  It’s all sides of the political spectrum, and the youth in this country getting their news off Facebook and Instagram instead of finding facts and acting in a civilized manner.     The news will paint this shit as “peaceful protests” while buildings and burning down and commercial grade fireworks are thrown into a crowd of people in the background.

streets are being blocked by rioters, people being left for dead in the streets, store owners being shot.  I as a fire medic have to wear a flat jacket and riot helmet in order to do my job.  Fire trucks and ambulances being shot at and set on fire.  It’s effing crazy.   I’ve had a full 24 hours off since Friday, my wife and kids are worried sick.  Everyone in the first responders spectrum is burnt out and have no morale while local governments don’t support us.  And the sad part about it is we are all bound by law to work, if not we lose all of our credentials and fear being charged.

luckily I live out in the country about 50miles away from where I work and where all the craziness is.  But both my wife and I decided that the second this shit comes out towards us, we are packing up and moving.

It’s nice hopping on the boards here and stuff to escape things for a brief time, it’s the little things I guess.

thanks for the support, I should be getting my week off by Sunday (I work 24hr shifts) and I’ll get back into the grind.

ya fuck its a mess down there, i missed visiting the states for road trips and now its a no go due to COVID and the political mess 😕

I am sure you feel very stuck in between all the bs. I get it, while I am against Trump's bullshit and hardcore racist mother fuckers, there is nothing right about just pillaging and burning property... it's like the US is breaking down so bad that extremes are taking over on every spectrum of society. It's sad man, cause the whole continent has so much land and potential. 😕

I always wanted to find work in Houston personally, as I see a lot of jobs posted there along my field... but now... hell I am not sure how much you all will survive 😕 I hope things turn around sooner than later 😕 

Got some home time yesterday.  Been able to do some small workouts at the fire house.  We have a small “gym”. Nothing fancy, some free weights, a bow flex, and a treadmill.  Just enough to maintain.    Diet has still been good.  Been keeping calories up due to the busy work.  We have our own kitchen so I can cook keto, and have cooked some bad ass meals for the crew over the week.   I was able to hit the gym this morning.  Heading back to work later, and will have tomorrow evening and all next week off to get on track.   Didn’t really have a planned workout, just hit some heavy compound stuff hitting the whole body to keep strength up.   I did take a physique update pics.  I may be a tad leaner, but weighing in at 236 this week.   

test is at 300mg this week.  I’ll be posting some more in depth stuff next week.

10C1DBFC-FD46-4738-8B91-BF0F51B56571.jpeg

3640CB2A-69BE-4E13-B45F-C91802D1CBE9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Talon said:

Looking great this is an amazing log to follow i love the variety of everyone's variety of styles and have to say this is one im paying attention too.   The results are incredible keep this one going 

Thank you sir, that means a lot.   The keto lifestyle isn’t for everyone, but I can make it work pretty well.  I’m in the stages now that I have insane energy, mental clarity, and fullness starting to come back.   You lose a lot of fullness and seem flat when you adapt to a keto diet, but the longer you are on the diet, the fullness comes back.  Not to the extent of being over loaded with carbs, but the thickness and fullness will come back.    Most guys will only run keto for a few weeks at the end of a cut and pre contest.  Works wonders.

my workout style is pretty old school stuff.   It just works for me.  Heavy weights and the basic movements.  I’m not one of those guys that follow all the “new trends” with variations of everything.  I just like the basics.  Throw the weight around and grow lol.  Sometimes I think guys over complicate things. I hope you noticed some of that in my exercise routines, basically all the same movements.   I’m a pretty high intensity guy, and can blow through 4-6 exercises with 3-4 sets each with drop sets and clusters and stuff and be in and out within 45min to and hour and a quarter.

i really need to do a lot of past failures and negatives once I start my next cycle to really stimulate some growth.

thanks for following along!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

good post Bud. I have been in and out of dietary ketosis since the early 90's, Twinlab had a MCT oil that was oarnge and it was like drinking egg yolks. I have found that being a fat burner is a whole lot more effective in training than being a sugar burner. The more I stay in ketosis the more my body adapts. My pumps are better in ketosis than with carbs. I finally stopped the carbs when I discovered that I had become insulin resistant from all the force feeding over the years. Like you, my mind works incredible in ketosis. It is so much easier to lean bulk while in ketosis as well. I need less gear to be effective due to the extra fatty and EFA's in my system because they create the cholesterol needed for hormone optimization, less is always better if the same goals can be met with hard ass training and excellent nutrition. I am 50 and have used gear for 27 years and have no ill effects as thank the Lord. I attribute this to keeping an eye on my gear levels and nutrition. The insulin resistance was easily fixed with a gut reset for  4 months. I dropped from 250 at 6 foot, down to 200. I stripped myself down and rebuilt. It was a blow to my ego, but had to be done. Now I stay in ketosis and target carbs around my training. I can eat 100 grams of carbs and stay in ketosis, as long as I busted my ass in the gym. Everyone is different, and it took me a good while to find the sweet spot. I am a CNC lathe programmer and I am used to making micro adjustments to reach tolerances in the 100s of thousands of an inch. I apply the same mind set to my body, small patient changes to reach an excellent end goal. Keep it up Bud, your on the right track.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, walkingripped said:

