Caffeine and creatine

Svensson

Trusted Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hey, I've read on labels of creatine not to consume caffeine when taking it. I researched, and apparently caffeine can block to absorption of creatine. I also found further information that this not the case and caffeine is fine to take with creation. Now I don't know what to believe. Just curious what you guys think on the subject and what your experience has been. Cheers!

I do think it matters.  If you want it to absorb better then take creatine with some juice.

All my preworkouts have them together, they seem to work good in conjunction. I have absolutely no science to back it up though, how much of the creatine i'm absorbing.

I guess the supplement industry would never be guilty of making misleading claims or making sub par products....

I drink coffee all day long and still get good results from creatine. I've seen the labels you speak of. I think what is more important is staying hydrated. Caffeine is a mild diuretic which could be the reason for the warning.

I drink coffee all day long and still get good results from creatine. I've seen the labels you speak of. I think what is more important is staying hydrated. Caffeine is a mild diuretic which could be the reason for the warning.
This seems to make more sense from the hydration point of view because of increased cell hydration caused by creatine. Guess if you were slightly dehydrated from caffeine it would not be as effective.