Ryu's Lean Up Log

Nano Update:

Scale kept going in the wrong direction but that is all on me. 108.3kg as of this AM dry. 

Because of my move and new commute to work, my gym time is a little more fast paced so I have tweaked my training. 

My leg workout for tonight will be:

Single Leg Extensions 1 x giant set for warmup-pyramiding weight up at 20 rep steps with a 100 rep cap. 

Abduction Machine 2 x 10-12

Adduction Machine 2 x 10-12

Squats 3 x 10-12

Close Position Leg Press 3 x 10-12

Bulgarian Split Squats or Extensions 3 x 10-12

Barbell Hypers 3 x 10-12

Standing Calf Press 3 x 10-15

Diet is currently sitting at:

AM: 1 cap curcumin, 1 cap cranberry, 1 cap VC, 1 baby aspirin, 1 cap NAC, 4 caps astragalus, 1 cap Q10, 1 cap (50mg) proviron, 1 cap Niacin 

Meal 1: 2 servings whey w/15g raw chia seeds, 2 EFA, Multi V, 5000IU VD

Meal 2: 200-300g veg, 1.5 servings whey w/15g raw chia seeds, 2 EFA, 100g meat (random) and sometimes 100-200g rice

Meal 3: 150g chicken breast, 1 whole wheat wrap, mustard (plain yellow) 

Meal 4 (Pre-Workout): 1 large apple, 1 serving whey, 1 cap calcium/magnesium 

Pre-Workout: 1 serving ANS Prophecy 

Post-Workout: 1.5 servings whey

Meal 5: 150-200g veg, 100-200g meat (random), 100-150g rice (optional) 

Bed: ZMA w/melatonin or nothing. 

Updated pics coming end of this week, but with the new place it means new lighting and mirror, so I apologize for the variance. 

My summer trip home to Canada has been shot down with the Covid situation and its looking like Xmass is going to be my next possible trip.  So looks like I will be planning my blast from January 2021 lol.  I cant wait to give the BT Tdrol a go along with the planned 200-250mg test and 500mg mast enath. Also have some Madol waiting for me that I am itching to try for the second half maybe along with some Rad140. Hopefully I am lean enough by then. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Micro Update:

Good leg workout. Mind-muscle connection with my quads and hams is improving nicely. A little stiff today. 

Diet today is on point with the above. 

Tonight's workout will be;

Rotator warmup 1 x giant set

Hammer strength unilateral plate bench 3 x 10-12

Seated DB Shoulder Press 3 x 10-12

Dips 3 x failure (bodyweight)

Cable Crossovers (medium) 3 x 12-15

Laying Tri-extensions 3 x 10-12

DB Lateral Raises 3 x 10-12

Close Grip-pushups 1 x giggles 

Incline Treadmill x 20min

Everything above includes 2-3 warmup sets and listed sets are working. Last set is often a drop set back off. 

AM today I did some posing practice for fun including some extended time vacuum poses. 

Throwing up the progress photos a few days early. Taken AM, no food, no pump, but about 1.5L water in me at this point.  Again, new lighting and mirror, but I feel I look better now than at the start of the month, but the photos seem to point in the other direction with me looking better at the start of this month. FML. Left to right. Far left being the starting point. All this recent talk about Tren, Albuterol, DNP...I feel like I am going about this the really slow way lol. Sitting at about 108kg/240lbs here. I think I am probably still sitting around 25% bodyfat. Maybe more. 

20200729.jpg

Dude you are not 25% bf wtf are you smoking? lol Also I take it you are a tall dude?

The last two pix I am having trouble judging due to lighting. But I also think you took the pictures with slightly different perspective/zoom so that throws it off (middle two, second photo seems closer so it makes you look bigger).

Whatever the case, definitely way way better than the first pic in all the pix. So kudos to you man keep it up!

Dude you are not 25% bf wtf are you smoking? lol Also I take it you are a tall dude?
So your thinking more in the 26-27% range? 😛

I just over 6'2...so not crazy tall by any means. Future photos will line up with the last one. The move really messed up the consistency of the shots (new mirror size, bigger bathroom, completely different lighting, etc) I may also have to turn up the resolution on my camera. 

The only proof I have that I am leaner now than at the start of the month is the extra veins including the one you can kinda see in my shoulder. 

You are definitely making progress; even if it is slower than you would like.

Are you still having trouble getting more meat in your plan? I see quite a bit of whey still and I believe lean meats would serve you better, atleast in the TEF concept. 

I'm just starting to follow your journey here, I will read a bit more indepth later when I am not soaked and near sweat blind mid morning cardio 😅

Keep it up. 

Are you still having trouble getting more meat in your plan? I see quite a bit of whey still and I believe lean meats would serve you better, atleast in the TEF concept. 
On occasion I get a little crazy and swap out my apple and shake for another chicken wrap lol. But that's about it.  I do need to start adding more veg into the wraps though as the last little bit they have literally just been chicken, wrap, mustard lol. 

