Blood Work - Made Easier?

Blitz

So I stumbled across a new service recently at www.HealthTab.com, they basically offer easy blood work. Currently there are only two panels Base Line (Lipid and Liver) and Metabolic (Liver, Kidney, Glucose and Electrolytes).

The service is done inside Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacies. No requisition required. The cost is only $25 a panel. You walk in they lance your finger, suck up some blood and 15 minutes later you have results. They say they are as accurate as a lab, but even if there is a slight variance it's so easy and cheap it's acceptable. I got both panels just to see where I was at.

Very easy and would recommend. This is a game changer for people who have troublesome doctors or just the fact that you need to go in get the requisition, then go to the lab, then go back to your doc. If a location is near you, it's literally 15 minutes.

I would love to see them add a hormone panel. They say they are considering more tests and open to suggestions, so I emailed them to ask for a mens hormone panel and a thyroid panel. This could help our community pretty good so I would suggest if you need blood work and close to a location try it out. Also shoot them an email to ask for them to add a hormone panel. The AAS community could probably sway them if they received a couple dozen emails, they'll see dollar signs and we'll get convenience.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rosconow said:

Would be great if they had more locations. Only 5 or 6 locations as i remember. It would definitely be a valuable tool.

Yea for sure, apparently shoppers will be rolling this out to lots of locations. For me it was about a 10 minute deviation in my way home from work, which isn't bad.

We definitely need some "private" testing in this country. From what i've heard in the states you can get blood work done almost anywhere, you just have to pay for it. Canadians are at the mercy of their family doctors.... if they even have one.  

I think @Jetpilot found a good looking mail order test that runs a selection of panels. He started a thread on it.

1 hour ago, Rosconow said:

We definitely need some "private" testing in this country. From what i've heard in the states you can get blood work done almost anywhere, you just have to pay for it. Canadians are at the mercy of their family doctors.... if they even have one.  

I think @Jetpilot found a good looking mail order test that runs a selection of panels. He started a thread on it.

Yea there are mail in options, think they work the same as this but just have the delay of shipping to and from