Are Baked Potatoes a Good Carb Source for Bulking and Bodybuilding?

Oct 1, 2026
4
2
3
Hello everyone.

I’m curious how many of you include baked potatoes in your bodybuilding diet, especially during a bulk. They seem like an affordable and convenient source of carbohydrates, but I’m wondering how they compare with rice, oats, and other carb sources for supporting training performance and muscle growth.

Do you usually eat them before workouts, after training, or as part of your regular meals? I’m also interested in how you prepare them without adding too many calories.

Do you prefer plain baked potatoes or toppings like Greek yogurt and cottage cheese? Share your go-to recipes and nutrition tips!
 
Hello everyone.

I’m curious how many of you include baked potatoes in your bodybuilding diet, especially during a bulk. They seem like an affordable and convenient source of carbohydrates, but I’m wondering how they compare with rice, oats, and other carb sources for supporting training performance and muscle growth.

Do you usually eat them before workouts, after training, or as part of your regular meals? I’m also interested in how you prepare them without adding too many calories.

Do you prefer plain baked potatoes or toppings like Greek yogurt and cottage cheese, and does wendy's still have baked potatoes as a convenient option when you're eating on the go? Share your go-to recipes and nutrition tips!
thanks in advance for any help