No Gym Training, No Equipment

a_ahmed

VET
Trusted Member
Administrator
Oct 26, 2018
Okay so let's discuss. For the 90% of us that are screwed without gyms or home gyms, for the next two weeks (and hopefully not longer) what to do?

Post away your body exercises. It's obvious pushups are easy for tricep and chest, what about back, shoulders, legs?

I am injured so I can't even do pushups which is a big fail.

No pull up bar or anything 😞

It's back that I struggle with the most. Without a bar or some way to do pull ups or rows, what can I do?

I follow this guy on insta he’s got a bunch of posts for the whole body:

@pheasyque 

AthleanX just posted a pretty solid video on an at home program. 

If no gym, body weight workouts. Slow it right down to increase time under tension. 

Maybe time to invest in a spin bike or concept 2 rower. Hammer out some cardio for a while. 

https://bodylastics.com/shop/

Anyone ever try these?

Not sure if this ships to Canada, anything local? Amazon seems to have this stuff sold out.

If they are stackable and sturdy then you can add weight and get the weight up and do some basic push pull movements and even crunches. Not ideal but could probably get some ab, bi, tri, chest, back and shoulder movements here n there

Amazon dont got these anyone?

Amazon is having a rough time.

Random note, did you happen to catch the video of CBUM squatting his sofa? 

• Haha
Reactions: a_ahmed
ahaha

im laughing but its sad, i dont have that kinda shit to do at home... cant find bands anywhere wtf... i ordered some pushup board with spots u can move around with attachments (shoulder, chest, tri, etc...) which aint gonna be that that helpful considering i have an injury...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjC1VBuqs8s

This is sick, but those bands from that brand is damn expensive 40 US plus shipping for one band.. wtf... and not sure how it feels until i try it.. i was thinking the two upper ones my wife will wana use it too so...

These are 5 feet or something, help a brother out... my wife has those hip tiny ones cant do these exercises with these.. ill snap them... if i try to stretch them that far... they are like not even one foot in length lol

Okay so far, ordered a strength band (heaviest one) that i found on amazon and now its sold out holy.. i may need some lower ones too but not sure yet...

Ordered some pushup plate thing not sure if i mentioned it...

Got some of my wife's hip bands (those short resistance bands).... and the extra heavy aint that heavy but eh i did some weird pussy squats and side hip movement thingamajigs.

Did some pushups every hour (still with injury it was hard) and hopefully thats a start...

Looking at some olympic tree setups for pullups... not sure the drill into the wall ones will last with my bodyweight and the drywall... or the door mount ones

Now is a really good time to work on mobility, motility and rehab any items that have been nagging. My rotator cuffs are so jacked now.

Time to smash some resistance band kegels...

Definitely a good time to tackle those lagging parts, rehab those in need, and improving mobility. 

We can also focus on time under tension via alternative tempo and challenging ourselves with varying bodyweight and creative exercises.  Right now IG is full of people capitalizing on this and posting them. AthleanX had a create short video on it  

well i got one strenght band on the way lol, i bought the last one in stock.

the pushup system hasnt shipped yet despite being "next day prime" so fuck i hope theyre not out of stock

THat's all i got so far, didnt get any bands for biceps/etc... yet... couldnt find high strength ones only girly ones...

I have mostly cardio equipment (treadmill, recumbent bike) but also a bench, dumbbells (being injured I can't do anything but legs at the moment).

@a_ahmedThere are many bodyweight exercises that you can do. It's better than nothing.

I have an old standard ez bar and adjustable DBs with weight up to 270ish so I'm able to do quite a bit. No rack so it's not like I can load it all on for squats. But I also have a few bands, kettlebells and some heavy chains from my powerlifting days so I've been making up a lot of exercises.

I'd recommend people buy some bands if you can find them online. You can do almost anything with them.