Bodyhair removal for both men and woman

Depilation is a general term for hair removal, which concerns the portion of the hair that is on top of the surface of the skin. Epilation is the removal of the complete hair, counting the section underneath the skin. Hair removal has been practiced for centuries in nearly every human society. Hair is usually removed for sexual and social motives connected to the function of hair in human culture.

Both males and females have unwanted hair on their bodies. Hair removal on the hands, legs, arms, underarms, bikini line, face and eyebrows is regularly practiced currently. Different devices are used for hair removal in different parts of the body. Waxing and sugaring are now common methods for male body hair removal. A hair growth inhibitor is generally used after waxing to prevent or slow down regrowth.

Hair Zone
Best Hair Removal Method
Back, shoulders and butt
Wax
Chest
Wax or shave
Arms and hands
Trim
Armpits
Trim or shave
Legs and feet
Trim
Crotch
Trim (carefully)
Eyebrows
Pluck
Nose and ears
Trim or pluck

Humans are born with about 3,000 to 4,000 hair follicles per square inch – around two million on the entire body. The quantity of hair a person has is determined by his or her genetic make-up. Evidence of depilatory use dates as far back as 4000-3000 B.C., when women used (rhusma tocorum), containing arsenic, quicklime and starch made into a paste.

Hair on the skin works as defense against cold weather and skin irritants. Hair grows from follicles within the skin. Once these follicles are not destroyed, hair will keep growing from them, even if it is plucked or chemically removed. Adults have two types of hair: vellus, which is soft, fine and usually short, and terminal, which is longer, coarser and thicker.

There was a time when body hair on men was sexy and thought of as a symbol of virility and manliness. The reason guys started getting rid of their body hair is simple: it makes a gym-toned body appear more muscular – you can see muscle cut and striation much more clearly without the hairy camouflage.

In keeping with the present dictates of American style, hair where hair oughtn't be lifts many an eyebrow. An assortment of home-use hair removal products is available over the counter for do-it-yourselfers. Some of the issues to consider in deciding on a method and settling on whether to go to a professional are the price, safety, helpfulness, and ease of use of the different methods, as well as the area and amount of hair growth to be treated.

Shaving

Shaving is the practice of removing body hair using an electric or a manual razor. If a manual razor is used, some lathering instrument such as soap or a special shaving cream, gel, or foam is usually applied to the area to be shaved first, to avoid an agonizing razor burn. Manual razors are available in many different styles: disposable, disposable cartridge, straight razor and safety. Shaving can have many side effects, including cuts, grazes and irritations.

Here are some shaving tips:

1. If you find it difficult to shave your body with a sharp razor without cutting your skin, use a razor that you've already used on your face for a while.
  2. If you get a skin irritation, don't shave again until it goes away.
  3. Keep your skin clean and wear non-irritating clothes (like cotton).
  4. Gel shaving cream works better on the body than foam shaving cream.
  5. Don't shave if you're in a hurry.

Laser Technology

Laser hair removal uses the energy delivered by a laser to obliterate the hair follicle. When the laser is focused on an unwanted hair, the energy is absorbed by the water and blood in the hair follicle, causing heating and eventual destruction of the follicle. Anybody with unwanted facial or body hair can be a candidate for laser hair removal, which is a comparatively easy process.

The laser (an acronym for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation) is basically a tool that creates a beam of light. Those with light skin and dark hair often see the finest results, because the laser light is attracted to dark colors. Dark skinned people don't do well with this method of hair removal because the pigment in the skin soaks up too much of the laser energy. The laser equipment field is continually changing, and there are several kinds of lasers used for hair removal, so be sure you're current before you make a decision on whether this process is right for you.

You can have unwanted hair removed from any part of your body, except the eye area. While these treatments can be pricey, people love the idea of getting rid of hair permanently with no more shaving or waxing. Remember that laser hair removal is a medical procedure, and this means that there can be risk involved. Select a laser hair removal clinic carefully. Discount centers can be found, but you will often end up with a less experienced practitioner.

Hair Removal Time Periods

The majority of consumers believe "permanent" means lasting forever. Others figure that after a certain amount of time, it's unlikely that a hair will ever return. Here's what an aesthetician means when he says:

• Permanent hair removal – you're able to go a year after your final hair removal treatment without having to use another method of hair removal.
  • Long-term hair removal – you can go six months after your final treatment without having to use another method of hair removal.
  • Semi-permanent hair removal – these methods last for a few weeks.
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2018 at 8:09 PM, Sorbate said:

Easiest way to remove nose hairs is with needle nose pliers,  when you pull a bouquet of hair from your nose it actually hurts less that pulling one at a time.

I know you're not even kidding because this is actually true!! I try not to let em get that bad LOL but if they do then thats the best way to deal with them....

• Like 1

I use one of those electric wet/dry body groomers. 

Does an alright job. Razors left bumps all over my chest. Not a pretty look. No the trimmers aren't as close as a razor, but if it's just to look good at the beach, no-one will notice. 

My wife prefers my chest with some hair.. trimmed. makes me look bearish and manly she says. LOL.

I use it on my chest, back, legs, crotch (not balls) , and ass crack. Pretty quick, no mess, and a lot less irritation. 

• Like 1