Protein Bar Recipe

Post up your protein bar recipes... I have been using the following and it's pretty good. It's LOW CARB but I still use it even though I'm now off keto.

Ingredients

7 scoops Whey Protein (Chocolate)

1/2 cup butter, melted

4 oz. cream cheese

1 1/2 oz. peanuts, dry roasted

Directions

Melt butter & cream cheese in microwave and stir until smooth.

Add protein powder, and stir until mixed. This will be very thick and hard to stir.

Add finely chopped peanuts and mix. (You may have to knead it with your hands.)

Place in a greased bread pan, pressing it into the shape of the pan, then chill.

When chilled and firm, cut into 12 pieces and wrap them individually in plastic wrap or put pieces in a plastic bag and store in refrigerator. They come out chewy and look like fudge.

I also throw in a couple Tablespoons of natty pb.

Macros:

Cals 186

Pro 15g

Fat 13g

Carb 2g

do you think the bars would hold together if the butter was subbed out for applesauce? or do the bars come out pretty wet already? because subbing apple sauce for butter always adds alot of moisture so if its already a moist bar then making this substitution may compromise the bars ability to stick together

13 hours ago, Magic said:

do you think the bars would hold together if the butter was subbed out for applesauce? or do the bars come out pretty wet already? because subbing apple sauce for butter always adds alot of moisture so if its already a moist bar then making this substitution may compromise the bars ability to stick together

hmm i dont know,give it a whirl and take pics lol