Bodytech Sponsored Offseason Log

So its the next day... man I was exhausted yesterday.

VERY happy with the look I was able to bring, pushed food hard and a valuable lesson that I've learnt is that it takes a TON of food to fill me out if I'm depleted correctly. Although, I won't get into what I did too much as I'll detail that in my YouTube videos.

So I won 1st Heavyweight and Overall Bodybuilding Champion - again very happy with how everything went. Here are some photos:

IMG_0248.PNG

IMG_0249.PNG

Uploaded a new video detailing some of my thoughts and a little of how my week leading up to my show went! 

Part 2 will have a follow up and all my footage of being on stage! 

So went back to the gym first time on Saturday - Just getting a feel for everything again, and to my surprise not much of a strength drop-off. Yet, I know I still have some lingering blood levels. Either way, still happy for what the strength level was. Performance wise, I did start to gas out near the end, but thats expected.

Still having a nagging pain in my left shoulder - there's an amazing physiotherapist about two hours away that I'm going to make a visit to at some point. Other than being a minor pain at the beginning of the training session its nothing too bad and not noticeable when I'm warmed up. 

So I think instead of typing everything out I'm literally going to post photos of my logbook (it'll also force me to continue to be consistent with it). Just so people know I don't write in sets other than my "working sets" and HS refers to Hammer Strength. Any questions shoot away!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

So just to update everyone, my bloodwork came back perfect. So I'll be planning my next blast soon... And because I like to experiment and try new things I've got a few ideas in mind! 

And I've got some other interesting news that I'll share soon enough!

So just to update everyone, my bloodwork came back perfect. So I'll be planning my next blast soon... And because I like to experiment and try new things I've got a few ideas in mind! 

And I've got some other interesting news that I'll share soon enough!
I'm all ears 

Reactions: Corey5150
Congrats on the show and overcoming your injury. 

I dealt with a very similar thing back in November 2017, but unlike you I knew right away it was a nerve issue due my left arm being pins and needles for a couple weeks.  Couldn't workout upper body for about 8 weeks, then when I started back, I could barely press a 20lb dumbbell with my left arm.  It's like I never lifted before. Left side chest, and tricep atrophied like crazy.   I continued with the 20s and slowly built my strength back up.... Took months and it's still not 100%.  After a few months, finally had an MRI and it confirmed herniated C4 and C7 disc.  

I still don't fully feel my left tricep contract and left arm is about .5 inch smaller, but overall can't complain.  Just glad I'm still able to lift.   You are looking fantastic though and it doesn't look like it affected you too much. 

Reactions: Corey5150
Congrats on the show and overcoming your injury. 

I dealt with a very similar thing back in November 2017, but unlike you I knew right away it was a nerve issue due my left arm being pins and needles for a couple weeks.  Couldn't workout upper body for about 8 weeks, then when I started back, I could barely press a 20lb dumbbell with my left arm.  It's like I never lifted before. Left side chest, and tricep atrophied like crazy.   I continued with the 20s and slowly built my strength back up.... Took months and it's still not 100%.  After a few months, finally had an MRI and it confirmed herniated C4 and C7 disc.  

I still don't fully feel my left tricep contract and left arm is about .5 inch smaller, but overall can't complain.  Just glad I'm still able to lift.   You are looking fantastic though and it doesn't look like it affected you too much. 
Thanks brother, I'm not going to lie it left me pretty distraught. 

Had to completely learn to train differently - and just push through. The biggest thing that was said to me that screwed me up was when the neurologist said, the muscle probably won't come back, that messed me up pretty good. But hey, here I am now... still not perfect contractions on my left side, still slightly weaker - but I do what I can, and trying to even it out. 

OK!

So now I'm starting to plan my offseason cycle, and A LOT of people won't agree with what I'm doing nor will they understand (they also might think I'm stupid)... hear me out! So I like to experiment with everything I do - training, supplementation, diet, etc... I like to try unconventional methods, or stuff that you can't find much information about and see what happens. It's what I've always done and sometimes it works (like the diet I used for my past show vs the show prior with "higher" DNP use) and other times not so much.

