Ryu's Lean Up Log

Ryujiin

Update:

Last night ended up being a rest day. Honestly I was feeling like shit and my knees were still rough so I decided to play it safe and hit bed early. 

Leg workout planned tonight, fingers crossed. 

A little bored at work right now so I slapped together a split screen to see if I have actually made any progress since November, including the 3 month shut down. 

Thoughts?  Really wish I was much leaner than I am, but I guess all in time. For now, still playing to the recomp game vs. full out fat loss.

Presentation1.jpg

Micro Update:

Hit legs last night, diet on point. Knees still not feeling great. Weight still above 115kg. 

Leg Press 2 + 5 X 8-10 (heavy but very controlled reps)

Sumo Deadlift 2 + 3 X 8-10

Single Leg Hip Thrust 3 X 15

Walking Barbell Lunges 5 X 10 per side

Extensions 3 X 10-12 (TUT40) (knees really hurt with this, so I did not go heavy at all)

Laying Leg Curls 3 X 10-12 (TUT40)

I almost feel like my last few workouts have been a waste of time with how I have been feeling, but...life. 

Hoping I can crush a solid workout tonight with some cardio after. 

Micro Update:

While my legs (knees) are still not feeling 100% I am back to being able to hit leg press and squats fairly well and I might try and get a good amount of weight on the bar this week when squat day rolls around. 

I had a good push workout last night and am hitting a pull workout tonight with what should be some nice heavy deadlifts. 

Weight is still holding at 115kg so I have added in 3 post weight cardio sessions this week at 20min per mon/wed/fri to see if the scale moves at all. I have to admit, I was getting lazy with the lack of cardio outside of 10K steps a day just from walking around. I dont know if I should keep trying to post the daily updates or move them out to a couple a week as Im not sure if they are really helping anyone as I have just been listing my workouts and sometimes my food for the day, but those items stay pretty consistent. 

On the supplements side, I have still be running my test and mast at 150/150, but there is a part of me that wants to say fuk it and bump the mast up to 500 and see if I notice anything.  Not sure if its worth it given that I still have a few more weeks of 100mg day Var left to run. 

I will note that I have definitely added size, and my shirts and shirts are getting pretty tight around my upper body and quads. Not that I really had or have good quads. But I might need to invest in a coupe XXL tshirts soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Micro Update:

Not much to report. Strength is still going up but I am been finding it hard to catch my breath at the gym as well as feeling some bad nausea. Hit 8 weeks on Var/MK mix so I dropped it.

Weight holding at 115KG and i will try to get 1 month photos up Monday, see if there has been any progress this month. 

Going to try and clean up the calories a little more and keep on the post weight cardio train. 

Edited by Ryujiin

Progress Photos. Not sure I can notice anything, so I must be slacking off and I need to tighten my diet up and look at a bit more cardio maybe. 

Not sure if its the lighting or the angle, but I think I might actually look better last update. 

WeChat Image_20200601104122.jpg

WeChat Image_20200601104148.jpg

Slide1.JPG

• Like 1

Update:

So as of today I have cleaned the diet up a little. The mother in law is gone so I have more control over food prep now. 

Meal 1: 2 scoops whey, 1 tsp fiber, 1 tsp instant coffee, 1 jian bing (2 eggs, extra spicy), multi and extra vitamin D

Meal 2: 100g white fish, 300g mixed stir fry, 2 scoops whey, 3 EFA

Meal 3: 100g chicken, 1 whole wheat wrap, wasabi or mustard, 2 caps calcium/mag 

Meal 4: 1 medium/large apple, 1 serving BCAA

Meal 5: 2 scoops whey (post workout) and 100g chicken, 300g mixed veg, 100g rice (solid food)

I know its a lot of protein powder, its just hard to get meat in right now with everything going on.

Workouts are the same setup as previously posted, just trying to always increase weight or rep count.  Also randomly adding in some extra work if feeling it (forced negatives, drop-sets, etc)

The above has me around 2000 CAL, but I will use engineering tolerance and say more like 2200-2500.

Lets see if the scale moves this week and if any change in appearance is noticeable. 

A friend of mine told me I should run a 6-8 blast of tren prop at 100mg mon/wed/fri on top of my 150mg test and mast that I am on right now. I dont know if that would have any worth or not. Never run tren prop before, but I have run tren-e in the past and handle the sides well, but I never really noticed the "crazy recomp" everyone talks about. 

Thoughts?  

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Knees pain still persisting so I have shifted my leg training to a more high volume but lighter weight approach for now. Keeping the intensity really high with good control though. So far so good. 

Dropping my carbs down has definitely had an impact on my weight in the form of a glucose and water dump as I dropped about 7KG this last week and my in gym strength has taken a shit kicking. So I have slowly started to increase my carb intake and eventually will move into the zone of daily carb cycling. (off/heavy/light days) 

I still have not introduced any fat burners (OTC or Clen) or extra "supps" at this time, as much as I want to. I am pretty sure I can get close to 15% without them and then if I feel a little nuts I could always try to get to 10-11%, but that would be pretty insane for someone like me to be thinking about at this point. 

