More CBD Info for Lifters

MSCLMAMA

CBD For Lifters

It won't get you high, but it might be just what the hardcore lifter needs.

Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of 104 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in marijuana plants. CBD lacks psychoactive properties and won't get you high the way THC does. This is appealing for people who want to experience the benefits from the plant without the side effects.

What benefits? It's an emerging field, but people have successfully used CBD for the treatment of pain, anxiety, depression, migraines, inflammation, and much more. From an athlete's perspective, it's excellent for recovery from training as it helps ease muscle soreness and reduce chronic inflammation.

Personally, I've been supplementing with CBD for a while to help treat my tendinitis, lower back pain, and headaches. It's been a lifesaver. I can train hard and concentrate on my lifts without worrying about the constant pain I used to have.

I rely on this supplement stack daily for my recovery:

25mg CBD

2 capsules Curcumin

With the evolving cannabis laws in North America, it's becoming a lot more mainstream, and a less restricted topic. If you're fortunate enough to live in one of the states or provinces that allow the sale of marijuana extracts, you can check out your local dispensaries or online stores for more information.

It's available in many forms, including tinctures, pills, vape pens, mints, candies, and more.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is ever looking to be scripted legitimately let me know I know a clinic that can get it done no matter where in canada you are.  I can 100% help I use CBD religiously after all my injuries from my time in the army and Afghanistan tours and its amazing stuff the medical stuff is off the chain

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Talon said:

If anyone is ever looking to be scripted legitimately let me know I know a clinic that can get it done no matter where in canada you are.  I can 100% help I use CBD religiously after all my injuries from my time in the army and Afghanistan tours and its amazing stuff the medical stuff is off the chain

Good to know, thanks man

12 hours ago, Talon said:

I’m curious, but why would anyone need a prescription for cbd oil now? Is there a difference between prescribed and the otc that we can get at any cannibis store?

53 minutes ago, Davis1891 said:

I’m curious, but why would anyone need a prescription for cbd oil now? Is there a difference between prescribed and the otc that we can get at any cannibis store?

you need to know the way medical vs rec works.  You don't get to write rec off when you do income tax You do get too for medical.    Next drug coverage is coming for medicinal scripts, third there is a big difference as a lot of CBD strains rec vs medicinal too some of the LPs will never release their medicinal strains in the rec market......Quality is also a big difference.  Trust me when I say I know my shit in this area....  There are also different rules for use rec vs medical In Liu of where and where you may not use etc etc judging from the rumours I am hearing you may not eventually be able to get CBD in the rec stores  Heath canada is playing with ideas 

https://www.thebruns.ca/articles/health-experts-stress-difference-between-medical-and-recreational-cannabis

10 hours ago, Talon said:

you need to know the way medical vs rec works.  You don't get to write rec off when you do income tax You do get too for medical.    Next drug coverage is coming for medicinal scripts, third there is a big difference as a lot of CBD strains rec vs medicinal too some of the LPs will never release their medicinal strains in the rec market......Quality is also a big difference.  Trust me when I say I know my shit in this area....  There are also different rules for use rec vs medical In Liu of where and where you may not use etc etc judging from the rumours I am hearing you may not eventually be able to get CBD in the rec stores  Heath canada is playing with ideas 

https://www.thebruns.ca/articles/health-experts-stress-difference-between-medical-and-recreational-cannabis

Thanks, I’ll look into it. I’ll take you up on that clinic of yours? My dr is very much against it

2 hours ago, MIGHTYhound said:

i keep herering it works and it doesnt all the time, is it different from person to person?

its like gear brother some work for some other NO,.   I find that it works for me and my wife we both are lucky that it does work for us....

12 minutes ago, Talon said:

its like gear brother some work for some other NO,.   I find that it works for me and my wife we both are lucky that it does work for us....

I don’t necessarily think it “works or doesn’t”... just like gear I think we have people that need to use different amounts. 

With CBD it’s taken me awhile to find my sweet spot, and it’s a fair amount. When I first started I used a little and didn’t notice anything. So I gradually increased until I found it - now it’s one of my favorite recovery tools. 

15 minutes ago, Corey5150 said:

I don’t necessarily think it “works or doesn’t”... just like gear I think we have people that need to use different amounts. 

With CBD it’s taken me awhile to find my sweet spot, and it’s a fair amount. When I first started I used a little and didn’t notice anything. So I gradually increased until I found it - now it’s one of my favorite recovery tools. 