good post Bud. I have been in and out of dietary ketosis since the early 90's, Twinlab had a MCT oil that was oarnge and it was like drinking egg yolks. I have found that being a fat burner is a whole lot more effective in training than being a sugar burner. The more I stay in ketosis the more my body adapts. My pumps are better in ketosis than with carbs. I finally stopped the carbs when I discovered that I had become insulin resistant from all the force feeding over the years. Like you, my mind works incredible in ketosis. It is so much easier to lean bulk while in ketosis as well. I need less gear to be effective due to the extra fatty and EFA's in my system because they create the cholesterol needed for hormone optimization, less is always better if the same goals can be met with hard ass training and excellent nutrition. I am 50 and have used gear for 27 years and have no ill effects as thank the Lord. I attribute this to keeping an eye on my gear levels and nutrition. The insulin resistance was easily fixed with a gut reset for  4 months. I dropped from 250 at 6 foot, down to 200. I stripped myself down and rebuilt. It was a blow to my ego, but had to be done. Now I stay in ketosis and target carbs around my training. I can eat 100 grams of carbs and stay in ketosis, as long as I busted my ass in the gym. Everyone is different, and it took me a good while to find the sweet spot. I am a CNC lathe programmer and I am used to making micro adjustments to reach tolerances in the 100s of thousands of an inch. I apply the same mind set to my body, small patient changes to reach an excellent end goal. Keep it up Bud, your on the right track.

Awesome!   It is definitely the lifestyle change.   I apologize I havnt updated in a while.   Been all over the place busy with work, fam, homeschool, personal training and coaching, and now filling in for someone doing CPR and BLS training to certify people for their work places. 

I can usually get away with 75g complex carbs a day.  Nothing fast digesting though aside from what I target around workouts.  I’m currently at 235lbs lean and mean.   I jumped in to my test/deca/tren/ dbol cycle last week, and I feel the tren starting to kick in.  I will be creating a separate log for that very soon as things are starting to settle down.

my best friend works for LMI Aerospace as a CNC machinist and programmer.  He loves it.  He specializes in HAAS 5 axis mills and Custom Hurco mill programs for custom parts.  His company has a lot of contracts with Boeing, airbus, and some smaller jet airliner companies.     But the pandemic has hurt the commercial part of the aerospace industry, but he still runs strong with the government contracts.

I have to admit I am enjoying this log also. For the fact I know very little about doing Keto so it’s a learning experience for me , Thanks for letting an old dog learn some new tricks , Keep up the good work !! Please keep the log going it’s very educational for folks . Maybe in the future you could do a basic write up for the members on how to go Keto maybe a basic beginner guide . Be a great contribution to the board. CBDB.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the complete falling off of the earth lol.   Life is buuusssyyy.   But anyways.  I’m still KETO,  holy crap lol.  I do one cheat meal a week with a carb load now while I’m on my current cycle

600test, 400tren e, 300deca weekly, with 45mg dbol daily.   Just finished up week 5.  Here’s a physique update. 243lbs, lean mean and feeling huge!

A6CF8B3C-0B4A-4D39-B03C-E1BC5056A021.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks a million man.  The diet can be challenging at times, but thank god for quest nutrition lol.  Been stocking up on their penutbutter cups and pizzas.  

wife is down to her pre baby physique, but boobs still huge from breast feeding lol.  She gave me the ok to post her update pic.

