Kaizen from Costco

Pacific Rim

Anyone else use this brand.

Price wise it’s a decent deal and that’s what I’ve been using on and off for a few years.

Is there much a difference in quality between an $80 brand at Popeyes and the $55 Kaizen.

From the labels themselves it doesn’t seem worth the extra money.

I only use post work out or sometimes bring to work as a snack.

Anyone else use Kaizen?

I buy it every time it goes on sale in Costco. Just got one a couple of weeks ago for $39.

It's whey isolate, no fillers and not amino spiked. However, I find the taste not to be the greatest. 

Isolate is isolate. With the 'big brands' you are paying for their marketing dollars. 

You can compare Kaizen label with any other brands and it reads pretty well. 

IMO, it is a pretty good bang for the buck. 

• Like 1

I hesitate to even post this cause my memory is shit.  But i kinda remember someone online contacting kiazen and they were told the stuff they sell at costco is a different grade then the stuff they sell to other places.

Now, take that with a massive grain of salt cause I personally never looked into it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 9:17 PM, storman said:

I hesitate to even post this cause my memory is shit.  But i kinda remember someone online contacting kiazen and they were told the stuff they sell at costco is a different grade then the stuff they sell to other places.

Now, take that with a massive grain of salt cause I personally never looked into it. 

Your memory is better than you give it credit...lol

that was me,  here is a copy of the email from back in 2014:

We offer two separate line ups under the Kaizen brand name.

Kaizen Protein Drink Mix is an exclusive to Costco which can be found on this website. This is generally the most affordable per gram. It can only be found in Costco locations.

www.kaizenprotein.com        

Kaizen Naturals Protein Powder is carried at GNC, Alive Health Centre, Capers Whole Foods, Choices Market, Lifestyle Markets, Thrifty Foods, Price Smart Foods, Save on Foods, Loblaws, Superstore, Rexall, and Sobeys. This can be purchased online at Amazon.cafitshop.cagorillajack.com and is generally the sold in biodegradable container.                        

www.kaizennaturals.com        

The Kaizen Protein Drink Mix sold at Costco is primarily a European based protein while the Kaizen Naturals Protein Powder is sourced from New Zealand Whey. Kaizen Naturals also solely contains Stevia as a sweetener.

Best Regards,

Drew – The Kaizen Naturals Team –drew@winning-combination.com

I bought my protein exclusively from Costco for years. I doubt that that any difference in quality between their offerings and premium brands is anywhere close to the huge price difference.

That said I now buy in bulk from Canadianprotein.com because I prefer unflavored. Costco has not had an unflavored offering for quite some time. 

• 2 weeks later...