Quad tendon tear

Jesin

VET
Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2018
Has anyone went through this? I’m in week 15 post op. Worst injury I’ve ever had by far.

never a quad tear, but a bicep tendon off the bone, absolutely a nightmare getting into surgery, good old canadian system and the recovery was more mind numbing than anything, just a lot of adaption and time; I can't imagine a quad tear though, damn, that would change a lot of even simple day to day aspects.

Reactions: Jesin
how are you holding up?
It’s tough. Just started back at the gym 3wks ago. Still not walking fully. I have a brace on that keeps my leg straight and still not enough muscle rebuilt in my quad to walk without it. Physio is tough but getting through it.

I've been lucky, haven't had any serious tears, I don't envy your recovery. How did you manage to tear it?
I “strained” it at the gym and took 2wks fully off legs but it wasn’t gettin better. It hurt taking the stairs and at work it hurt going up and down ladders to the point my third week off legs I was bending some rigid conduit and it snapped.
never a quad tear, but a bicep tendon off the bone, absolutely a nightmare getting into surgery, good old canadian system and the recovery was more mind numbing than anything, just a lot of adaption and time; I can't imagine a quad tear though, damn, that would change a lot of even simple day to day aspects.
It does for sure man. I was lucky and got surgery roughly 36hrs after I snapped it, so that worked out. The physio aspect of this is fuckin brutal tho and it’s looking like it’s going to be a long road ahead.

For the love of god do not rush this. I've rehabbed a ton of these. Slow slow slow is best. You can definitely use TB500 and BPC 157 to help with recovery directly injecting into the tendon repair area, 500-1000 mcg per day. But it takes a ton of time to scar it done, add minor stresses, improved range of motion, and then functional loading to ensure the repair holds up to day to day activity - nevermind even being in the gym. This kind of injury takes a solid year to recover from. Not that you'll magically be in pain and then wake up and it's all better, but a slow progressive improvement in day to day.
Just understand you'll come to a point where you'll start to really feel better, and just because you feel better, doesn't mean you ARE better.

Do your physio, do it right, and you'll be fine.

I “strained” it at the gym and took 2wks fully off legs but it wasn’t gettin better. It hurt taking the stairs and at work it hurt going up and down ladders to the point my third week off legs I was bending some rigid conduit and it snapped.

It does for sure man. I was lucky and got surgery roughly 36hrs after I snapped it, so that worked out. The physio aspect of this is fuckin brutal tho and it’s looking like it’s going to be a long road ahead.
Damn, buddy. Sounds like a horrible time. Listen to Physlifter, he knows his stuff!

It’s tough. Just started back at the gym 3wks ago. Still not walking fully. I have a brace on that keeps my leg straight and still not enough muscle rebuilt in my quad to walk without it. Physio is tough but getting through it.
one day at a time, brother

For the love of god do not rush this. I've rehabbed a ton of these. Slow slow slow is best. You can definitely use TB500 and BPC 157 to help with recovery directly injecting into the tendon repair area, 500-1000 mcg per day. But it takes a ton of time to scar it done, add minor stresses, improved range of motion, and then functional loading to ensure the repair holds up to day to day activity - nevermind even being in the gym. This kind of injury takes a solid year to recover from. Not that you'll magically be in pain and then wake up and it's all better, but a slow progressive improvement in day to day.
Just understand you'll come to a point where you'll start to really feel better, and just because you feel better, doesn't mean you ARE better.

Do your physio, do it right, and you'll be fine.
Appreciate it man. And yea I find it bein already a slow go. It feels like I’m behind and should be wayyyyy ahead of where I’m at. I’m doing physio now and this round of physio is workin on quad rebuilding and it’s fuckin tough. Full of scar tissue and just feels stiff and sore. I was using the boc157/tb500 but stopped but I’ll grab more and keep going. Thanks for the information! It’s by far the worst injury I’ve had.

Appreciate it man. And yea I find it bein already a slow go. It feels like I’m behind and should be wayyyyy ahead of where I’m at. I’m doing physio now and this round of physio is workin on quad rebuilding and it’s fuckin tough. Full of scar tissue and just feels stiff and sore. I was using the boc157/tb500 but stopped but I’ll grab more and keep going. Thanks for the information! It’s by far the worst injury I’ve had.
I recommend getting a theragun - currently in Amazon there is a Renpho one on sale with the hot/cold attachment for basically $100 bucks with all coupons applied. I just got one and it's maaaaaaaagic.

I recommend getting a theragun - currently in Amazon there is a Renpho one on sale with the hot/cold attachment for basically $100 bucks with all coupons applied. I just got one and it's maaaaaaaagic.
I have one, but not the hot/cold one. I never even thought bout using that, thanks man