GW 501516 (Cardarine)

OLYMPIC

What is GW 501516 (Cardarine)?

GW 501516 (or Cardarine), is a research chemical developed in the 1990s to prevent and cure tumor formation in the colon, prostate, and breasts. Studies done in the early 2000s have found that GW 501516 and other PPAR agonists have also been able to stop metabolic disorders such as obesity and diabetes through specific gene expressions.

As research continued to grow, bodybuilders quickly caught on to GW 501516, calling it “the ultimate endurance enhancing supplement.”

Plus, Cardarine’s ability to burn off excess fatty tissue, enhance recovery, and dramatically increase endurance has made this product a staple in every athlete’s cycle and PCT. With no harmful side effects found in the past 20 years, no wonder why GW 501516 has become a legend in the world of sports and athleticism.

Let’s take a closer look…

How It Works

GW501516 is is a PPARδ agonist and NOT a SARM, but does work in very similar ways. In this case, GW 501516 targets the androgen receptors that stimulate glucose uptake and skeletal muscle tissue. Currently, it is being suggested as a potential treatment for obesity by rapidly melting through what’s called “fatty acid oxidation“.

Also, Cardarine is said to increase HDL by an average of 79% (good cholesterol) and decrease LDL (bad cholesterol) in current Phase II trials.

These help increase your HDL levels from an enhanced expression of the cholesterol transporter ABCA1.

The Benefits of GW 501516

The benefits of Cardarine seem to be endless, both in medical science and in the gym. Many studies have been done on GW 501516 showing numerous positive effects during the trial, despite minimum side effects.

That is part of the reason why Cardarine has recently become so popular.

Below is a list of the most powerful benefits that you could experience while taking a cycle of GW 501516 (compiled from much research and study)

The Ultimate Endurance Supplement

GW 501516 is literally the best it gets when it comes to endurance, energy, stamina, and performance enhancement of any kind.

It is used by elite athletes for a reason, from cyclists to elite bodybuilders. In fact, WADA has even added GW 501516 to their list of banned substances because of its competitive advantage.

You can expect insane levels of intensity in the gym, shorter recovery times, and be able to bust through plateaus like never before.

Also, the energy you get from Cardarine is not experienced as jittery or anxious. It’s not a stimulant, and you won’t crash hours later.

In fact, many users even report feeling an overall sense of well being and calmness.

Some of the other benefits include:

Rapidly melts fat and NON-catabolic;

Provides noticeable results on the first dose;

The ability to run for as long as 8-12+ weeks;

Is versatile and can be stacked with anything;

Can be used while cutting OR bulking;

No side effects, liver toxicity, or suppression have been reported;

No need for a PCT.

Cardarine: The Cure for Obesity?

The primary role of GW’s ability to rid the body of unwanted fatty tissue is almost LEGENDARY. The chemical compounds in this particular PPAR agonist functions in the differentiation of adipocytes.

Much like growth hormone, GW501516 generates proinflammatory markers in adipose tissue and decreasing the activity of genes involved in lipogenesis. This means that the body is able to block fatty acid chains from forming and being stored as fat.

A study from Scientific Reports published in 2015 stated:

“GW501516 acts on PPAR beta cells that exclusively use body fat as energy in the same way the body would when going through “starvation mode”.

The study is quoted stating: “physiological and pathophysiological functions of PPAR and generated novel strategies to treat metabolic diseases”.

The activation of these particular genes in the body has been seen to burn body fat at such an alarming rate that it is being coined “the cure to obesity”.

There were absolutely no adverse side effects detected in the last 20 years of study and it was extremely rare to see muscle wasting at any point during the research.

Cardarine’s Effects on Muscle Fibers

The 2015 study by Wei Chen, Ph.D. and his colleges has also found that dramatic increases in the PPAR gene in slow twitch muscle fibers increases oxygen usage and greatly increases endurance. The enhanced endurance was seen in lab mice with a normal oxygen supply and those with oxygen restrictions which provided significant evidence that GW501516 targets and enhances skeletal muscle endurance and recovery time to a supraphysiological level.

Cardarine Results

This compound has a long range of proven benefits. The results you can expect while cycling with Cardarine include:

• Boost in energy levels: This compound helps you boost your energy levels when you are on a cutting diet. It helps you train longer and harder. You will feel the difference considerably when you are lifting as it improves your strength levels.

• Fat loss: Cardarine increases the rate at which stored fat is converted into energy by our body. In this way, you lose fat quickly and look leaner.

• Improved recovery: This compound leads to increased oxygen use by increasing the PPAR gene expression located in slow twitch muscle fibres. In this way, it improves your recovery rate and enables you to recover faster and workout more frequently.

