Gyms reopening

This is from Fit4Less in Ontario...

Group 1: Monday, June 29

Northern Ontario & Eastern Ontario (including Ottawa)

Group 2: Monday, July 6

Southwestern Ontario (excluding Windsor, Chatham and Sarnia) 

Group 3: Monday, July 13

Golden Horseshoe (including GTA) & Southern Ontario
GoodLife sent me an email with exact same schedule with the disclaimer that it was pending alignment with the provincial government

Still no feedback from LA Fitness

Any updates guys? Ain't looking good 😞

Goodlife gyms are open up in east coast, reduced hours. have to download app, book time, limit to. 1 hr workout, line up outside , go in.  Mornings, noon, and after supper busy. Overall not too bad set-up. When I go, the gym it is pretty much empty. Walk in’s are permitted if people fail to show up within 15 mins or the gym is not over book.  Sore as hell from working legs and chest. 

Reactions: a_ahmed
Goodlife, Fit4less, and a number of independent gyms are opening in the GTA on July 13th. Appointment basis only etc...
They are still waiting on approval. Hard to say if they will allow it then. Govt is slowly going to open things like it did with phase 2, but they haven't announced exactly when yet.  I'm pragmatic and won't get my hopes up until its announced by Ford that phase 3 is in effect 

Reactions: Vortex and a_ahmed
They are still waiting on approval. Hard to say if they will allow it then. Govt is slowly going to open things like it did with phase 2, but they haven't announced exactly when yet.  I'm pragmatic and won't get my hopes up until its announced by Ford that phase 3 is in effect 
We will see the latest update today. Doubt they will mention gyms today. I went by my local fit4less and they were inside "preparing" lol. I'm lucky enough to have some equipment at home but can imagine what some people are going through....

GoodLife issued a statement that they can't move forward with the dates they communicated earlier as they haven't gotten the go ahead from the government in Ontario. I'm sure every other gym advertising reopening was piggy backing off GoodLife intel. Hopefully we get more info soon.

GoodLife issued a statement that they can't move forward with the dates they communicated earlier as they haven't gotten the go ahead from the government in Ontario. I'm sure every other gym advertising reopening was piggy backing off GoodLife intel. Hopefully we get more info soon.
Ya that's what I thought.. Well I just checked the stats and yesterday we had over 600 new infections while for a while we dropped and maintained 300~ new daily infections...but ppl going to malls and beaches and partying is gonna end up the same  effect as the US they're screwed. Dumb ass trump is not giving a damn but boom just like that Texas, Florida and Cali are back to going lock down mode.

well im glad at least i got two dumbbells lol either way lactic acid is destroying my right now from just a few workouts so if it opens at least i wont be crying post-workout day with lactic acid as badly haha. Whatever happens... I rather wait it out than be sick for 2 months straight with COVID (knew of two ppl 8+ weeks sick)

Reactions: Jthewolfk
The latest from Fit4Less and Goodlife...

Your Home Club is Tentatively Opening on:

Monday, July 13 @ 7:00am*

*If you attend a Fit4Less location in a Real Canadian Superstore, Loblaws

or Independent, please check our website for location hours.

PLEASE NOTE: This date is pending approval from the Ontario Government. The provincial government has yet to communicate a date for when we are able to reopen but we want to be sure our clubs are all set and we're ready to welcome you back when the time comes. It goes without saying, we will follow all provincial government guidelines and delay if needed.

Goodlife has moved to phase two.

Online Booking will no longer be required for the General Workout Area!

• We will continue to maintain a safe Club Capacity and physical distancing best practices, but Members can now walk-in at any time (if there is capacity in the Club)!
  • If the General Workout Area in your Club is at capacity when you arrive, you will be required to line-up and wait in the designated waiting area until a spot becomes available.
  • In order to maintain a safe class capacity and make time for clean-up and set-up, bookings will still be required for live and virtual Group Fitness classes, as well as in the For Women Group Fitness Studio and Virtual Cycling Studio.
  • If you have an Online Booking in any of the fitness studios and would like to transition to the General Workout Area, you must first check with an Associate at the front desk to ensure that there is adequate space.
  • We encourage Members to use lower check-in times, if possible. Time-slots with lower traffic typically include weekdays in mid-afternoon or late evening, and weekend afternoons.
  • Note: As of July 2, you will no longer be able to book workout time-slots in the General Workout Area seven days in advance. Bookings in this area will no longer be active as of July 9.

I'm confused but I'm not even a goodlife member :S

I could car less for group fitness LOL, just give me them weights, barbells and some machines haha

A few people I know who work at the clubs (Ontario) say

Goodlife - training staff for whenever they get the greenlight

Crunch - no idea, most are in the dark

Movati - Preparing to open when approved but unsure if they will be able to open as they have been told gathering may still be limited to under 50 people and will remain closed in that case. 

Everyone else I know from various clubs are just waiting on the provincial green light. 

Latest from Goodlife/Fit4Less in Ontario...

Important Member Update

Opening Delayed for Golden Horseshoe (including GTA) & Southern Ontario

A new date will be released soon!

​

We were so excited to welcome you back on Monday, July 13. Unfortunately the Ontario Government has not announced Phase 3 of reopening which includes fitness facilities (we were so hopeful they would). Because of this, we need to delay the reopening of our Golden Horseshoe (including GTA) & Southern Ontario​

clubs. ​

​

We will not slow down the preparation for your arrival. Our clubs will be sparkling clean and our staff will be ready to welcome you back as soon as we are given the green light!​