Clothing: Gym, Casual, Dress

Ryujiin

VET
Sep 12, 2019
I don't know about you guys but I have a hard time buying clothes that fit "properly" and thus I am wondering, what is your go to?

I used to be a UA whore, but their quality has gone down hill while prices have gotten jacked. I do like the stuff I am seeming from Alphalete, but I am also wondering about casual/casual dress clothing...

Baby Gap?

Yeah bro. The struggle is real. I find hoodies and sweat pants are my go to. I recently hit 260 lbs and jeans are no longer an option. 

I’d like to add to this, as I’m curious.. especially as to how the bigger guys feel

At a public gym what is your attire? Once upon a time I’d only be seen in stringers and sleeveless shirts. Now I’ll only wear hoodies. As a gentleman with some decent size I find everybody stares at me and it makes me uncomfortable. At first I took it as a compliment, now I hate it. How do you people react to the staring?

A1796E35-CE4C-47F6-B16F-7628447A9053.jpeg

i suppose if I’m going to claim 260 and say im fair size I should back it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MaskedMisery
Dress/casual I always get tailored. 
same as jeans.
I’m not 260, mind you. Im only up around 205 (as of this morning) at 5’7”.
as far as gym I just buy cheap tanks and shorts, they get so ratty from the gym. Plus I’m not really into the whole “gym style” thing. It just makes me think of people decked out in like gym shark gear sitting on a piece of equipment on their phone at the gym taking up space. 

Dress/casual I always get tailored. 
same as jeans.
I’m not 260, mind you. Im only up around 205 (as of this morning) at 5’7”.
as far as gym I just buy cheap tanks and shorts, they get so ratty from the gym. Plus I’m not really into the whole “gym style” thing. It just makes me think of people decked out in like gym shark gear sitting on a piece of equipment on their phone at the gym taking up space. 
Man.. 100% agree about the gym style thing. Gym sheep clothing drives me nuts. As you pointed out, a certain kind of person wears that. The same kind thinks putting up a gym selfie on social media is the purpose for the workout.

Tailored clothing eh? That’s a good call.

Reactions: MuscleDummy
Man.. 100% agree about the gym style thing. Gym sheep clothing drives me nuts. As you pointed out, a certain kind of person wears that. The same kind thinks putting up a gym selfie on social media is the purpose for the workout.

Tailored clothing eh? That’s a good call.
Yeah man social media has totally changed the focus of working out for a lot of people. I mean wear whatever you want, post whatever you want. Do the work. 
But you actually gotta DO THE WORK. It’s not just gonna happen for nothing cause of likes and followers. 

Reactions: MrGains