What Blood Pressure meds are you guys taking?

donnie

Work stress plus AA = a need to lower my BP.   Had a couple issues giving blood due to high BP.  

I`ll be heading to the doc but just wanted to know what you guys have had success with or if there is a standard med that I should seek out or insist on?

Thanks D

Edited by donnie

2 hours ago, donnie said:

Work stress plus AA = a need to lower my BP.   Had a couple issues giving blood due to high BP.  

I`ll be heading to the doc but just wanted to know what you guys have had success with or if there is a standard med that I should seek out or insist on?

Thanks D

I can try to help you with some natural meds. 

3 hours ago, dhkk said:

Ramipril, Atenolol

Did my research before, so I knew the difference between ace inhibiters and beta blockers.. etc. Mine is more hereditary though 

I was looking at one of the board sponsors list and was wondering the difference between the two and what one would be right for me, anyone have suggestions?

How high was your BP when they wouldn't let you donate? Did they use the right cuff (they have a big and a small one)? Do you have your own monitor to periodically check it? Have you been doing cardio at all? What % of bodyfat? How is your diet?  If you're looking for meds, discuss it with your doctor. If you want some natural things you can do there is likely some things that could point you in the right direction. The main thing you need to do is take steps to get it within normal range as there are too many health risks to ignore it so make it a priority.

I'm taking a combo of Ramipril and Amlodipine. At first i was just taking the Ramipril. It got my BP down from where it initially was, but I was still in the high numbers. Then my doc added Amlodipine to the mix, and the two of them together work like a charm.

At one point I was hovering around 185/100-ish. Now Im generally around 125/65-70

On 8/23/2018 at 11:53 AM, donnie said:

Thanks D

What are your blood pressure readings?

• 3 weeks later...

I was prescribed candesartan in March but my blood pressure is still usually something like 140/77. I donate blood regulary, don't drink or smoke and I'm currently only running 200mg test e with 500mg EQ. 

Should I ask to change medications?

My blood pressure was insane before starting candesartan so it is working but I'd like to see that top number come down closer to 120.

Edited by tatguy

I would strongly recommend any natural routes before taking bp medication. A lot of people simply have too much mental weakness to address the issue and opt for an easy pill a day. Not all people but most who are on daily medication. Walk, run or jog 2 miles a day or at least most days on top of your daily movement. This could be as little as 20 minutes or you could stretch it to an hour. This will work wonders quick, like a month to go from high readings to optimal. That's step one. Step two would be to increase water intake. After that would be diet adjustments, too many options to list here but if you look at what you eat you'll know what you need to do.

If all else fails then use your doctors advice.

All in the practice of via negativa and understanding iatrogenesis.