That's it for now. 

Micro Update:

106kg this AM. Improvements are noticeable. Strength sucks. I'm going to forget about Tren as I'm too old to playing with it at this point I think. 

Sticking to my TRT dose for now. I may add an OTC fat burner starting next week and drop the pre-workout. (I would be over 800mg of caffeine per day if i kept it) 

See if the changes keep coming. New pics end of this month. Maybe give clen a go in July, but that's just me randomly thinking about stuff.

Current goal is to drop around 1kg a week. If I can hold that pace from here on then I should reach my goal weight around  October 1. In theory at 90kg, I should be close to 15% bf. 

Micro Update:

105.6kg as of Sunday AM, so not much going on. 

I have noticed my ability to perform a vacuum has increased drastically for some reason. Random. 

Diet has not changed much:

Meal 1: 2 scoops whey, 1 tsp fiber, 1 tsp instant coffee, 1 jian bing (2 eggs, extra spicy), multi and extra vitamin D

Meal 2: 100g white meat, 300g mixed stir fry, 2 scoops whey, 1 tsp raw chia, 50-100g rice (no rice some days, 200g some days)

Meal 3: 100g chicken, 1 whole wheat wrap, wasabi or mustard, 2 caps calcium/mag, 3 EFA 

Meal 5: 2 scoops whey (post workout) 

Meal 6: 100g chicken, 300g mixed veg, 500-100g rice 

I did create a 3rd leg day option for when my knees are really bugging me:

Leg Extensions (unilateral) 10 x 20, 20, 18, 18, 16, 16, 14, 14, 12, 12 + Static Hold (the first 7-8 sets serve as progressive warmup, but the intensity is there)

Standing Leg Curls (unilateral) 10 x 20, 20, 18, 18, 16, 16, 14, 14, 12, 12 + Static Hold (the first 7-8 sets serve as progressive warmup, but the intensity is there)

Bulgarian Split Squats 2 + 4 x 8-10 (2 = warm up sets, 4 = working sets)

Landmine Squats 4 x 10-15

Leg Press (giant set) 2 x about 2 min of non-stop drop setting (slow tempo)

Barbell Hypers 5 x 10-12

Calf Press 5 x 10-12

Farmers Walk 1 x 1 lap around the indoor track, 25kg plate in each hand

OTC "fat burner" added. Its a nice kick in the morning. Pre-workout dropped. No other supplement changes. 

Not much going on. In the process of moving. Good times. Gym and diet is still on point minus the 3 slices of pizza I had Friday night, but that made for one dirty pump Saturday. I also had a beer last night.  I need to put an end to that before the flood gates open and its a bucket of KFC and 4 tall boys...

Weight is holding, so we will see how things progress this week too see if I need to make some adjustments as I would really like to get down to around 100kg by the end of July, but 5kg in a month is a sh..tonne of weight in a short time frame so while it would be great, its not going to happen unless I sacrifice some LBM and that's a big nope.

Pics in two days.  

Pics as promised. A little bummed out. I feel like I am making progress but I find it a little difficult to see it in the pics vs last month.  Anyway, time to hit the drawing board I guess. 

The tri-pic is November, June and this AM. All pics taking AM, depleted, no food, no pump. 

Slide1 - Copy.JPG

WeChat Image_20200701082130 - Copy.jpg

WeChat Image_20200701082144 - Copy.jpg

Micro Update:

105kg flat this AM. I have myself at around 20-24% bodyfat right now, but any feedback would be appreciated by anyone who still reads this log to see if I am semi-accurate on self assessment or completely delusional. 

I feel like to hit 15% I would need to be in the 95kg range, meaning I need to drop another 10kg (22ish lbs) but based on that I am in the 25% + range now. 

Anyway, lets see how next week progresses. Even if I keep dropping a 1/2kg each week, I would be OK with it.

Feedback welcome at this point. 

Looking forward to Covid eventually being over so I can travel home and pick up the goodies that I am ow so itchy to try out. But it looks like that will end up being around xmass with the way things are going. 

Micro Update:

Holding at 105kg as of Sunday AM, really seeing ribs in my vacuum pose now. Kinda fun. But the loose skin on my lower stomach is not cool.  Still some chunk to my lover handles and moobs.  

Diet has not changed much except for breakfast (dropped the jianbing, even though i love those faking things) and the swap of fiber powder for 10g of raw chia seeds. 

The breakfast change is about 300cal reduction so I hope that is enough to see some movement. 

Meal 1: 2 scoops whey, 10g raw chia, 1 tsp instant coffee, multi-V, 3 EFA and extra vitamin D

Meal 2: 100-150g white meat, 300g mixed stir fry, 2 scoops whey, 10g raw chia, no rice. 