I wish I could dedicate more time to the log, been working a lot, coaching some clients, home school for the kids, and an 8 month old who’s keeping me on my toes.

currently at 5000ish calories.  With the tren I’ve been getting away with about 150 g carbs a day while maintaining ketosis.   Pumps are insane, fullness is back.  We all know keto will kill your pumps and leave you looking flat.  But after maintaining the diet for a prolonged time, your body gets more efficient with any carbs that are consumed, and your muscles will develop more intra muscular fat, which aids in looking and feeling full.

ive recently been using axe and sledge stim free pre workout,  and with this diet I find it’s the best pre workout I’ve tried.  Insane energy and pumps and vascularity with no crash.  It’s Seth feroce line of supplements. I have my own discount code for 10% off anything on the axe and sledge website. Use Johnston10 at checkout (I don’t get any kickbacks at all). But I do like to support some of the guys I follow on YouTube.  So far, Seth and John meadows are the only bodybuilders I’ll buy from.  They are both honest and hard working dudes and they don’t bullshit people. 

Strength is crazy right now.  I forgot how much I love the test/tren/deca cycle.  I highly recommend it.  It’s an awesome stack that you can run at lower doses and everything works in synergy with each other.  I havnt had any prolactin issues yet 5 weeks in.  Nipples get a bit sensitive at times, but I contribute that to the dbol aromatising.  I’ve been getting away with 2 doses of 1mg Arimidex a week, which I take on my injection days.   I feel like everything is in balance estro wise.

the wife wants to do a show with me late spring, shut downs permitting lol.  She’s not on anything right now due to breast feeding, but all those extra hormones she has is working for her lol.  Didn’t take her long to get her body back, producing milk takes up a crap ton of calories.  She’s Russian, 5 foot 11 inches, that helps her a lot physique wise too.   But here is her pic from last week leg day.

CBDB, I would be more than happy to type up something for a bodybuilders approach to the keto diet. I’ll try to get something up by the end of the weekend

A0B279A4-6D71-45A6-88A4-81CA4F9F6E71.jpeg

Edited by Mikk0090
  • Like 1

Thank you Sir , That would be a great contribution to the board there are a lot of us that don’t quite understand Keto or how to do it , No rush on it but when you have time to put something together I’ll make sure it gets to the proper section. Thanks again CBDB NorthernLifters Admin Team.

2 minutes ago, CapeBretonDadBod said:

Brother with women you need to pick your battles, I’m old and married for many years you tend to learn that lesson rather quickly over the years.

Oh I’ve learned.  She’s my high school sweet heart (yea I know rare now a days).  Started dating when we were 15, and we are both 35 now.  Once you’ve been together for so long, and now raising our 5th child together, we just kind of pick at each other to keep it fun.   We hardly ever have a serious disagreement. Did I mention she is Russian? Lol. I joke with her that I’m waiting for the black van to pull up in front of the house and I disappear from ever existing lol..  

crazy to think that we’ve been together for so long,  we worked our asses off out of high school, working full time, going to school and having babies, so we definitely have had our fair share of stress related fights.  But now that we are a bit older and our careers have taken off, we are pretty much just goof balls with each other.   It is quite amazing what a man is capable of with a good woman by his side!

Starting week 7 of current cycle.  Figured I would hop on and post some physique updates.

Feeling amazing.  Eating at about 5kish calories.  Maintaining keto.   And feeling huge!   Steadily gaining size while SLOWLY getting more lean.  But given all the new covid shit and suspecting upcoming lockdowns, size is the prize right now.  I’ve got a gym down stairs and enough cardio equipment to cut it up if the gyms close down.

right now I’m getting away with 150g carbs on training days while maintaining ketosis (thanks to my buddy Tren Bolone).  I target slow absorbing carbs before and post workout.  Maybe a sweet potato for an extra boost on super heavy days.  I’ve been getting around 300g protein right now, given the added food for more calories.  Eating a lot of salmon, Mahi mahi, keto burgers, avacado, salads with home made dressing for added fats.  Clean local sourced cheese (farmer down the road makes some bomb ass aged, mesquite smoked white cheddar from the cows on his farm).   Keeping it pretty clean.   

I’ll do one cheat meal a week that is usually about 400ish carbs.  Even at that I’m back in keto less than 24 hours later. Lately the cheat meal of choice has been fajitas.  And god do I sweat when I’m consuming them lol.. 

another update I forgot is, I’ve been sober now for a year, oct 24 was my one year mark with no booze!

PS. CBDB I’m putting the final touches on that keto how to post now l, and going to have my wife proof it.  She’s the smart one. I should be able to get it to you within a couple days!

anyway I’m happy with my results only have way through this cycle.  Need to get the wife to take some pics of my back, really starting to get some thickness 

2DDB987C-F75D-4D2D-A683-4FB2B4AFA287.jpeg

F1B810B4-9C70-46F1-B471-96EC7EDBE51D.jpeg

223BDD3F-2CB9-4C72-8731-48AE351E1923.jpeg

Edited by Mikk0090