I figure its taking my longer as I have been kinda fat for a long time, so my body does not know what lean is. That or life stuff causing my diet to slip a little and a lack of solid cardio. I was hoping to hit 15% with a little cardio so if I do decide to ever see if I can get below 15% I have room to add in some extra cardio time. I figure I have about 20lbs to go or so. 

I do think I need to switch things up a bit soon as my weight has seemed to stabilize.  

What kills me is I see posts on other boards where guys are like "dude, I just dropped 10% bodyfat in 6 weeks cause I crushin the Tren and Clen protocol" lol

Not so much an update...as an update.

Tonight's planned workout: Legs

Hip Abduction 2 x 10-15

Hip Adduction 2 X 10-15

Single Leg Glute Bridge 2 x failure (bodyweight)

Leg Press (standard stance) 3 x 10-12

Sumo-Deadlift 3 x 10-12

Landmine Squat 3 x 10

Leg Curls 3 x 10-15

Leg Extensions 3 x 10-15

Diet is on point so far with previously posted. Slept like ass last night.  Really hoping to see the scale move a little this weekend on weight in. 

If not, bring on the topical DNP. 

tenor.gif

Weekend Weigh In: 105.3kg

Who knows. Nice pull workout coming up tonight. I do love training back. 

That is about it for now. Switched up the diet and subbed the apple and BCAA for another wrap w/100-150g chicken breast. 

Going to up the cardio a bit this week to see what happens. At this point, I would pretty much kill to hit 100kg flat by the end of this month.  

What can I say, its been a good week so far for the gym and diet. 

Its odd that I look like a monster in the gym, then I go home and I look like a bag of milk. Go figure.

Veins coming out in my shoulders that I never had before so that is interesting. Claves, shins, quads as well. Even a vein on the side of my ass. 

Lower stomach and moobs fat is pretty deflated now. Its nice, but I hope my skin pulls in nicely. Lower back fat and side fat is still pretty thick. 

Had a great leg workout yesterday, but the local snap chat crew (its not actually snap chat here, but you get the idea) took over the squat rack and smith, so I ended up doing heavy landmine squats that to my surprise, have my quads pretty sore today. New angles I guess. Got soaked on the way home as a typhoon was rolling through. Windows vibrating all night kept me up as well, so lots of caffeine in me. 

The itch to change something up is hitting me, but I am still trying to stay away from any "fat burners" for now as Im still pretty fat.  Always upon to suggestions. 

Going to add in some berberine and such next month (if it ever gets here) to see if that helps any. 

As always, I'm open to any and all advice from you bunch of jacked asses. 

From the pics I have seen looks like you are making great progress.  And you look like your getting in the 10 - 15% body fat percentage based on my experience going  through 5 competitions and getting around the 5% body fat range.  Just a few questions if you don't mine.  Are you planning on competing or just want to look better and get in great shape?  Were you thinking of getting some calipers to determine approx your body fat %,  I bought some off amazon however the mirror is your best guide and I liked the scale as well ... the scale me bring down my weight down in slower increments which helped maintain body muscle.   Are you taking a planned cheat day or meal through the week?  I read some of your threads and I agree with you if you are not competing I personally would not go on tren  unless you wanted to let loose in the gym and rip some real heavy weight lol.   I did not see much on your cardio sessions ... maybe I did not read well enuff, what are you doing in this regard?  Sincerely BT ... (Keep motivated, post your end goals on a sticky on your refrigerator and look at them every time you go to the fridge ... helped me) 

Reactions: Ryujiin
And you look like your getting in the 10 - 15% body fat percentage based on my experience going  through 5 competitions and getting around the 5% body fat range.  Just a few questions if you don't mine. 

Are you planning on competing or just want to look better and get in great shape? 

Were you thinking of getting some calipers to determine approx your body fat %

Are you taking a planned cheat day or meal through the week? 

I did not see much on your cardio sessions ... maybe I did not read well enuff, what are you doing in this regard? 
Hey man, thanks for the feedback and I wish I was in the 10-15% range lol. My goals are aesthetic with a side of health and I did pick up some calipers, but they are cheap and to be honest, I am shit at using them. 

I actually don't have a planned cheat meal as I like to leave that slot open for when life happens and I end up at a Hogendas or something lol. It does happen at least once every 2 weeks that's for sure. 

Cardio is a tricky one for me as I don't even get much time to do my lifting sessions when I am at the gym as of late. I do get in 2-3 20-45min sessions a week but I wish it was more. I do walk a lot (10K+ steps a day) 

I tried to tighten things up a bit this week so I am hoping the scale reflects that this weekend when jump on that little guy. 

The irony of this journey was I started out with just wanting to lean up...a lot, but have ended up also putting on some size and that I can not complain about at all. 

Great log!  Life does happen to all of us and knocks us down, but getting back up is what matters and makes you stronger, mentally, emotionally and physically.   

you’re filling out while getting leaner at the same time man, you seem determined and on a good regimen this far.  Don’t you worry about that belly skin, it is a reminder of where you were and how far you have come.  And personally, my favorite people to train are the ones that have those battle scars.  It is much more impressive to go from over weight to jacked and shredded than it is for the skinny guy to go from 150lbs to 200lbs.  Not hating on the skinny guys, that’s just my opinion.  

the loose skin will be there for a while, which you really don’t have a terrible amount of, but the longer you stay lean, the skin will tighten and that subconscious fat that is under it will disappear and it won’t be nearly as noticeable.

solid log bro!

