Keto while on cycle log

Solid solid log man. Post up some photos of the new bike when you get it, just to make the rest of us jealous. 

Curious as to what kind of numbers you pull on 150mg test a week as its a pretty reasonable TRT dose. 

Reactions: Mikk0090
Solid solid log man. Post up some photos of the new bike when you get it, just to make the rest of us jealous. 

Curious as to what kind of numbers you pull on 150mg test a week as its a pretty reasonable TRT dose. 
Will do man.  My wife is a Harley girl, but I hate harleys lol.  Down here in the states a lot of riders that ride harleys are dick head snobs lol.  Besides I like to ride my bikes hard and not have to worry about them leaving oil and vibrating apart after a year of ownership lol.  My wife has a 1200 Harley sportster, with ape hangers, stage 3 engine and suicide shift.  She breaks the damn thing down every winter and builds it back up by herself, it’s so sexy lol.   I on the other hand like scrambler and cafe racer style.  I’ve tested out the Indian FTR 1200 S before and fell in love, it’s right up my alley with the right customization.

usually when I go back down to TRT dose test, I’ll definitely eat a little less to not get fat, but in the past I’ve been able to hold 230 with 150mgs test. I’m not so sure about that while staying on a keto diet, but we will find out.  I’ll only be at that dose for 4ish weeks before me and my buddy hop on our next cycle.  We are going to pose in a show early spring, and I still need a bit of size on me.  I’m wanting stage weight around 230 for amateur open division. I’m 5’11, hoping to get a lot of back thickness, and work on biceps and chest in the coming months.  My legs are pretty big, disproportionately big, so I’ll be focusing on definition on legs.   I havnt competed in a few years, so it’s more of a goal for me, I don’t expect to place high, but I also don’t want to be boo’d off stage lol.

This was after back last night.  238 after a whole day of eating.  Definitely need to work on biceps,  my arms don’t grow for shit.  Chest is looking flat too, but carb depleted lol

126F2656-8C9E-49FB-B84D-3E526482CDF4.jpeg

Killed shoulders today.  Really went at it, felt good.

weight is still 238, but lifts are still increasing and I feel like I’m still gaining.  Finished today at 4200 calories, 300+ protein, and about 60 carbs.  I’m still targeting about 10-15 carbs pre and post workout and havnt kicked out of ketosis yet.  Targeting carbs are making a big difference in performance.  Been eating either half a banana, or adding 1/4 cup of baby oatmeal cereal to a shake about 30mins prior to workout and immediately after.   For anyone who has never used baby cereal, they come in all sorts of varieties and flavors.  Clean grains that are just basically milled into dust so babies can eat it lol.  They mix super well in shakes, and before I went keto I would even mix it into my favorite skyr flavor (Icelandic style yogurt). After a while I just got sick of chewing the raw oats out of my shakes lol.  It’s super cheap, and it sounds stupid, but it’s super quick and easy source of carbs, and it’s super clean.  You can find them fortified with vitamins and minerals and DHA too.  The brand I have, the cap doubles as a measuring scoop.  1/4 cup of baby oatmeal cereal is 10 carbs.

on to the workout

as always I started out with lateral raises dumbell style

25x12

30x12

35x12

40x12

45x10

50x10

55x10

60x8 with a little bit of cheating on the last few reps, drop set of 30x16

cable high rows with wider grip

60x12

100x12

130x12

150x8 with a drop set of 100x16

standing bent over rear delt flys

30x15

35x15

40x15

45x15 with 8 half reps to really push the blood

plate loaded seated shoulder press Atlantis machine

1 plate each side x12

2 plates x12

3 plates x10

3 plates and a quarter for 7

seated front raises with 45 lb plate, went to failure x 3 sets

seated strict (arms straight) laterals, with rear delt fly super sets with same weights

20x8

25x8

30x8

35x8

i was done after that.  Best feeling in the world to walk out of the gym with nothing left knowing that you killed it!

Woke up feeling lean and huge today.  Definitely making gains still while leaning at the same time.   I’m loving these results.   I went in for a good arm pump today, nothing special.  Had a lot of things to get done today for the kiddos.   Took a pic though, was feeling big!

