Blood work what to look for

brett8431

Hey lifters I’ve looked threw many forums and I think this is a grey area that nobody really touch’s on so what do u look for on blood work weather coming of a blast going to to a cruise or reverse or going to run a pct what main things do u look for to determine what route to take 

Here's what you should always look for in my opinion, I usually also do bloodwork every 3 months to make sure everything is good to go before a blast or returning on a cruise dose :

Testosterone Total / Free testosterone

SHBG

E2

Prolactin

Lipid panel

Hematocrit

Hemoglobin

Creatinine

ALT / AST (Liver)

Blood Urea Nitrogen (Kidney)

PSA (Prostate - Elevated values seen after a blast but goes back to normal during cruise normally)

If lipid panel is elevated LDL and really low HDL, normally you want to fix your diet before going back on a blast. Always get E2 checked out if you feel down, no libido, getting gyno etc. Althought E2 is great for putting on some mass (pretty clear by now that studies are showing E2 is a great muscle builder) you don't want it too high because of those issues and also dont want to crash it with an AI. Get it checked out, then see if you need an AI or not. For SHBG, this one is tricky, I feel better honestly when T frees up and when its not bound to SHBG, normally I would take either masteron or proviron to get it down. Prolactin to check when taking any 19-Nors

• Like 1

Fair enough after a blast your most of your panel we’ll be off my delmia is my testosterone was below normal before I jumped on cycle so I was going to get blood work then go on a trt dose of 250/wk and have it checked again in 3months to make sure everything leveled out

IMO a trt dose of 250mg per week is a little high , I’ve seen guys getting results cycling 300mg per week , I’ve personally started my own at 100mg of test-e per week and made slight increases until I felt good and quite honestly I’ve never passed 175mg I felt great good sex drive not an emotional roller coaster. Keep us posted on your journey. CBDB.

I would always get lipids, CBC and liver.

I wouldn't get test levels, if you're on they will be high and if you're off they will be low. Your test, LH and FSH are not coming back for a long time after being on cycle. Unless you're taking 6 months off there really isn't a point to check those. 10 weeks past my last cycle my FSH is .1, LH is <.1 and test was 2.6. I wouldn't expect these to reach anywhere close to normal for another 4 months.

Other tests would be situational. If you're on and having side effects your might want to check estrogen and prolactin but I wouldn't check those while off.

1 minute ago, Blitz said:

I would always get lipids, CBC and liver.

I wouldn't get test levels, if you're on they will be high and if you're off they will be low. Your test, LH and FSH are not coming back for a long time after being on cycle. Unless you're taking 6 months off there really isn't a point to check those. 10 weeks past my last cycle my FSH is .1, LH is <.1 and test was 2.6. I wouldn't expect these to reach anywhere close to normal for another 4 months.

Other tests would be situational. If you're on and having side effects your might want to check estrogen and prolactin but I wouldn't check those while off.

You would not check test levels? What if the test you have is junk/underdosed? There's no way to know unless you do bloodwork. It's also a good idea to check them while off or on TRT to see if you need to lower or increase the dose

30 minutes ago, MaskedMisery said:

You would not check test levels? What if the test you have is junk/underdosed? There's no way to know unless you do bloodwork. It's also a good idea to check them while off or on TRT to see if you need to lower or increase the dose

I personally can tell us my test is good without blood work rather easily. I'm not sure why it would be good idea to check it while off if you are planning to go back on in the near term. I'd always ask what are your solving? If you've been off for 10 weeks and want to go back on what's going to change if your test is high or low?

23 hours ago, Blitz said:

I personally can tell us my test is good without blood work rather easily. I'm not sure why it would be good idea to check it while off if you are planning to go back on in the near term. I'd always ask what are your solving? If you've been off for 10 weeks and want to go back on what's going to change if your test is high or low?

I guess we agree to disagree, I think it is good practice to check everything on a bloodwork, going by ''feeling'' is the wrong way to do it IMO. I've seen it multiple time, you think you feel good but bloodwork says otherwise and somethings off. While checking other stuff on the bloodwork might as well check everything, doesn't take more time or effort.