So something I've wanted to try for a couple years now and just never got around to is the blitz cycle proposed by L. Rea

Without going too in-depth (you can probably find his book somewhere on the internet like I have) the point of this cycle is to super saturate yourself for a small period with one compound then change to another, mostly androgenic to anabolic, etc... Never create stability and periods of diminishing returns. Think hit it hard and fast... the whole cycle is basically a front load. 

Do I have massive expectations? lol no. It might be side effect city, it might be mediocre... who knows! The only thing I think I'll have a big problem with will be the frequency, as the volume is high and they'll be done every day... so we'll see how that goes. 

Probably looking to start within a week to two.

Will definitely be paying attention to this. Not too much can be found on experiences with Rea’s cycles.

Hey everyone!

Sorry there hasn't been much updating to this log, I've been crazy busy - and aches and pains delayed the start of my offseason cycle so I've been hesitant to post any updates. BUT now we're going full steam and I'm working in collaboration with Bodytech so here we go! ALSO, anyone curious thats seen my past progress I've been using BT gear for the last several years. 

My thoughts have changed from the initial plans. I will be sticking to some more tried and true methods/cycles that I've used before with great success... but we'll also throw in some new and interesting stuff here and there.

I'm going to be sharing everything: diet, gear, training, natural supplementation, thought process, etc... 

So lets start with training, currently I'm nearing the end of my "strength" phase which is predominantly low volume and focusing on progressive overload. I'm a firm believer in getting as strong as possible, then introducing an increase in volume, and that will be my next transition based on how my body recovers. So something I usually abide by is reducing my last max load by about 20ish percent based on how the numbers work out and I'll increase the amount of working sets performed. Now I'll approach this addition of volume slowly it WONT be done every week. And I'll still be adding weight/reps to these increased sets (always following the principles of progressive overload).

I'll post further details tonight, post training session as I don't have my log book in front of me. 

Nutrition is pretty different from what I've been doing, I've been keeping things VERY clean and a minor surplus in terms of calories. BUUUTTT I'm going to go a little heavier for abit as I haven't done that for a while, we'll see how high it brings me before I adjust. Here's the basic outline of my diet

Meal 1:
100g of Carbs from Cereal (whichever I'm eating at the moment)
2 Scoops of Whey
45g of Peanut Butter

Meal 2 + 3:
3 Cups White Rice
6oz Extra Lean Ground Beef
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Small Mixed Green Salad

Meal 4:
Repeat of Meal 1

Pre Workout:
I'll utilize some type of fast carb around 50g total

Intra:
50g from HBCD

All adjustments made to my diet will be done by testing my blood sugar, matching it to my recovery needs and how my weight is progressing. 

Natural Supplements:
Omega 3 Fish Oil
CoQ10
Astragalus
Multivitamin
Magnesium Biglycinate
Curcumin
Vitamin D3
Ashwagandha 
Inositol Hexaphosphate
Citrus Bergamot
Greens Powder
Creatine Monohydrate
... I think thats it? lol

PED's - ALL gear utilized will be from Bodytech
So this will be tweaked as we go, I don't create a say 12-16 plan when I do this, I will stop once I feel run down and continue to push if bloodwork is in a good place. So with that being said at the moment I'm running, per week (just started this two weeks ago... and I've missed 1 shot per week lol so haven't hit the total yet):
1g Sust
600mg Deca
50mg Anadrol on Training Days
5IU Humalog Pre Workout

Current weight is about 240ish, my height is about 5'8. So lets see where things go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite the mix of supplements 

Love the details on these logs

All health is in check?any history of health issues? 

Thanks @Corey5150 love the log , I’m glad you put your diet in there some members need to see stuff like that to learn what it takes .

Quite the mix of supplements 

Love the details on these logs

All health is in check?any history of health issues? 
A lot of what I do is for preventative measure. I run slightly on the high end of normal for BP, so I monitor that quite frequently just to stay on top of it.