Anime - Tell me I am not the only one

Jthewolfk

Jan 8, 2019
Who else was inspired by an anime or TV show to get into the gym? or at least was motivated to push a little further?

Personally I was a huge dragonball, dragonball z, and now dragonball super fan. Goku and his never ending push for success and striving to be the best regardless of the odds always gave me a desire to do better, lift more, and push further.

I watched my fair share of Dragonball Z back in the day, the OG series with the episode long filler of powering up, haha.
The other motivation I had was watching Arnold in Conan the barbarian, it left an impression on me for a long time.

Reactions: Jthewolfk
Who else was inspired by an anime or TV show to get into the gym? or at least was motivated to push a little further?

Personally I was a huge dragonball, dragonball z, and now dragonball super fan. Goku and his never ending push for success and striving to be the best regardless of the odds always gave me a desire to do better, lift more, and push further.
Freaking DBZ man when I was a kid. It was a dream come true. But then I got into all the other shonen series as a kid and branched out a lot trying to learn some Japanese. Even now it's still a silly guilty pleasure watching action anime. The serious adult shoes on Netflix and others really improve the medium in story telling and what you can do with it.

Freaking DBZ man when I was a kid. It was a dream come true. But then I got into all the other shonen series as a kid and branched out a lot trying to learn some Japanese. Even now it's still a silly guilty pleasure watching action anime. The serious adult shoes on Netflix and others really improve the medium in story telling and what you can do with it.
I think we are quite alike with that, I learned enough I could watch some of the shows without the dub, or before the dub came out. I do however, prefer the english dub for dbz, the voices are too iconic. Even some of the american anime has come far, like castlevania, although not traditional, is still a hell of a good watch. If you want to try a hilarious one, ghost stories - English dub - with original subtitles. It is out of the box insane, and hilarious

I think we are quite alike with that, I learned enough I could watch some of the shows without the dub, or before the dub came out. I do however, prefer the english dub for dbz, the voices are too iconic. Even some of the american anime has come far, like castlevania, although not traditional, is still a hell of a good watch. If you want to try a hilarious one, ghost stories - English dub - with original subtitles. It is out of the box insane, and hilarious
Oh, ghost stories... now that was a crazy ride. I never imagined what I was in for. haha