Egfr issues

Durk

So about 3 months ago my bloods were all fuckered. I have been off of everything since and today almost everything was in perfect range except for my egfr.

Last time it was 67

This time it’s 72

The paper said anything under 98 and over 60 means mild kidney impairment.

Usually I wouldn’t think much of it, but this is my second test. I have also not taken a protein shake in about 2 months. I am starting to think of quitting juice permanently. I will try and drink a crazy amount of water and trying again in a couple of weeks. I think I drink enough, but maybe not. I am at a loss here.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:50 AM, Durk said:

So about 3 months ago my bloods were all fuckered. I have been off of everything since and today almost everything was in perfect range except for my egfr.

Last time it was 67

This time it’s 72

The paper said anything under 98 and over 60 means mild kidney impairment.

Usually I wouldn’t think much of it, but this is my second test. I have also not taken a protein shake in about 2 months. I am starting to think of quitting juice permanently. I will try and drink a crazy amount of water and trying again in a couple of weeks. I think I drink enough, but maybe not. I am at a loss here.

Normal eGFR ranges from 60 to 100 - those are the normal to optimal range. So if anything, your kidneys have improved. Did they not explain the values?

60 is listed as some type of mild kidney damage, but cause for concerns comes when the value lowers (like 30 and under). 

Try drinking a minimum of 4L per day, perhaps lower your protein intake as well - but for kidney function you really need to look at "lifestyle" changes, not quick fixes. 

11 hours ago, Corey5150 said:

Normal eGFR ranges from 60 to 100 - those are the normal to optimal range. So if anything, your kidneys have improved. Did they not explain the values?

60 is listed as some type of mild kidney damage, but cause for concerns comes when the value lowers (like 30 and under). 

Try drinking a minimum of 4L per day, perhaps lower your protein intake as well - but for kidney function you really need to look at "lifestyle" changes, not quick fixes. 

No he never really explained it. He made it sound like it was a serious problem though.

• 5 weeks later...

Went back today after drinking a gallon of water a day for 3 weeks. I tested at 76 this time. So it’s slowly getting better. Doctor that was on thinks that my steroid use has caused permanently damage. Just got a call now requesting I go back for a urine sample.

Do the rest of you guys get this reaction after getting bloods? I was talking to a guy I know, dudes 260 on multiple grams at a time year round. He was like “maybe you are fucked mine is always 90+”. I was like fuck you my online friends say my number is normal lol. 

Any tips for the urine test should I take a couple of days to eat low protein diet or just test as is? I am guessing protein is what they are testing. I haven’t really even gone over a gram of protein  per Ib lately.