C5C05BA9-8009-4766-A9D8-680907B6DB8F.jpeg

Looking great man. Would be sick to train together! I am proud of your shoulders, very few guys get that right.

• Thanks
Looking great man. Would be sick to train together! I am proud of your shoulders, very few guys get that right.
Thanks brother.  Always up for a new gym buddy!

sorry I havnt updated.  If y’all haven’t heard, the USA is erupting in violence right now.  I’m from the suburbs of St Louis (smack dab in the middle of the country). And shit has been hitting the fan.  I’ve been called in to a neighboring fire department from my home base, and have been working riots and mass casualty stuff since mid day friday.   Being shot at while trying to clean up after people burning their own neighborhoods down is always fun.   I won’t get into it much, but the world is crazy right now, police officers, firefighters, paramedics etc are under attack right now, basically anyone in a uniform with a badge.  

I’ll get back to the log when I get a chance

Damn Trump's made the US a third world country bro lol. I feel sorry for you guys, stay safe.

He wants a race war... shit is insane... you would think the leader of a country would try to tame fires and resolve issues but he wants to fire this shit right up.

Your COVID situation ain't getting much better either... I am talking to some of my old buddies in the states and they've been struggling with it all at least they didn't get it...

I hated being locked up in the house during COVID... I would go nuts if there was no gym and winter hits and it all comes back... not looking forward to winter...

Sadly it’s not only trump.  It’s all sides of the political spectrum, and the youth in this country getting their news off Facebook and Instagram instead of finding facts and acting in a civilized manner.     The news will paint this shit as “peaceful protests” while buildings and burning down and commercial grade fireworks are thrown into a crowd of people in the background.

streets are being blocked by rioters, people being left for dead in the streets, store owners being shot.  I as a fire medic have to wear a flat jacket and riot helmet in order to do my job.  Fire trucks and ambulances being shot at and set on fire.  It’s effing crazy.   I’ve had a full 24 hours off since Friday, my wife and kids are worried sick.  Everyone in the first responders spectrum is burnt out and have no morale while local governments don’t support us.  And the sad part about it is we are all bound by law to work, if not we lose all of our credentials and fear being charged.

luckily I live out in the country about 50miles away from where I work and where all the craziness is.  But both my wife and I decided that the second this shit comes out towards us, we are packing up and moving.

It’s nice hopping on the boards here and stuff to escape things for a brief time, it’s the little things I guess.

thanks for the support, I should be getting my week off by Sunday (I work 24hr shifts) and I’ll get back into the grind.

ya fuck its a mess down there, i missed visiting the states for road trips and now its a no go due to COVID and the political mess 😕

I am sure you feel very stuck in between all the bs. I get it, while I am against Trump's bullshit and hardcore racist mother fuckers, there is nothing right about just pillaging and burning property... it's like the US is breaking down so bad that extremes are taking over on every spectrum of society. It's sad man, cause the whole continent has so much land and potential. 😕

I always wanted to find work in Houston personally, as I see a lot of jobs posted there along my field... but now... hell I am not sure how much you all will survive 😕 I hope things turn around sooner than later 😕 

Got some home time yesterday.  Been able to do some small workouts at the fire house.  We have a small “gym”. Nothing fancy, some free weights, a bow flex, and a treadmill.  Just enough to maintain.    Diet has still been good.  Been keeping calories up due to the busy work.  We have our own kitchen so I can cook keto, and have cooked some bad ass meals for the crew over the week.   I was able to hit the gym this morning.  Heading back to work later, and will have tomorrow evening and all next week off to get on track.   Didn’t really have a planned workout, just hit some heavy compound stuff hitting the whole body to keep strength up.   I did take a physique update pics.  I may be a tad leaner, but weighing in at 236 this week.   

test is at 300mg this week.  I’ll be posting some more in depth stuff next week.