Reactions: Ryujiin
Great log!  
Thanks man. Ya, between the loose skin from being a little fat and the stretch marks all over my arms/shoulders/chest etc from adding size there is no shortage of battle scars. 

Hey man, thanks for the feedback and I wish I was in the 10-15% range lol. My goals are aesthetic with a side of health and I did pick up some calipers, but they are cheap and to be honest, I am shit at using them. 

I actually don't have a planned cheat meal as I like to leave that slot open for when life happens and I end up at a Hogendas or something lol. It does happen at least once every 2 weeks that's for sure. 

Cardio is a tricky one for me as I don't even get much time to do my lifting sessions when I am at the gym as of late. I do get in 2-3 20-45min sessions a week but I wish it was more. I do walk a lot (10K+ steps a day) 

I tried to tighten things up a bit this week so I am hoping the scale reflects that this weekend when jump on that little guy. 

The irony of this journey was I started out with just wanting to lean up...a lot, but have ended up also putting on some size and that I can not complain about at all. 
Keep doing what your doing if it is working for you.  And it is a journey (marathon) not a race to manage weight and maintain/build muscle.  The rewards are there for the long run once you get to your optimal weight.  My optimal weight is 235- 240 ... I am 255 now,  and when I get to my optimal  I feel so much better.  I  am less sluggish have more energy, get more done, seem to be more relaxed and overall happy.  When I start getting close to 270 all those benefits go away as I have to dive boom to tie my shoes, work hard to wipe my ass,  also dragging my ass all the time and feel generally worn out.  And it is good to here you are putting on a little size ... women like that and it feels real good as well too.  I removed the majority of high glycemic foods from my diet 2 weeks ago and have lost a lot of water weight ... down from 265  cause I was starting to feel crappy ... I have a ways to go as the next 15 to 20 will be tougher, and once I reach there I will relax. It's all about getting up in the morning and do those things that get u there.  I will be watching your progress.  keep it up  ... it will motivate me to meet my goals as well.  cheers BT

Quick Update;

Weekend turned into a bit of a carb fest.  Nothing crazy but there was a thin crust pizza, a beer, an ice cream, well you get the idea. 

Anyway, I looked pretty good in the mirror that night from being filled in but I know better. The pump during yesterdays workout was just too dirty, to the point I could not really bend my arms. It also made going heavy pretty impossible so I ended up doing very controlled and focused reps on all my exercises and in turn, I am actually a little sore today. Nice change. 

Plugged my food from yesterday into my fitness pal, and Im surprised how low my cals are. I would say there is probably a miscalculation there of around 200cals at least and i should be just above 2000.  Not a lot given my current weight of 107kg (235lbs)

Also did a little yoga and glute work with the wife last night at home. My ass is killing me today. 

With all the guys running logs and putting on size, I really am itching to get to the point were I am ready to start upping my carbs and begin a more intense recomp blast; probably in the new year...

For now, that plan looks like: (all long ester)

Test 250mg/wk

Mast 500mg/wk

Tren 200mg/wk (via seeing what @a_ahmed and @Talon have been reporting for recomp effect) 

Tdrol (Tbol/Superdrol mix) 2caps/ed (wk 1-4)

Here are the macros and calorie breakdown;

WeChat Image_20200811094947.jpg

WeChat Image_20200811095012.jpg

What can I say, its been a good week so far for the gym and diet. 

Its odd that I look like a monster in the gym, then I go home and I look like a bag of milk. Go figure.

Veins coming out in my shoulders that I never had before so that is interesting. Claves, shins, quads as well. Even a vein on the side of my ass. 

Lower stomach and moobs fat is pretty deflated now. Its nice, but I hope my skin pulls in nicely. Lower back fat and side fat is still pretty thick. 

Had a great leg workout yesterday, but the local snap chat crew (its not actually snap chat here, but you get the idea) took over the squat rack and smith, so I ended up doing heavy landmine squats that to my surprise, have my quads pretty sore today. New angles I guess. Got soaked on the way home as a typhoon was rolling through. Windows vibrating all night kept me up as well, so lots of caffeine in me. 

The itch to change something up is hitting me, but I am still trying to stay away from any "fat burners" for now as Im still pretty fat.  Always upon to suggestions. 

Going to add in some berberine and such next month (if it ever gets here) to see if that helps any. 

As always, I'm open to any and all advice from you bunch of jacked asses. 
Haha, gotta love that gym lighting bro!   I’ll hit the gym and see all my veins and angles and muscle separations what have you, just to get home, get ready for a shower and check the guns out in the mirror just to be like. WTF.   We all need gym lighting at home, it makes everything looks better!

02E46668-63C1-43E1-8F82-62754103D5DC.png

• Haha
Reactions: a_ahmed and Vortex