Mental Health

LONEJONES

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2018
Just wondering, so much emphasis these days on physical well being but who do u/ how do you articulate your struggles, hardships or hang ups? 

do you go to therapy? 
do you have a person to confide in? 
do you deal with it on your own? 

underrated topic nobody seems to talk about it,  which is crazy, on a board about regulating hormones especially considering the emerging science between mental and physical well being and their correlations to feeling well. 

Reactions: Physlifter
Just wondering, so much emphasis these days on physical well being but who do u/ how do you articulate your struggles, hardships or hang ups? 

do you go to therapy? 
do you have a person to confide in? 
do you deal with it on your own? 

underrated topic nobody seems to talk about it,  which is crazy, on a board about regulating hormones especially considering the emerging science between mental and physical well being and their correlations to feeling well. 

This is actually a good topic to bring up.

My wife is a mental health RN who is on a psychiatric intensive care unit.  She's reported many of the patients in are men who are suidical (and many become succesful at it) because of the deepening hole they bury themselves in.  The old ways of manliness and societal expectations of strength keep them holed up without encouraging them to actually speak to a therapist to get whatever demons are out.  A simple conversation and thought redirection could save a life.

If you take medicine for systemic sickness, physical therapy for body, then why not therapy for mental health?  Nobody should have to deal with it on their own unless they have the tools and ability to internalize and process these thoughts (often coming from therapy intervention).  And many spouses, significant others, family just aren't equipped to deal with these issues people face, and then gaslight them - maybe not intentionally, but it happens and it further isolates.

So if you struggle with mental health issues, speak to someone!!!

Great post @LONEJONES

This is actually a good topic to bring up.

My wife is a mental health RN who is on a psychiatric intensive care unit.  She's reported many of the patients in are men who are suidical (and many become succesful at it) because of the deepening hole they bury themselves in.  The old ways of manliness and societal expectations of strength keep them holed up without encouraging them to actually speak to a therapist to get whatever demons are out.  A simple conversation and thought redirection could save a life.

If you take medicine for systemic sickness, physical therapy for body, then why not therapy for mental health?  Nobody should have to deal with it on their own unless they have the tools and ability to internalize and process these thoughts (often coming from therapy intervention).  And many spouses, significant others, family just aren't equipped to deal with these issues people face, and then gaslight them - maybe not intentionally, but it happens and it further isolates.

So if you struggle with mental health issues, speak to someone!!!

Great post @LONEJONES
Sorry if I came off hostile the other night physi, I get bent out of shape sometimes and it means a lot that the level head prevails. That’s what this board stands for. I’ve never been a r eddit person, frequented the forums to conduct research. 
it’s not about speaking up or speaking out to someone, having friends that are both health care and correctional health care professionals,  There’s no way to speculate. We’ve worked hard on establishing a space for the brothers to have a chat and feel free to express how they’re feeling without judgment. 
In the olden days fathers and grandfathers had lodges, halls, and a sense of meaning- beyond being a father, spouse, or burden. 
and with the emerging science behind the way hormones play a vital role in well being, on a forum full of “vigilante,” health gurus, how does the factor of unmitigated management of hormone function affect mental health? 
yes speak to someone of course that’s the first step. Get prescribed some pharmaceuticals that make sure you are comfortable and feel safe. 
there’s kids that could absolutely dust me in a game of ping pong, could paint pictures around the sun before they could talk to someone. 
And lately I’ve found peace in playing ping pong, painting and growing flowers, and watching Poatan this evening realign his opponent with gravity, really has me inspired. 

Speaking of mental health, had a great friend stop by in need of a cold glass of water and a place to fall apart, the home is ours brother cuz u would do the same for me, and I know that. Always left me more than what ya came with so the beds make themselves.

think we might start our own stained glass studio. I’ll let ya know how it goes. 

I used to laugh at therapy, psychologists, etc.. but when I went and talked to one, helped me unravel issues with my ex and how she was manipulating and draining me. Opened my eyes.

One line hit me, "what is it you get out of this relationship" I had nothing to say. It opened my eyes.

If you also have past traumas, worth talking it out with a professional, especially if relationship related or upbringing or childhood, etc...

, Be a king brother, you are not a product of your environment, your environment is a product of you. 

my old man looked me dead in the eye asked when I was going to kill myself, a devoted alcoholic anonymous cult member 10 years sober, I  said not right now and booked a flight for the next morning to head back west.

“ and  I got an elevator in my crib to keep fucking with these hoes head, that’s why I keep alligator pillow cases on the bed.”Big Tymers- how u luv that

still struggling to make a life for myself tho in this day and age but I know when I catch the smell of cinnamon I am being guided. And that’s the calamity of it all I’ve been trading cheese nibs with a gang of crows and even if I haven’t slept they are still waiting for me in the morning, #STILLIRISE