Sleep

Oct 5, 2018
Just wondering how much sleep you all get. I used to work in shifts and it messed up with my sleep. I need a pill and only get 7 hours (sometimes less).

I’m a light sleeper so I don’t get the long solid sleeps I wish I could have. Up at least twice a night. Sometimes more. But I try get 8 hours down. How much actual sleep I get varies. 

When I have to work I usually only get 4-5 hours.  I get maybe 6-7 hours on days off but try to catch up by taking a nap whenever I can.

8-10 hours, quality sleep, religiously. I'm one of those people that can do well on little sleep, but to do THIS well, i need those hours. Makes all the difference. People underestimate the value of sleep.

Reactions: CanadianMuscleDad
Not nearly enough. Its the one thing that really holds me back, but Ive made my peace with it. In bed by 9PM, which is the earliest possible. Up at 5 to work out.

Thats 8 hours in bed... takes 30 min to an hour to fall asleep. And im up every hour or two, piss, drink water, etc, back to sleep. If i average 5 hours of actual sleep thats doable.

I try to sneak in a 20 min nap in my car at lunch time if I can. That really helps.

Wife is taking the kids out of town for a few days in Nov. Friends have already said they want to take me out for drinks. No thanks, Ill be in bed at 7pm. Cant wait!

Just wondering how much sleep you all get. I used to work in shifts and it messed up with my sleep. I need a pill and only get 7 hours (sometimes less).
I sleep on avg 8 to 10 hours a night as I use a full spectrum cannabis oil for oral intake.  Im out cold for that long its an amazing sleep and no pills.  

i get roughly 6 hours, i use some 5htp and zma at times but lately on gh i been sleeping a bit more and ive dropped the 5 htp

I used to work shift work, it was pretty brutal. I actually think it altered my personality substantially during. 

Now I usually sleep 7.5 hours with 1 interruption. I feel good with that. No more no less. The earlier I go to bed and get up the better I feel.

Reactions: millenium girl
I used to work shift work, it was pretty brutal. I actually think it altered my personality substantially during. 

Now I usually sleep 7.5 hours with 1 interruption. I feel good with that. No more no less. The earlier I go to bed and get up the better I feel.
Same here. Never later than 10pm and sometimes I get up at five.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow most of the time. I do shift work. Afternoon shift ends at 11:30 pm. Usually sleeping by 1 am but my wife is up around 6 to get ready for work. Seven straight days of that and I'm beaten down.

I have been on shift work for 18 yrs. On average coming of nights 4 hrs. My days off I usually get 6-7 hrs.  Some nights a zip to ensure I stay down at get some rest. 

Just got a new mattress, so I've been getting 8-10 a night to celebrate ?

Construction work and kids I’m lucky for 4-5 hrs a night.  I try and catch up Saturday and Sunday night 6-7 hours.  If anyone knows the key to 30 hour days would be great if you could share!