What do u drink/eat intra workout?

Sometimes I take a preworkout and basically do my weights on empty stomach, and then 30-60 mins cardio after weights. Once in a while I'll eat 1/2 cup of oatmeal with a spoon full of peanut butter, cinnamon and blueberries, with a protein shake. Then workout about an hour later. I like to keep my body guessing so sometimes I eat before and sometimes I don't. Works for me.

Whey protein and sometimes dextrose intra workout depending on volume. Cheaper then buying EAA’s and BCAA’s, and you get both of them in your whey

I like to take slin intra with bcaas protein creatine and a carb complex.  Have experimented both pre and post.  Found most beneficial is intra after I hit my heavy sets then focus on burning out.  And by the time you finish training you are basically ready for next meal. If its a light lift day il take it pre just because of convenience 

Is there really much of a difference in all of these designer sugars for intra workout? Ten years ago everyone was saying use Dextrose. Now there are all of these fancy sugars like Vitagro and the only real difference I can see is that there is no money for the sup companies selling dextrose because you can get a giant bag at the bulk barn for a couple of bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre -- nothing but water

While working out -- water

Post workout -- a double scooped protein shake (I like them thick)
Same here, except sometines after workout I have a really big craving for a banana-milk-peanut butter-whey protein shake. It's just so tasty and I feel full in the next few hours - this is great for busy days.

Reactions: millenium girl
I only drink water intra workout. I think thats best. It is not good to consume anything while workout. Its bad for your gastrointestinal system. Eat and drink afterwards... 

Reactions: Livin'Large
I only drink water intra workout. I think thats best. It is not good to consume anything while workout. Its bad for your gastrointestinal system. Eat and drink afterwards... 
Not exactly sure who told you that.  Every college/pro sthletic program ive ever heard of has their guys consume a form of carb+electrolyte drink at minimum while training/practising/playing the game.

Different programs have differing views of course. Vitargo is very popular in the NHL for instance.  For whatever reason.

NFL I have no experience with but CFL teams also use vitargo a great deal as Well as karbolyn and some are using HBCD now.

MLB and minor leagues are all different based on the team itself and who they have endorsements with.  

Not exactly sure who told you that.  Every college/pro sthletic program ive ever heard of has their guys consume a form of carb+electrolyte drink at minimum while training/practising/playing the game.

Different programs have differing views of course. Vitargo is very popular in the NHL for instance.  For whatever reason.

NFL I have no experience with but CFL teams also use vitargo a great deal as Well as karbolyn and some are using HBCD now.

MLB and minor leagues are all different based on the team itself and who they have endorsements with.  
Yeah but thats minimal consunption. It does not make difference. And my doctor told that 😄

I have a meal about an hour before gym more like 40 min pre. Then I have caffeine/eph. Then intra I have BCAAs, Carnitine, creatine mono, l-tyrosine, taurine a few other powders in one bottle with water i sip on. If I get low energy or low sugar in some weird case, I monch on banana or dates (quick sugar). Post work out, smash meat and rice.

No longer use whey for years now

I have a meal about an hour before gym more like 40 min pre. Then I have caffeine/eph. Then intra I have BCAAs, Carnitine, creatine mono, l-tyrosine, taurine a few other powders in one bottle with water i sip on. If I get low energy or low sugar in some weird case, I monch on banana or dates (quick sugar). Post work out, smash meat and rice.

No longer use whey for years now
Just take your meal after workout... ecerythim else is good.

Intra workout shake 50g Dextrose 45 grams of protein from whey and a pack of Welch’s fruit gummies(gotta slip in the good shit where you can use it)

Bcaa intra workout , post workout scoop of protein with natural peanut butter and 1/4 cup of blueberries. Pre is whatever Walmart has on sale