Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?

Dom

VET
Aug 15, 2018
Does anyone train in BJJ? I did for about 6 months and stopped as I got busy in life and couldn't prioritize the time I wanted to. I may want to get back into it again but looking to hear if anyone has any experience in it and to share their stories :)

I tried once to train MA with orals lol, word of advice, orals cause back cramps, I didn't know about taurine at the time. So make sure if you do gear with martial arts you use injectables, drink tons of water and if you do use some kind of oral to drink taurine a lot.

I did Hung Gar, Kendo, Taekwondo (WTF and ITF), Kickboxing, Karate and Irish and Filipino Stick fighting. Loved doing Nun Chucks too. As far as grappling I did take some classes of BJJ, but I always liked being a striker more than grappler. Aaah I was young lol...

I tried once to train MA with orals lol, word of advice, orals cause back cramps, I didn't know about taurine at the time. So make sure if you do gear with martial arts you use injectables, drink tons of water and if you do use some kind of oral to drink taurine a lot.

I did Hung Gar, Kendo, Taekwondo (WTF and ITF), Kickboxing, Karate and Irish and Filipino Stick fighting. Loved doing Nun Chucks too. As far as grappling I did take some classes of BJJ, but I always liked being a striker more than grappler. Aaah I was young lol...
I have to agree with this, I spent a fair share of time in martial arts and grabbling in my younger years and anytime I was on Dbol, I regretted it, the cramps were unreal. You would drop a lock in when you lats locked up, haha.

Does anyone train in BJJ? I did for about 6 months and stopped as I got busy in life and couldn't prioritize the time I wanted to. I may want to get back into it again but looking to hear if anyone has any experience in it and to share their stories :)
I only did it briefly and found I was way more of a boxer and striker so I switched to some boxing and kick boxing. I did do some wrestling for a while and found what little I learned helped me there.

Funny enough I just started BJJ with my kids and wife. I have done TKD (WT now but was trained in ITF and WTF growing up) for the last 30 years, and have extra training in Hapkido, Judo. This is so very humbling getting stomped on by all these guys half my size. I have to recognize that I'm in my 40's, not the same athlete as before and never will be.

Glad you guys talk about the taurine too, because I'm pumping that everyday, as well as magnesium, coq10, vitamin c, etc etc. Every day of training is fun, but also exhausting and humbling. What a cool world!

Reactions: Dom
I’m actually a bjj black belt competed at the highest levels and had a successful run in mma / Muay Thai as well

I could go on and on about the best PEDs but adding halo the last few days and carderine during the whole camp were my favourite with mild amounts of test and eq as a base

Reactions: Physlifter
I’m actually a bjj black belt competed at the highest levels and had a successful run in mma / Muay Thai as well

I could go on and on about the best PEDs but adding halo the last few days and carderine during the whole camp were my favourite with mild amounts of test and eq as a base
im' actually going to be getting some extra cardarine going with my fall cycle...can't wait to get the improvements!
I'm really loving the challenge..and loving being steamrolled by everyone. But they've already recognized that if they give me an inch I'm taking a mile from them...so they don't go easy on me thankfully.

Don’t let your massive strength advantage hinder your technical improvements, I see this a lot. Keep it playful and about learning. So many guys are focused on winning rounds in the gym.

Definitely take some time to work on mobility too, a lot of strong guys get injuries as opposed to rubbery string bag who can put his legs behind his head and suck his cock

Reactions: Physlifter
Don’t let your massive strength advantage hinder your technical improvements, I see this a lot. Keep it playful and about learning. So many guys are focused on winning rounds in the gym.

Definitely take some time to work on mobility too, a lot of strong guys get injuries as opposed to rubbery string bag who can put his legs behind his head and suck his cock
I am quite flexible and with the gym training it keeps me relatively injury free. I make sure I enjoy every roll and focus on defense like crazy so I can just survive. At this point I don't even care about submissions it's just getting through the round and learning one thing from each. it's insane too much improved my cardio has from the month of doing this. One round every other round was what i started with and now i can go 4 in a row keeping the pace before I need a break. I appreciate your words :)

That’s amazing ! Eventually you’ll get so efficient that you won’t get tired rolling 99% of people so you can just go forever