• Muscle Building: This anabolic compound helps you gain considerable muscle mass. It is a must-have compound if you want to put on some good muscles. It helps in muscle growth by developing existing cells and forming new cells. You should definitely add this to your bodybuilding diet for quick results.

GW-501516 Side Effects

Not to say that there are none, but in the last 20 years no side effects have been seen by anyone studying the drug.

GW501516 has not only been tested in healthy subjects, but also those with simulated “real life” habits (such as drinking alcohol, stimulant narcotics, and the use of tobacco products). It is uncertain if there are long-term ramifications, but no research has been published stating otherwise.

This is what makes Cardarine so incredibly popular and usable over long periods of time. In certain studies, there have even been signs showing the reversal of diabetes, obesity, Dyslipidemia and many other diseases.

Liver Damage

In contrast to popular belief, GW501516 doesn’t promote damage to liver cells. The chemical has actually been known to promote healthy liver function and faster healing properties to the skin and muscle tissue. In essence, you will not heal rapidly like Wolverine from the X Men movies, but you will shorten your recovery time from scratches, blisters, and injured muscles by a significant amount.

Cardarine Cancer

There have been many forum comments expressing the concerns of GW501516 and it’s relationship to cancer and tumor development. The hypothesis for this controversy stems from GW’s ability to improve Angiogenesis in the body at an extremely high rate and the rate of cancer growth in the colons of lab mice.

This is a common occurrence among endurance athletes and children going through adolescence. Scientists had speculated that if there were tumor cells active in the body, that they would be especially susceptible to angiogenesis and cause the tumor to grow at a much faster rate. Since 2004 many experiments have been done to prove this hypothesis, but so far, all of them have been largely unsuccessful.

A study published in 2004 by the American Association of Cancer Research stated that PPAR agonists have:

…Shown to have no effect on the proliferation of colorectal cancer cells and “…under normal culture conditions, PPAR activation has no effect on cell growth”.

Keep in mind that this study was done in rats given amounts of 400 mg a day and was abused and ran for hundreds of weeks to top it all off. Time and time again this study has been refuted and shown to be deeply flawed and inaccurate.

In a 2008 experiment done on human breast cancer and colon cancer cells, not only did the PPAR agonist GW 501516 prove to be safe for use, it has proven to inhibit cancer cell growth. The National Institute of Health has confirmed without a reasonable doubt that GW 501516 inhibits a multitude of cancers in human cells.

Over a decade of research studies on human PPAR beta (the primary target of GW) has only proven a decrease in cancer cells with extended use (up to two years). The confusion for these previous allegations of cancer growth was from results published in 1996 and have long since been abandoned due to new clinical research. The chemical compound has been dosed in human PPAR for a number of years and has only provided positive results on cancer treatments, liver function, and metabolic efficiency.

In all of the human studies done so far, there were no noticeable side effects at all while running GW.

Check out some of the studies and resources on GW 501516 for more info:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22814748

http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/57/2/332.long

http://atvb.ahajournals.org/content/27/2/359.long

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly want to try cardarine but the cancer study turns me off. Yeah, I know - high dose use - and on mice - does not translate the same to a human body. But it's still a risk. Would be great if there's new studies on cardarine from multiple countries and journals so we have a better idea of what we're getting into. The reason I can hop on Test, Primo, Dbol, Mast etc. etc. etc. is because it's been tried and tested thousands and thousands of times. There's been studies done on multiple compounds we cycle through in our lives. 

Once cardarine gets studies like that and the positives and negatives aren't anecdotal - I'll happily give it a shot. 

I don’t know what’s with this drug, but 3 weeks ago my bp was borderline bad. Now on just 15mgs a day I was 122/70 down from my average of135-155 over 85-90. I have been doing more cardio recently, but that couldn’t entirely account for this. I have never ever been this low and my hr went down for 75-85 average to 65 as well.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Just finished a bottle of this recently at 10mg/day. Definitely noticeable increase in energy and was able to finish my 3hr powerlifting workouts closer to 2hrs. This will be a new staple during meet preps or any time running tren/mk677 to fight off lethargy. 

On 4/14/2019 at 5:14 PM, The_Night_King said:

Just started it myself... Doing 10 mg pre-work out, then another 10 mg 6 hrs later. 

Not sure how fast this stuff kicks in, but I do notice I can go on the stair master alot longer lately. 

is it advised to split the dose?

• 3 months later...
On 8/1/2019 at 3:36 PM, toynut said:

new to cardarine this summer, i like it so far. not worried about cancer warnings, everything now a days can cause cancer, even subway sandwiches.

i think it all comes down to never abusing anything.

the amount of drug required to have any cancer risk would be stupid high and for stupid lengths of time.  You're going to get cancer from the sun before taking 10 mg of cardarine a few times a day for a few weeks.  So nothing to worry about.

• Like 1