Competitions!

As my body is dropping fat to a suitable level and I can now truly see my progress, I've contemplated competing. maybe just at least once for the experience of it. It's mentally difficult. i have an unhealthy relationship with carbs after long periods of dieting. 

But it's something I'm considering doing.. at least once. We'll see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corey5150 said:

How many here have competed before? Or are looking to compete in the future? 

Im curious as I constantly see the numbers of certain class’ jump, must be a few out there looking to get their feet wet!

myself, I’ve been competing for about 7 years

Last show for me was Van Pro, moved up to B.B. from WPD. Placed second. TO Pro next year maybe Ms International Wings of Strength.

4 hours ago, eazy57 said:

As my body is dropping fat to a suitable level and I can now truly see my progress, I've contemplated competing. maybe just at least once for the experience of it. It's mentally difficult. i have an unhealthy relationship with carbs after long periods of dieting. 

But it's something I'm considering doing.. at least once. We'll see.

Any idea what class you'd do? I'm always curious as bodybuilding seems to be on the downward slope. But its nice to see more guys gravitating to classic physique.

1 hour ago, MSCLMAMA said:

Last show for me was Van Pro, moved up to B.B. from WPD. Placed second. TO Pro next year maybe Ms International Wings of Strength.

How'd you find the transition? More of a challenge - or just a continuation and progression of what you've been doing?

5 hours ago, Corey5150 said:

Any idea what class you'd do? I'm always curious as bodybuilding seems to be on the downward slope. But its nice to see more guys gravitating to classic physique.

How'd you find the transition? More of a challenge - or just a continuation and progression of what you've been doing?

Maybe to start I'd go with men's physique and then work my way up to classic physique. 

Men's physique seems very doable for me. Is there age classes as well.. like 50 and over etc...?

Edited by eazy57
  • Like 2

I did 9 shows, In 3 different weight classes of BB. Plus I was in the lighter classes.

Was going for a 10th or 11 show back to back but got injured 2 times from work from lifting.

My only shows that I ever pulled out, 2014 and 2017.

As of now, seems like I'm done with shows plus BB is almost done.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, storman said:

I was signed up to compete 3 times and i punked out all 3 times. It wasnt the prep that scared me, it was the being on stage posing,  The wife filmed me once posing and i looked like a retarded gorilla

Lol posing is half the battle my man! Doesn’t matter how good the physique is if we can’t display it properly! Normally I’d advise posing either everyday to every other day, so you can work on the obvious things such as displaying the physique and something that’s overlooked: stamina. Also doesn’t hurt to get someone to work with you that knows what they’re doing. 

14 hours ago, eazy57 said:

Maybe to start I'd go with men's physique and then work my way up to classic physique. 

Men's physique seems very doable for me. Is there age classes as well.. like 50 and over etc...?

I believe there are age categories to every class. So that’s always an option! Honestly man, I say compete in the class that motivates you the most - that is, unless the sole goal is to win. So say your legs are a big hindrance then yea I’d say lean towards men’s physique versus classic or bodybuilding. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, funnyman said:

I did 9 shows, In 3 different weight classes of BB. Plus I was in the lighter classes.

Was going for a 10th or 11 show back to back but got injured 2 times from work from lifting.

My only shows that I ever pulled out, 2014 and 2017.

As of now, seems like I'm done with shows plus BB is almost done.

Isn’t it sad? I’ve always wondered the great attraction to the other two class’. Because who doesn’t want to be a monster?? Haha

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Corey5150 said:

Thats the attitude you need to do well! The best at competing are the ones obsessive about it 

I watched a documentary on Jay Cutler... he said you'd have to be crazy to do what they do. The size, the regimen of food and training. Insane amount of drugs. 

You're absolutely right, if your obsessive about it you'll likely excel!

Oddly enough I've been asked a couple times if I compete, and my reaction is always to say "In what?" .. then I laugh when I get the answer as I just can't see it. The stage fright would be brutal, but I suppose I could take a Xanax to get over that. 

I've thought about it after the last person asked me, but then I see the time and dedication it takes and what that takes away from family life, so for that reason alone I know it's never going to happen. 

5 hours ago, mt666tm said:

Oddly enough I've been asked a couple times if I compete, and my reaction is always to say "In what?" .. then I laugh when I get the answer as I just can't see it. The stage fright would be brutal, but I suppose I could take a Xanax to get over that. 

I've thought about it after the last person asked me, but then I see the time and dedication it takes and what that takes away from family life, so for that reason alone I know it's never going to happen. 

I smoke a thc pen behind stage before I go out - I have fairly bad anxiety so thankfully it really helps! 

• Like 1

I have only competed in powerlifting did that for 5 years both raw and suited than switched to bodybuilding and am obsessed with it ever since but have had no desire to step onstage whatsoever...I am totally like Shredz as i take everything to the extreme been over 205lb at 5'2 was on a lot of shit and than had enough of being huge and decided i wanted to go the total opposite and get totally shredded to see what i looked like...so here i am now at 162lbs still going down....?

13 hours ago, MSCLMAMA said:

Amateur, I’m not a pro yet ? I competed this year at the Van Pro AM lol in WBB, 2nd place.

Ah okay, makes sense now. Thought it was strange that a new pro show like Vancouver picked it up when the rest were dropping it. Well good luck next year!

• Like 1