Lactose Intolerant and Whey Protein

If you are lactose intolerant or lactose sensitive, you may be wondering if you can consume whey protein as part of your healthy diet. Lactose intolerance, also called lactase deficiency and hypolactasia, is the inability to digest lactose, a sugar found in milk (and hence some dairy products).

Whey protein is a by-product of the cheese making process, so it would be natural to think that whey protein contains lactose. But most whey protein isolate contains less than 1 percent lactose. This means pure whey protein isolate contains very little lactose, and you may be able to consume it even if you are lactose intolerant or lactose sensitive.

**However I personally notice when I am in prep I cannot digest the milk sugars and I choose products now that are lactose free. So far in Canada I can only find two; Magnum Quattro and Creed by PS. 

Thoughts? Do you have this issue as well? Leave your comments! I’d love to hear!