10C1DBFC-FD46-4738-8B91-BF0F51B56571.jpeg

3640CB2A-69BE-4E13-B45F-C91802D1CBE9.jpeg

Looking great this is an amazing log to follow i love the variety of everyone's variety of styles and have to say this is one im paying attention too.   The results are incredible keep this one going 

Looking great this is an amazing log to follow i love the variety of everyone's variety of styles and have to say this is one im paying attention too.   The results are incredible keep this one going 
Thank you sir, that means a lot.   The keto lifestyle isn’t for everyone, but I can make it work pretty well.  I’m in the stages now that I have insane energy, mental clarity, and fullness starting to come back.   You lose a lot of fullness and seem flat when you adapt to a keto diet, but the longer you are on the diet, the fullness comes back.  Not to the extent of being over loaded with carbs, but the thickness and fullness will come back.    Most guys will only run keto for a few weeks at the end of a cut and pre contest.  Works wonders.

my workout style is pretty old school stuff.   It just works for me.  Heavy weights and the basic movements.  I’m not one of those guys that follow all the “new trends” with variations of everything.  I just like the basics.  Throw the weight around and grow lol.  Sometimes I think guys over complicate things. I hope you noticed some of that in my exercise routines, basically all the same movements.   I’m a pretty high intensity guy, and can blow through 4-6 exercises with 3-4 sets each with drop sets and clusters and stuff and be in and out within 45min to and hour and a quarter.

i really need to do a lot of past failures and negatives once I start my next cycle to really stimulate some growth.

thanks for following along!

Reactions: Talon
Yaaa buddayyyy, looking good bro

good post Bud. I have been in and out of dietary ketosis since the early 90's, Twinlab had a MCT oil that was oarnge and it was like drinking egg yolks. I have found that being a fat burner is a whole lot more effective in training than being a sugar burner. The more I stay in ketosis the more my body adapts. My pumps are better in ketosis than with carbs. I finally stopped the carbs when I discovered that I had become insulin resistant from all the force feeding over the years. Like you, my mind works incredible in ketosis. It is so much easier to lean bulk while in ketosis as well. I need less gear to be effective due to the extra fatty and EFA's in my system because they create the cholesterol needed for hormone optimization, less is always better if the same goals can be met with hard ass training and excellent nutrition. I am 50 and have used gear for 27 years and have no ill effects as thank the Lord. I attribute this to keeping an eye on my gear levels and nutrition. The insulin resistance was easily fixed with a gut reset for  4 months. I dropped from 250 at 6 foot, down to 200. I stripped myself down and rebuilt. It was a blow to my ego, but had to be done. Now I stay in ketosis and target carbs around my training. I can eat 100 grams of carbs and stay in ketosis, as long as I busted my ass in the gym. Everyone is different, and it took me a good while to find the sweet spot. I am a CNC lathe programmer and I am used to making micro adjustments to reach tolerances in the 100s of thousands of an inch. I apply the same mind set to my body, small patient changes to reach an excellent end goal. Keep it up Bud, your on the right track.

good post Bud. I have been in and out of dietary ketosis since the early 90's, Twinlab had a MCT oil that was oarnge and it was like drinking egg yolks. I have found that being a fat burner is a whole lot more effective in training than being a sugar burner. The more I stay in ketosis the more my body adapts. My pumps are better in ketosis than with carbs. I finally stopped the carbs when I discovered that I had become insulin resistant from all the force feeding over the years. Like you, my mind works incredible in ketosis. It is so much easier to lean bulk while in ketosis as well. I need less gear to be effective due to the extra fatty and EFA's in my system because they create the cholesterol needed for hormone optimization, less is always better if the same goals can be met with hard ass training and excellent nutrition. I am 50 and have used gear for 27 years and have no ill effects as thank the Lord. I attribute this to keeping an eye on my gear levels and nutrition. The insulin resistance was easily fixed with a gut reset for  4 months. I dropped from 250 at 6 foot, down to 200. I stripped myself down and rebuilt. It was a blow to my ego, but had to be done. Now I stay in ketosis and target carbs around my training. I can eat 100 grams of carbs and stay in ketosis, as long as I busted my ass in the gym. Everyone is different, and it took me a good while to find the sweet spot. I am a CNC lathe programmer and I am used to making micro adjustments to reach tolerances in the 100s of thousands of an inch. I apply the same mind set to my body, small patient changes to reach an excellent end goal. Keep it up Bud, your on the right track.
Awesome!   It is definitely the lifestyle change.   I apologize I havnt updated in a while.   Been all over the place busy with work, fam, homeschool, personal training and coaching, and now filling in for someone doing CPR and BLS training to certify people for their work places. 

