Bodytech Sponsored Offseason Log

Corey5150

Hey everyone!

Sorry there hasn't been much updating to this log, I've been crazy busy - and aches and pains delayed the start of my offseason cycle so I've been hesitant to post any updates. BUT now we're going full steam and I'm working in collaboration with Bodytech so here we go! ALSO, anyone curious thats seen my past progress I've been using BT gear for the last several years. 

My thoughts have changed from the initial plans. I will be sticking to some more tried and true methods/cycles that I've used before with great success... but we'll also throw in some new and interesting stuff here and there.

I'm going to be sharing everything: diet, gear, training, natural supplementation, thought process, etc... 

So lets start with training, currently I'm nearing the end of my "strength" phase which is predominantly low volume and focusing on progressive overload. I'm a firm believer in getting as strong as possible, then introducing an increase in volume, and that will be my next transition based on how my body recovers. So something I usually abide by is reducing my last max load by about 20ish percent based on how the numbers work out and I'll increase the amount of working sets performed. Now I'll approach this addition of volume slowly it WONT be done every week. And I'll still be adding weight/reps to these increased sets (always following the principles of progressive overload).

I'll post further details tonight, post training session as I don't have my log book in front of me. 

Nutrition is pretty different from what I've been doing, I've been keeping things VERY clean and a minor surplus in terms of calories. BUUUTTT I'm going to go a little heavier for abit as I haven't done that for a while, we'll see how high it brings me before I adjust. Here's the basic outline of my diet

Meal 1:
100g of Carbs from Cereal (whichever I'm eating at the moment)
2 Scoops of Whey
45g of Peanut Butter

Meal 2 + 3:
3 Cups White Rice
6oz Extra Lean Ground Beef
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Small Mixed Green Salad

Meal 4:
Repeat of Meal 1

Pre Workout:
I'll utilize some type of fast carb around 50g total

Intra:
50g from HBCD

All adjustments made to my diet will be done by testing my blood sugar, matching it to my recovery needs and how my weight is progressing. 

Natural Supplements:
Omega 3 Fish Oil
CoQ10
Astragalus
Multivitamin
Magnesium Biglycinate
Curcumin
Vitamin D3
Ashwagandha 
Inositol Hexaphosphate
Citrus Bergamot
Greens Powder
Creatine Monohydrate
... I think thats it? lol

PED's - ALL gear utilized will be from Bodytech
So this will be tweaked as we go, I don't create a say 12-16 plan when I do this, I will stop once I feel run down and continue to push if bloodwork is in a good place. So with that being said at the moment I'm running, per week (just started this two weeks ago... and I've missed 1 shot per week lol so haven't hit the total yet):
1g Sust
600mg Deca
50mg Anadrol on Training Days
5IU Humalog Pre Workout

Current weight is about 240ish, my height is about 5'8. So lets see where things go!

Edited by Corey5150

15 hours ago, NorthernLifters said:

Quite the mix of supplements 

Love the details on these logs

All health is in check?any history of health issues? 

A lot of what I do is for preventative measure. I run slightly on the high end of normal for BP, so I monitor that quite frequently just to stay on top of it. 

3 hours ago, Littlefry said:

Following along. I've never used deca before but I agree with you test, deca, Adrol is a tried and true stack. Although I thought you were more a fan of npp 

I’ve always been a big fan of NPP, and I recommend it a lot so if people aren’t comfortable with a long acting nandrolone they can adjust the dose somewhat quickly (same why I’d recommend Tren Ace versus Enth)

At this point I’m just trying to reduce the volume of my shots - I may bump the dose up further if need be... or I may switch it altogether lol like I mentioned earlier I really don’t plan these cycles too far out. 

So yesterday was my Hamstring day - I added some more bicep volume as well. 

I have managed to make PRs on virtually all my exercises. That is my goal every session, regardless if volume is low or high. 

So here is how my training session went:

Stiff Legged Deadlift (Performed on a smith machine, 2 Seconds stretch, 1 second contraction) - 2.25pl x 15, 2.25 x 10

Hyper Extension (Focused on TUT - hamstring being main mover) - BW x 35, BW x 20

Seated Hamstring Curl - 180 x 15, 185 x 10

Lying Hamstring Curl - 7pl x 15, 7pl x 12

Abduction Machine - Max x 25, Max x 25

Preacher Curl Machine - 125 x 20, 125 x 15

15 Minutes of Cardio to cool down

*Just a note, I measure the weight lifted as simply noted by the machine and I count the plates like 2.25 would be 2 - 45 plates and a 25. I do this because I use a lot of hammer strength machines and I don't like doing math lol

*Its not a LARGE hamstring day by any means, however this is an area I need to bring up and I would simply have nearly no direct hamstring work prior. So Adding all this additional volume is being quite effective. 

