2020 Olympia

Ryujiin

Thoughts? Predictions? Favs?

Lots of Canadians should be placing well (not top 5) this year - aside from CBum who should take the Classic title again this year.

Brandon vs. Phil?

Winkler is looking pretty sic...

Then for kicks you have Regan, Ian and Antoine.

I think we'll know if Phil wins the minute he walks out, if his stomach is tight it's his. If it's off its Brandons. I like Brandon alot but I'll put my money on Phil. It's such a toss up after that, Hadi, Ramy, Roelly, Bonac could all easily be 3rd even 2nd if Brandon or Phil slip.

I'm excited to see the three Canadians in open. I'm pretty sure Iain will be the best but I'm rooting for them all. I'd love to see Antoine surprise and get top 10 or even top 8. His conditioning is always on point, he's always positive and he's actually the first bodybuilder I ever saw in person. This was before he was a pro.

I see Chris winning classic and Breon dropping to third. I'd love to see Terrance Ruffin move into 2nd. I hope to see Logan in the top 6.

Im wondering if Hadi got his visa issues sorted out. Ill admit, Im not a fan of Ramy or his special invite. Reminds me of Kovacs lol.

All the trolling for Kai is getting pretty old as well. 

Breon is looking pretty ripped, but I think your right and that he might slip to third (and cry a river).  He's starting to look a little to much like an open comp.  

I think Phil could walk on stage in his worst condition and he’ll still win this year. Not as a knock to anyone that his worst is better than their best or anything, but let’s face facts, Phil has been filming a documentary all year about his return to get his 8th title. And he’s filming it with 7 Buck Spin. Who are working in conjunction with the Olympia. There is no way they’re gonna invest all that time and money just to have him lose. 

as an edit I forgot: Hunter Labrada I think could honestly be top 10 this year. With the real possibility of even a top 6. He looks insane, especially so young and this Olympia is only his 2nd pro show. 

Also I’m  pretty bummed that Flex Lewis dropped this year, I was really excited to see his open debut. 

As far as classic, I agree that I think Bumstead will take it. It seems to be the direction the judging is going in classic, Breon is def looking more “bodybuilding “ than classic. Ruffin definitely could be a wild card as well as far as top 3 IMO. 

But I’m also excited to see how Peterson does in 212. I think the move up from classic was a smart move. I think he’ll be top 3 for sure. 

Edited by MuscleDummy
Forgot to mention something
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Ryujiin said:

Im wondering if Hadi got his visa issues sorted out. Ill admit, Im not a fan of Ramy or his special invite. Reminds me of Kovacs lol.

All the trolling for Kai is getting pretty old as well. 

Breon is looking pretty ripped, but I think your right and that he might slip to third (and cry a river).  He's starting to look a little to much like an open comp.  

I never understood all the fuss around Kai, don't get me wrong he was an awesome bodybuilder but he was a distant second to Phil. He had a blown out stomach for years and for some reason his fans forgave that but jumped on Phils. It's kinda sad how he keeps poking his head up hinting at a comeback, using old videos as updates, etc.

Well. Now that it’s over, what’s everybody think?

Under dog city IMO. 212 and Open no one was even thinking about Clarida and Ramy for those respective wins. But holy shit did they both deserve it!

and while Curry lost out in open I still think he proved he deserved it last year by still beating Heath this year. Since everyone kept saying the only reason he got it then was Heaths absence. And I have to say I gotta eat crow on this one, I thought for sure politics and money (with the doc he’s filming) would guarantee a win for Heath,  I was 100% wrong. Which honestly I’m pretty stoked about. Brings back a little bit of faith.   

classic tho. Great show man. Bumstead came in so improved from last year as such a clear winner right from the get go. But Ruffin was the best part. Took second, deservedly IMO, and his posing was top notch. Like the best in the game! I think Breons 3rd place is a sign to either give it up, or go into 212 or maybe even open, he has a great structure for bodybuilding, not so much classic, well at least not the way the judging has been going the last few years. 

Ramy deserved the win by far, but by special invite will open up some haters for sure. 

Health should have been 4th as Hadi had him beat. 

I think Breon needs to move to 212, but I doubt he would do any damage there. The changes in Chris vs. last year are just silly. 

Ruffin was indeed on point. 

• Like 1

Classic Physique Olympia Results

1. Chris Bumstead, $30,000
2. Terrence Ruffin, $10,000 
3. Breon Ansley, $5,000 
4. Alex Cambronero, $3000
5. Bryan Jones, $2000

vs.

1. Big Ramy, $400,000
2. Brandon Curry, $150,000
3. Phil Heath, $100,000
4. Hadi Choopan, $45,000
5. William Bonac, $40,000

If I am not mistaken, its classic that has the lowest payout in all divisions.  Lower than men's physique. Wild.