Dnp for peak week carb depletion?

Here's a question for all you seasoned competitors and coaches about peak week that I've never heard mentioned before.  Because of DNP s ability to completely deplete the body of glycogen, and then the increased insulin sensitivity afterwards, wouldnt dnp make sense to use for peak week? Or perhaps the the week prior to peak week? If an athlete was to use dnp up until 5-7 days out, then start filling back up on carbs day by day until show day and use a little diuretic to help pull the water off.  I experience an incredible rebound effect when I come off of dnp and start to replenish my glycogen stores, so it made me wonder, does anyone use this for peak week? Thoughts?

I think it's a bad idea. DNP comes with bloat and a number of other side effects. Nothing I'd want to play with at the most critical time of my prep. Fancy trips make you look like shit on stage. Controlling variables and eliminating them when you can is ideal. A diuretic is not needed most of the time, I've only used it with athletes twice. Once because the guy jumped 16lb two days prior to contest, which I attribute to stress. The other time was to get an extra edge with a figure girl, it was a mistake and didn't do her any favors. It's very easy to deplete glycogen through diet and exercise - so easy it just happens. Have you competed before?

If you want to use DNP in prep, I think it should be used early at a low dose, even dosed every other day. Ran no closer than 4 weeks out.

I agree with blitz - way too risky to pull that off in a week. I've used DNP through a prep before mostly just as an experiment and honestly will probably never use it again. I found to get an effective fat burning dose it affected my ability to train and do anything way too much. Just deplete and load the good ol' fashioned way. People try to tweak too many variables when going into the show doing stupid depletions, craziness with water and minerals and immense loads - then look worse. Get ready early and stick to whats been working. 

21 hours ago, FitGM said:

Here's a question for all you seasoned competitors and coaches about peak week that I've never heard mentioned before.  Because of DNP s ability to completely deplete the body of glycogen, and then the increased insulin sensitivity afterwards, wouldnt dnp make sense to use for peak week? Or perhaps the the week prior to peak week? If an athlete was to use dnp up until 5-7 days out, then start filling back up on carbs day by day until show day and use a little diuretic to help pull the water off.  I experience an incredible rebound effect when I come off of dnp and start to replenish my glycogen stores, so it made me wonder, does anyone use this for peak week? Thoughts?

i wouldnt experiment now,id experiment off season

some poeple use anadrol for fulling up on last 2 days,eveyrone has their own method. you just need to find what works for you and ignore all the bro science.