So the past two days have been REST days, I'll be training Back tonight - ready to get back to it. 

- For now my diet will not change rest days versus training days as I find my weight to be fairly consistent, and I really want to push it up.

A point I want to bring up, I cant tell you how many people I talk to are so SCARED of rest days. More often than not if you're training with enough intensity and volume to match your recovering ability you'll NEED rest days. I can't push the gym 6-7 days a week I get burnt out way too fast. And I sometimes think thats an interesting way to phrase work ethic to people, because everyone ALWAYS think they train super hard, everyone. Then when they train with someone who trains hard they understand. If you're able to have super high volume sessions, train for 2+ hours or find you only take rest days just "because" then I'd really re-evaluate your thought process on how you're training.

On 2/9/2020 at 2:32 PM, NorthernLifters said:

Spot on @Corey5150literally can't add anything to what you said because you hit the nail on the head. Rest days are over looked 

Very underrated way of increasing your recovering ability!

So as of today weight is currently up about 3lbs, hoping to go up maybe another 5-7 before I'll try and create a new set point. I like to get my weight up to a certain point then let it settle, almost allowing a recomping effect to occur.

So during this next phase in my training - i'm looking to reduce my strength slightly and build up the volume little by little. So the past two sessions I've completed a Back + Biceps based day as well as a quad day.

Total Volume increase for back was 3 sets (brought up to a total of 11 working sets)

Total Volume increase for legs was 3 sets (brought up to a total of 10 working sets)

These took A LOT out of me, so I'll be looking to stick with this volume for at least another week to 2. And from there I'll be looking at adding a single set to each session per week or two based on my ability to recover.

So guys, was out for a total of 5 days - ate nothing but a soup or two a day. Felt like death lol

So managed to get back to the gym so far for two sessions - both have been highly productive. 

Once again, the way my training is currently structured is a slight reduction in strength in order to build up some training volume.

My chest volume has been brought up to 11 sets total (a +3 increase). Ran out of time for delts, so I hit that yesterday (went late - not enough energy for a solid leg session) and increased the total volume again by another 3 sets.

Today will be a rest day, as I'm quite sure from the previous sessions.

Weight is hanging around 246 in the morning as of now, slight bloat but feeling good. 

I am also going to be introducing the new CBD tincture by BT into my daily routine and will give a review on how i'm feeling throughout the log over the next little bit.

• 3 weeks later...

So overdue for an update! Since my last update life has been crazy busy!

Morning weight is hovering around 253-255. Pretty happy with the overall look and how im feeling currently. 

Cycle has not changed. So please refer to above posts in regards to what the plan is. 

Volume has stayed elevated, in fact I have added another set to the total volume, so now most are sitting around the 12-14 sets mark. My leg day has been changed, no longer have I included squats (free or smith) as they've been causing too much fatigue and nausea (which I've dealt with through adding some acid reflux meds) to be productive through the whole session, so I've switched those out for  hack squats. 

Strength as still been increasing (slower due to volume) but I'm still pushing for PRs in this volume phase. 

Recovery has been GREAT, I am a big fan of this CBD product. I've used a pharmaceutical grade CBD product before and I've gotta say this is just as good. Overall inflammation is much reduced, sleep is better - can recommend it enough. Especially where the DOMS are greater because of the added volume, I almost would consider this a necessity to anyone looking to push the volume of their training higher. 

I'll post a pic tonight!

• Like 1

BT told me about their CBD too and reading your log I may give it a swing too!

Thankfully my inflammation winter phase seems to have gone done, I'm feeling overall better and only ancillary bonus drug I'm using is cardarine which I read in some cases helps with inflammation. However, winter time I have BAD inflammation, plus I had an accident and rehab work and well why not every little bit can help.

I have often found over the years my limited factor to strength and growth is not my muscle or food intake but how much I can push myself in the gym and joint aches, inflammation screw with me and so I always hold back... can only be young and foolish once lol

23 hours ago, a_ahmed said:

BT told me about their CBD too and reading your log I may give it a swing too!

Thankfully my inflammation winter phase seems to have gone done, I'm feeling overall better and only ancillary bonus drug I'm using is cardarine which I read in some cases helps with inflammation. However, winter time I have BAD inflammation, plus I had an accident and rehab work and well why not every little bit can help.

I have often found over the years my limited factor to strength and growth is not my muscle or food intake but how much I can push myself in the gym and joint aches, inflammation screw with me and so I always hold back... can only be young and foolish once lol

Not only would CBD be of benefit but also TB500 - Thymosin Beta has a systemic effect and is also great for reduction of inflammation.