OLYMPIC

UFC or Bellator?

UFC and conor! Wether he wins or loses to a fucking russian cunt, he lives the life and came from jack shit. We have similar taste in music and cars too, haha. I mean who wouldn't want to cruise in a fucking Rolls Royce phantom bumping 2pac I Get Around.

Bellator is sparking my interest lately though.

I like Bellator's tournament-style competitions that they're putting on. But I'm not a fan of the constant golden oldies match ups they keep lining up. Bellator seems nothing more than a springboard into the UFC, or place to go and live out the rest of your career post-UFC.

Having said that, UFC is fast becoming too WWE for my taste. But thats just my opinion.

I am UFC through and through and as for favourite fighter OMG I love the rheem even though is jaw is glass he has always been a favourite.  I also have DC love that guy he is a true champ.  I hate no LOATHE Jon Jones.      just can't stand a fake idiot.  I do have to say that I have been loving Bellator recently and really am starting to appreciate Bader now and love MVP page is a beast.   I love the tournament setting too

On 11/3/2018 at 9:44 PM, Bolton73 said:

Having said that, UFC is fast becoming too WWE for my taste. But thats just my opinion.

Agreed. The audience has changed as a result of UFC decisions to grow the business.

I became a fan at UFC 3. I was practicing martial arts at the time and so was interested from a technical angle. Obviously the gen pop is much larger than the martial artist pop so Dana has dialed up the sensationalism to broaden the customer base. The whole McGregor schtick type crap is a waste of time for me.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 2:00 PM, Fizzyx said:

Agreed. The audience has changed as a result of UFC decisions to grow the business.

I became a fan at UFC 3. I was practicing martial arts at the time and so was interested from a technical angle. Obviously the gen pop is much larger than the martial artist pop so Dana has dialed up the sensationalism to broaden the customer base. The whole McGregor schtick type crap is a waste of time for me.

Yes. I definitely miss the days when martial artists would show respect to their opponents and their schools/dojos.

On 11/7/2018 at 5:40 PM, Pump_And_Hump said:

just a soap opera like wwe

This.

I used to watch UFC religiously, but i just cant anymore... not for years now. If i wanna see a scripted soap opera with big tough guys i'll watch wrestling. Their hype machine too... its utterly fucking absurd. Insulting really. Haven't seen Bellator, but anything that isn't drug-tested is gold in my books.

Bring back the OLD UFC!!!! Like, UFC 1-5. NO weight classes, no drug testing, no rules. I wanna see a fucking SCRAP. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UFC used to be the best MMA around . I believe when they went to uniforms is when it went to shit . Seriously Dana White is such a greedy bastard fighters can't make money by advertising on there walk out shorts or shirts ? Boxing and any other blood sport  supported the idea of accepting sponsorships to pay for there camps .

UFC recycles the same dam fighters to were I can barely tell old UFCs form new UFCs

Bellator has new faces and gives hope to aspiring young men around the world .

Michael "Venom" Page is character that I'm curious to see every time he fights . 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:44 AM, Bolton73 said:

I like Bellator's tournament-style competitions that they're putting on. But I'm not a fan of the constant golden oldies match ups they keep lining up. Bellator seems nothing more than a springboard into the UFC, or place to go and live out the rest of your career post-UFC.

I feel the same way as you, I love Bellator.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 2:57 PM, funnyman said:

I feel the same way as you, I love Bellator.

Not trying to derail the thread, but I'm interested in seeing how that Heavyweight tournament plays out. I think its down to just Bader and Fedor. My brain says Bader takes it, but experience has taught me to never count out Fedor, heheheh

25 minutes ago, Bolton73 said:

Not trying to derail the thread, but I'm interested in seeing how that Heavyweight tournament plays out. I think its down to just Bader and Fedor. My brain says Bader takes it, but experience has taught me to never count out Fedor, heheheh

Funny you say that you like the tournament, and my old boss at work said the same thing.

The more people I talk with say they like Bellator.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, funnyman said:

Funny you say that you like the tournament, and my old boss at work said the same thing.

The more people I talk with say they like Bellator.

Absolutely. I think the better Bellator does, the better it is for MMA fans.

1) Because they have a larger amount of fight cards to watch

2) As Bellator does better, this will force the UFC to start to clean up some of their sloppiness

• Like 1