21 Gauge Needle injections

musclebeauty

21 Gauge needle used to inject steroids into deep muscle tissue. Many people ask me what needle to use to inject steroids and the answer is simple. 21 gauge (which refers to the thickness of the needle, the lower the number the thicker it is), one-and-a-half inch length (approximately  38mm).

The reason for using this exact size is not so obvious. There are two types of steroids, oil based (very seldom a thin oil) and water based suspensions. The thick oil based steroids need a thicker needle to suck up the oil into the syringe and to be able to inject it smoothly. This is critical because 99% of all people injection oil based steroid with a needle that is to thin is going to end up with a painful injection site for days.

The reason for this is two fold. The excessive force needed to inject the oil through a thin needle means there is a lot of movement of the needle when injecting and this bruises and damages surrounding tissue. The second issue is that the force with which the oil leaves the needle tip causes further damage to the tissue. Imagine forcing water down a very narrow hose pipe, it will spry out harder and further than out of a big hosepipe.

With water bases suspension, thicker needles are also essential. Because these are suspensions, meaning particles are not dissolved in the water but floats in it so to speak, the risk of these particles clogging the needle is very high. Anybody that has injected Aqua Test for instance will tell you how often it clogs the needle.

This leads to the conclusion that you need a thicker and longer needle to inject deep in the muscle without excessive force. The 23 gauge long needle is the way to go.

• Like 2

Just now, rhynoplanet said:

Thanks for sharing this, I never thought about the force requiring more pip when using the higher gauge needle. I always draw with 20 and pin with 23 but used to use 22. I rarely get any pip though and usually only got it when I used a brand that I now assume was not as clean. 

No problem at all hun 

Or switching to thinner oil bases like MCT oil and aqueous suspensions that have micronized powders in them versus the good old days when test suspension and winny v were large crystals. Don't forget also that some hormones just plain hurt regardless of suspension medium, needle size, rapidity of injection or injection force. I can't use test p no matter the needle size or the oil carrier or where its placed. Unfortunately there is no one size fits all in injections or compounds needle size depth or speed of injection. Trial and error over time for the individual will steer the course on needle selection and carrier bases/hormones and their specific esters.

G  

• 1 month later...

I'm currently using 20g 1" pins because my local supplier couldn't get 21's apparently. So my replacements were originally 23g pins but I still found it too difficult to push the oil through. 

20's I find are bit too painful at times and takes a bit longer for the injection site to clot. Oils comes out smooth as silk though. 

I think 21's or 22's are perfect.

3 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

I am using Costco 25G 1x inch  take time to draw but easier on my sexy butt ?  Costco have awesome price ?   I normally load 3ml EOD with different stuff lol

Why not draw with a 20 or 21 and change the tip to a 23 or 25?

Some users have found rubber stoppers have dulled or bent the drawing pin making it more painful when breaking the skin.

On 10/25/2018 at 3:04 PM, eazy57 said:

I'm currently using 20g 1" pins because my local supplier couldn't get 21's apparently. So my replacements were originally 23g pins but I still found it too difficult to push the oil through. 

20's I find are bit too painful at times and takes a bit longer for the injection site to clot. Oils comes out smooth as silk though. 

I think 21's or 22's are perfect.

Run the syringe under hot water for a minute or two. Or let it sit in the upright position in a glass of really really warm/hot water. This will help vent the shot aswell as help thin the oils

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BendingBars said:

Run the syringe under hot water for a minute or two. Or let it sit in the upright position in a glass of really really warm/hot water. This will help vent the shot aswell as help thin the oils

I used to go through that ritual. Can't be bothered anymore. Much, much easier with a 21g pin.

11 hours ago, BendingBars said:

Why not draw with a 20 or 21 and change the tip to a 23 or 25?

Some users have found rubber stoppers have dulled or bent the drawing pin making it more painful when breaking the skin.

The only reason is Costco don't sell 20G tip I think I will look to get some ?