Anybody ever have a Colonoscopy??

Candrop

I have been getting blood work done over the last 6 months and the one thing that kept coming up was low Iron so now they want to do a Colonoscopy, I have been dreading the day i had to do this but i'm getting to the age were i should have one done. Anybody have this procedure done and how did you feel about it after? I find this to be a lose lose situation as either i'm fine but have to get a camera shoved up my back side or there is something wrong with me, either way i can't see a win here. LOL.

I had one in October (2019). At my age they recommended it. I asked to choose my own place as someone I know had it done by a specific doctor had it sounded relatively pain free.

As most have said, the prep is the most challenging part. STAY HOME that day and near the bathroom lol.

On the actual day, the staff had great bedside manner and the next thing I knew, I was awake and everything was done. Was told everything is ok - come back in 10 years and handed me a CD.