Vegan anyone?

Oct 5, 2018
I have been a vegetarian since my early 30's and I'm now switching to being vegan. The Weider protein powder is really good.

just wondering if anyone else here is vegan ....

I was vegetarian for roughly 10 years. Vegan for a good portion of that. If nothing else it opens up a person trying new foods. I had never had hummus or even an avocado prior. If I didn't have access to my meat supplier I would still be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: millenium girl
I was vegetarian for roughly 10 years. Vegan for a good portion of that. If nothing else it opens up a person trying new foods. I had never had hummus or even an avocado prior. If I didn't have access to my meat supplier I would still be.
Nice. And what other foods did you try? Tofu? Seitan? Edamame beans?  I know soya isn't recommended for guys but I don't think that it would hurt if eaten in moderation.

Another question: what made you change your mind and stop being a vegetarian/vegan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tofu and seitan are obvious ones. Try all kinds of things with legumes. Never had falafel prior. Never had East Indian food. I'm not sure why I started eating meat again. When I have East Indian I still order the veg dishes. 

Reactions: millenium girl
cant imagine being vegan or vegitrain for that matter, but would like to give it an honest for once and make up my mind then

A British friend gave me a book "15 minute vegan comfort food"  with lots of tasty recipes. Can't wait to try them. I'm a bit tired of the Hempfu and Tofu to be honest.