I can usually get away with 75g complex carbs a day.  Nothing fast digesting though aside from what I target around workouts.  I’m currently at 235lbs lean and mean.   I jumped in to my test/deca/tren/ dbol cycle last week, and I feel the tren starting to kick in.  I will be creating a separate log for that very soon as things are starting to settle down.

my best friend works for LMI Aerospace as a CNC machinist and programmer.  He loves it.  He specializes in HAAS 5 axis mills and Custom Hurco mill programs for custom parts.  His company has a lot of contracts with Boeing, airbus, and some smaller jet airliner companies.     But the pandemic has hurt the commercial part of the aerospace industry, but he still runs strong with the government contracts.

I have to admit I am enjoying this log also. For the fact I know very little about doing Keto so it’s a learning experience for me , Thanks for letting an old dog learn some new tricks , Keep up the good work !! Please keep the log going it’s very educational for folks . Maybe in the future you could do a basic write up for the members on how to go Keto maybe a basic beginner guide . Be a great contribution to the board. CBDB.

Sorry for the complete falling off of the earth lol.   Life is buuusssyyy.   But anyways.  I’m still KETO,  holy crap lol.  I do one cheat meal a week with a carb load now while I’m on my current cycle

600test, 400tren e, 300deca weekly, with 45mg dbol daily.   Just finished up week 5.  Here’s a physique update. 243lbs, lean mean and feeling huge!

A6CF8B3C-0B4A-4D39-B03C-E1BC5056A021.jpeg

Reactions: Barry Morewood
Great work you look fantastic ! The hard work and diet paid off. CBDB 

Thanks a million man.  The diet can be challenging at times, but thank god for quest nutrition lol.  Been stocking up on their penutbutter cups and pizzas.  

wife is down to her pre baby physique, but boobs still huge from breast feeding lol.  She gave me the ok to post her update pic.

I wish I could dedicate more time to the log, been working a lot, coaching some clients, home school for the kids, and an 8 month old who’s keeping me on my toes.

currently at 5000ish calories.  With the tren I’ve been getting away with about 150 g carbs a day while maintaining ketosis.   Pumps are insane, fullness is back.  We all know keto will kill your pumps and leave you looking flat.  But after maintaining the diet for a prolonged time, your body gets more efficient with any carbs that are consumed, and your muscles will develop more intra muscular fat, which aids in looking and feeling full.

ive recently been using axe and sledge stim free pre workout,  and with this diet I find it’s the best pre workout I’ve tried.  Insane energy and pumps and vascularity with no crash.  It’s Seth feroce line of supplements. I have my own discount code for 10% off anything on the axe and sledge website. Use Johnston10 at checkout (I don’t get any kickbacks at all). But I do like to support some of the guys I follow on YouTube.  So far, Seth and John meadows are the only bodybuilders I’ll buy from.  They are both honest and hard working dudes and they don’t bullshit people. 

Strength is crazy right now.  I forgot how much I love the test/tren/deca cycle.  I highly recommend it.  It’s an awesome stack that you can run at lower doses and everything works in synergy with each other.  I havnt had any prolactin issues yet 5 weeks in.  Nipples get a bit sensitive at times, but I contribute that to the dbol aromatising.  I’ve been getting away with 2 doses of 1mg Arimidex a week, which I take on my injection days.   I feel like everything is in balance estro wise.

the wife wants to do a show with me late spring, shut downs permitting lol.  She’s not on anything right now due to breast feeding, but all those extra hormones she has is working for her lol.  Didn’t take her long to get her body back, producing milk takes up a crap ton of calories.  She’s Russian, 5 foot 11 inches, that helps her a lot physique wise too.   But here is her pic from last week leg day.

CBDB, I would be more than happy to type up something for a bodybuilders approach to the keto diet. I’ll try to get something up by the end of the weekend

A0B279A4-6D71-45A6-88A4-81CA4F9F6E71.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ryujiin