Digestion and diet

Best thing that helped my digestion is eating easy digesting food, everyone’s different. For me it was 

protein = egg whites, tuna, protein powder, protein bars

caebs = oatmeal, grits, bananas, carb powder

never really ate fats, I got enough from the oatmeal. They also slow my digestion if I eat too much  

Also taking a digestive enzyme, NOW foods super enzyme. And not drinking water during the meal. Not sure if it helped but I also ate slow (mainly cause the oatmeal was always scorching hot)

I was hungry 1 hour after eating and I was eating quite a bit of food (1000 calories per meal almost, 100-150g oatmeal, 75-90g protein powder or 2cans of tuna, banana). I’d have a protein bar some times too and a pre/post workout shake

I know lots will disagree with protein powder but I used it almost as my only protein source last year and I got better results than I ever have, so I am not going to believe it’s inferior to protein from real food. Also lots of brands of protein are definitely inferior, not going to say the bad ones but I can say for sure optimum nutrition has been the best. Both digestion, mixability, quality and results (pretty confident other brands don’t contain what the label says, judging from the drastically difference in results). 

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 2