Just got corticosteroid injections into my hips

onterrible

Trusted Member
Aug 18, 2018
highly recommend.  I have UC and AnkSpon so my SI joints were starting to erode and calcify.  I feel like im 10 years younger now.  prednisone acetate 1ml in each hip joint.  17 gauge needle ?.

Anyone else get these done.   its a miracle for a few months... sometimes lasts forever

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it lasts forever onterrible. Had the injections in both elbows. It did help greatly, but didn't last. Had a total of 3 in each. Depending on the body part, there is a maximum amount of injections they will give you. I was at a point were I couldn't even lift a glass of water. Only thing that healed me was doing nothing for a full, boring year. I can only imagine the pain you feel. Sending my thoughts your way that everything works out. Take care. ?

I’m feeling like I’ll have to eventually do this in my hands and knees. They are both fairly arthritic and I’m only 32! I gotta wonder if this is going to be the way it goes soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
My grandma had bad arthritis, she would get gold injections.

I wonder if that is still a thing?

I’m feeling like I’ll have to eventually do this in my hands and knees. They are both fairly arthritic and I’m only 32! I gotta wonder if this is going to be the way it goes soon.
Any Hx or family hx ot arthritis? 

Other than fitness any high impact sports??