Heat by Magnum

Jthewolfk

Jan 8, 2019
Ingredients:

• Caffeine Anhydrous (150 mg): Caffeine is a well-researched thermogenic compound that can increase energy expenditure and fat oxidation. Research suggests an effective dose for fat burning is around 3-6 mg/kg body weight. For a 70 kg individual, this would be 210-420 mg. The dose here is on the lower end.
  • Advantra Z (30 mg): This is a patented form of bitter orange extract, standardized to synephrine. Studies suggest that 10-20 mg of synephrine may increase metabolic rate. The 30 mg dose is within an effective range.
  • Green Tea Extract (250 mg): Standardized for EGCG, green tea extract is another thermogenic compound. Effective doses range from 400-500 mg of EGCG, so 250 mg of a generic extract may be underdosed unless it is highly concentrated.
  • Raspberry Ketones (200 mg): There is limited evidence supporting raspberry ketones' effectiveness in fat loss in humans. Most studies are on animals, and even there, the doses are much higher than those typically found in supplements.
  • Capsicum Annuum (100 mg): Capsaicin from chili peppers can increase thermogenesis. Research shows that 2 mg of capsaicin can be effective, but it is unclear how much is standardized in this extract.
  • L-Tyrosine (200 mg): Tyrosine is an amino acid that can support mental focus, especially under stress. Effective doses are generally higher, around 500-2000 mg.
  • White Willow Bark Extract (100 mg): Used as a natural form of aspirin, it may potentiate the effects of other thermogenic compounds. Research suggests a dose of around 240 mg is more effective.
  • Ginger Root Extract (100 mg): Ginger can support digestion and may have some thermogenic properties. Effective doses are generally around 1-2 grams, so this is underdosed.
  • Black Pepper Extract (5 mg): Piperine enhances the bioavailability of other ingredients. Doses of 5-10 mg are effective.
Effectiveness Rating: 5/10

• Summary: Magnum Heat contains several effective ingredients for fat burning, but many are underdosed. The combination may provide some thermogenic benefits, but the overall effectiveness is likely moderate.

Where did this information get sourced? I'm curious about the 5/10 - has anyone used it?

Where did this information get sourced? I'm curious about the 5/10 - has anyone used it?
I sourced the dosage information in regards to what is considered effective, or theoretically effective through a number of pub med articles, in future I will link the articles when time allows. I rated the product based on the ingredients and dosages and effectiveness, and based on a number of reviews from various websites - for that, I had an AI program search and compile the reviews and then summarize the overall rating out of 100 - it rated at 54% for positive.

Reactions: Physlifter
I tried it, I never really found any benefit to it - just my personal experience. Overall, I found a lot of magnum products to be pretty over hyped. but then again, I am a stim junky

I sourced the dosage information in regards to what is considered effective, or theoretically effective through a number of pub med articles, in future I will link the articles when time allows. I rated the product based on the ingredients and dosages and effectiveness, and based on a number of reviews from various websites - for that, I had an AI program search and compile the reviews and then summarize the overall rating out of 100 - it rated at 54% for positive.
well then that's a pretty good way to sum it up :)

Reactions: Jthewolfk
well then that's a pretty good way to sum it up :)
Thank you, I am working on my reviewing and review quality, so any critique, or notes are always appreciated; I always welcome anything to help me improve my skills.