I work in the field and we have patients who just for some reason do not respond well to straight CBD and we end up having to use hybrid strains with more THC in them.   but yes you are right its all about finding the sweet spot so to speak,   we also find one strain of CBD ie an indica based strain works for some and a sativa base cbd strain works on others.  Isreal has some amazing research done in regards to cannabis based medicine and its mind blowing as to how far behind the 8 ball we are. 

around 20% of people have a genetic mutation that increases the natural endocannabinoid level in the body. If you’re lucky enough to have this mutation, you’ll feel less anxious than a normal person but conversely, since you have extra cannabinoids already, CBD may prove ineffective.

40 minutes ago, Talon said:

I work in the field and we have patients who just for some reason do not respond well to straight CBD and we end up having to use hybrid strains with more THC in them.   but yes you are right its all about finding the sweet spot so to speak,   we also find one strain of CBD ie an indica based strain works for some and a sativa base cbd strain works on others.  Isreal has some amazing research done in regards to cannabis based medicine and its mind blowing as to how far behind the 8 ball we are. 

around 20% of people have a genetic mutation that increases the natural endocannabinoid level in the body. If you’re lucky enough to have this mutation, you’ll feel less anxious than a normal person but conversely, since you have extra cannabinoids already, CBD may prove ineffective.

20% is a fairly significant amount for a genetic mutation - but that’s very cool. I’m looking forward to seeing more and more research come out on the area as it’s an area I’m quite new to

8 minutes ago, Corey5150 said:

20% is a fairly significant amount for a genetic mutation - but that’s very cool. I’m looking forward to seeing more and more research come out on the area as it’s an area I’m quite new to

I agree the number seems very large.  But I am blown away a\how far behind the 8 ball we are so to speak.  I hope one day gear ends up the same way as cannabis has.  Would be amazing to see,  One day all those things the Americans have vilified will be regulated.  their war on everything will one day come to an end. and one day we will be responsible for what we put in our bodies.    Thank god Canada is coming around

1 hour ago, Talon said:

Good info man. 

2 hours ago, Corey5150 said:

How many mg do u find is the sweet spot and at what strength or percentage of cbd?

29 minutes ago, ElectricRocker said:

Good info man. 

How many mg do u find is the sweet spot and at what strength or percentage of cbd?

I get by with avedekal its a CBD oil from medreleaf and it does the job 1ml post work out and ill add more on days where I find im more sore.  I will also use it more often running tren to combat the aggression and temper I get with it.  CBD has a way of keeping me mellow

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Talon said:

I get by with avedekal its a CBD oil from medreleaf and it does the job 1ml post work out and ill add more on days where I find im more sore.  I will also use it more often running tren to combat the aggression and temper I get with it.  CBD has a way of keeping me mellow

Right on man tks

So many new and interesting products emerging lately with legalization. 

I personal prefer a little thc before I workout it helps me with focus and clarity and I believe enhances my mind muscle connection.

i found a really good strain that is 15% Cbd and 15% THC, I get the best of both worlds and used preworkout I get a nice little buzz of focus and the healing properties that help with my arthritis from the cbd.

I will also add I prefer sativa over indica strains. Sativa is more of a head buzz with a boost of focus and clarity. Heavy indica dominant strains tend to make me lethargic and give me anxiety. 

Happy experimenting! 

13 hours ago, LONEJONES said:

So many new and interesting products emerging lately with legalization. 

I personal prefer a little thc before I workout it helps me with focus and clarity and I believe enhances my mind muscle connection.

i found a really good strain that is 15% Cbd and 15% THC, I get the best of both worlds and used preworkout I get a nice little buzz of focus and the healing properties that help with my arthritis from the cbd.

I will also add I prefer sativa over indica strains. Sativa is more of a head buzz with a boost of focus and clarity. Heavy indica dominant strains tend to make me lethargic and give me anxiety. 

Happy experimenting! 

sativa gave me anxiety once,horrible reaction

it can fuck some guys right up I use a sativa oil Orally on bad days when I am sore or well tren kicks in.     I worked out today with some in me and wow what a work out.   CBD is non psychoactive meaning it has ZERO THC maybe 1%.   what it is as I say value in a bottle its AMAZING stuff and really loosens up the body.  and OMG for anxiety its amazing.   I  am not a smoker at all I use medically but ya sativa can work some people and others wow looney bin time.   It is all based on the person and their ability to handle it.    I always tell new people to GO slow and small amounts as soon as you take too much it can be all bad.