Competitions!

Sadly. Mostly just WOS now. To me the promoter should have included FBB and pisses me off they don’t. So I won’t do any show that does not have Pro FBB included now. I did get an invite to Ms International so we will see. I would like to try to get my card here in Canada first!!! 

8 hours ago, Corey5150 said:

Anyone taking part in or watching any of the upcoming shows in the next three weeks?

Honestly I use to watch shows but they have gotten so terrible in recent years. The competition is laughable, which is from allowing top 5 go to the next round, where there are typically 5 or less competitors loading to everyone being "provincial level" and now "national level" with the CPA. CPA allowing everyone this year to go from regional to pro qualifier no matter their placing. Allowing people to compete in multiple classes. I've seen girls compete in bikini, figure and physique all on the same day and come in "top 5" in each class. Also having a show every weekend despite no attendance in any class by bikini, mpd and sometimes figure.

These policies show the organizations don't care about the athletes nor competition. It is pure business and they are looking for entrance fees by any means.

Do you know how many guys above 10% stand in stage and get a medal. If you enroll in a random show for bbing without doing a prep, you can all but guarantee you'll be qualified for a "pro qualifier".

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Blitz said:

Honestly I use to watch shows but they have gotten so terrible in recent years. The competition is laughable, which is from allowing top 5 go to the next round, where there are typically 5 or less competitors loading to everyone being "provincial level" and now "national level" with the CPA. CPA allowing everyone this year to go from regional to pro qualifier no matter their placing. Allowing people to compete in multiple classes. I've seen girls compete in bikini, figure and physique all on the same day and come in "top 5" in each class. Also having a show every weekend despite no attendance in any class by bikini, mpd and sometimes figure.

These policies show the organizations don't care about the athletes nor competition. It is pure business and they are looking for entrance fees by any means.

Do you know how many guys above 10% stand in stage and get a medal. If you enroll in a random show for bbing without doing a prep, you can all but guarantee you'll be qualified for a "pro qualifier".

The only ones worth watching are the Pro Qualifiers. But you are right, even that now seems watered down. And you are very right... after doing the Van Pro I saw first hand its all about the money. Not about the athletes one bit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 8:36 AM, Corey5150 said:

Anyone taking part in or watching any of the upcoming shows in the next three weeks?

Though its not MY thing, I'd love to watch a bodybuilding show. I've had dozens of friends compete over the years, and i have never seen one show. And perhaps when watching one show doesn't cost more than a full week of training, i will. Pisses me off, actually.

6 hours ago, WADA'sWorstNightmare said:

Though its not MY thing, I'd love to watch a bodybuilding show. I've had dozens of friends compete over the years, and i have never seen one show. And perhaps when watching one show doesn't cost more than a full week of training, i will. Pisses me off, actually.

Go check one out! Go to the Canadian physique alliance website and you can view all past and upcoming shows! And I don't know what you mean if it didn't cost you a full week of training lol They can take a couple hours in the morning and most pre judging tickets are like 20 bucks

On 10/23/2018 at 7:22 AM, Corey5150 said:

Go check one out! Go to the Canadian physique alliance website and you can view all past and upcoming shows! And I don't know what you mean if it didn't cost you a full week of training lol They can take a couple hours in the morning and most pre judging tickets are like 20 bucks

Every one i've wanted to see was $50 to $100. No fucking way. I can see powerlifting or weightlifting Nationals, even World Championships for $10 or less (often free, and these are NOT cheap shows to run!). It is utterly absurd for them to charge what they do, and i wont support it. Plus, we all know the good stuff happens in the later shows. 

7 hours ago, WADA'sWorstNightmare said:

Every one i've wanted to see was $50 to $100. No fucking way. I can see powerlifting or weightlifting Nationals, even World Championships for $10 or less (often free, and these are NOT cheap shows to run!). It is utterly absurd for them to charge what they do, and i wont support it. Plus, we all know the good stuff happens in the later shows. 

50 for a night show is pretty common, but I’ve never seen 100 even for national level shows. Lol but I mean if it’s not your cup of tea 

12 hours ago, Corey5150 said:

50 for a night show is pretty common, but I’ve never seen 100 even for national level shows. Lol but I mean if it’s not your cup of tea 

Seen $80, seen $120 (that might have been both shows, dont remember), seen over $50 many times. I dont understand why it has to be so much. No, its not my cup of tea, but i've had MANY friends do shows, and you know, it would have been nice to support them.