Meal 3: 100-150g chicken breast, 1 whole wheat wrap, mustard, 1 caps calcium/mag, 2 EFA (yes, some raw veg on the wrap would be nice, maybe toss in some cucumber and tomato) 

Meal 5: 1.5 scoops whey (post workout) 

Meal 6: 100-150g meat (not always lean), 300g mixed veg, 50-150g white rice (cause...china) 

I set my updated weight target overall to 90kg (in theory that would have me at around 10%) with the next phase target to hit 100kg (around 220lbs)

Will see what the calorie reduction this week.  I have enough OTC fat burner left for about 1.5-2 weeks, after that I will either go back to a pre-workout, some allmax rapid cuts (I can get it here) or say the hell and go with some liquid clen)

I wana post my COVID restart pic I am faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, but I am not sure if wife will mind, I was not comfortable in the past posting in case some locals are on, I try to be incognito 😄 but at this point my ass is soooo fat that no one should recognize me 🤣🤣🤣

Its not so bad. Blank back drop, no face or tats, little PS as needed lol.  Scrub out the photo properties and dig sig, all good. 

I do the pics to track my own progress and because it will be nice to look back to the kick off and feel like I actually had some results. Also, you never know, MuscleTech might be looking for some ad materials lol. 

Well, it was moving weekend, so no gym time but I did get a good leg session in on Friday. No knee pain during some light squats so that is promising. 

Even with pizza, a couple beers and some KFC, weighed in at 105 flat this AM. Hoping to hit the 104 flat point for my next weight in in 6 days or so. 

1kg week, all the way down to 90-95kg lol. Fak...

Micro Update:

Scale went in the wrong direction, but I had a feeling that would happen. With moving over the previous weekend then entire week was me flying home after work to meet with installers, pick up deliveries etc for the new place. My wife's parents then came to stay with us over the weekend.  More or less, an entire week without a single gym session and some pretty dicey food choices. Needless to say I drifted up to 107kg as of this AM but I actually look pretty good from the time off and glycogen/water refill. Skin on my lower stomach is getting pretty loose now, if only the handles in the back and around my chest would follow suit. 

Oddly, my knees have been feeling really shitty the last two days, as in the start to scream after sitting for about 30min or so. Really dont know whats up with them. I might have to go get them checked out as I think I need some professional feedback, not that I will get that over here. Any thoughts on what it could be @Physlifter?

Tonight is a pull night and I am curious to see how I feel after a week off and the amount of carbs in my system. 

Nano Update:

Scale kept going in the wrong direction but that is all on me. 108.3kg as of this AM dry. 

Because of my move and new commute to work, my gym time is a little more fast paced so I have tweaked my training. 

My leg workout for tonight will be:

Single Leg Extensions 1 x giant set for warmup-pyramiding weight up at 20 rep steps with a 100 rep cap. 

Abduction Machine 2 x 10-12

Adduction Machine 2 x 10-12

Squats 3 x 10-12

Close Position Leg Press 3 x 10-12

Bulgarian Split Squats or Extensions 3 x 10-12

Barbell Hypers 3 x 10-12

Standing Calf Press 3 x 10-15

Diet is currently sitting at:

AM: 1 cap curcumin, 1 cap cranberry, 1 cap VC, 1 baby aspirin, 1 cap NAC, 4 caps astragalus, 1 cap Q10, 1 cap (50mg) proviron, 1 cap Niacin 

Meal 1: 2 servings whey w/15g raw chia seeds, 2 EFA, Multi V, 5000IU VD

Meal 2: 200-300g veg, 1.5 servings whey w/15g raw chia seeds, 2 EFA, 100g meat (random) and sometimes 100-200g rice

Meal 3: 150g chicken breast, 1 whole wheat wrap, mustard (plain yellow) 

Meal 4 (Pre-Workout): 1 large apple, 1 serving whey, 1 cap calcium/magnesium 

Pre-Workout: 1 serving ANS Prophecy 

Post-Workout: 1.5 servings whey

Meal 5: 150-200g veg, 100-200g meat (random), 100-150g rice (optional) 

Bed: ZMA w/melatonin or nothing. 

Updated pics coming end of this week, but with the new place it means new lighting and mirror, so I apologize for the variance. 

My summer trip home to Canada has been shot down with the Covid situation and its looking like Xmass is going to be my next possible trip.  So looks like I will be planning my blast from January 2021 lol.  I cant wait to give the BT Tdrol a go along with the planned 200-250mg test and 500mg mast enath. Also have some Madol waiting for me that I am itching to try for the second half maybe along with some Rad140. Hopefully I am lean enough by then. 

Edited by Ryujiin

Micro Update:

Good leg workout. Mind-muscle connection with my quads and hams is improving nicely. A little stiff today. 

Diet today is on point with the above. 

Tonight's workout will be;

Rotator warmup 1 x giant set

Hammer strength unilateral plate bench 3 x 10-12

Seated DB Shoulder Press 3 x 10-12

Dips 3 x failure (bodyweight)

Cable Crossovers (medium) 3 x 12-15

Laying Tri-extensions 3 x 10-12

DB Lateral Raises 3 x 10-12

Close Grip-pushups 1 x giggles 

Incline Treadmill x 20min

Everything above includes 2-3 warmup sets and listed sets are working. Last set is often a drop set back off. 

AM today I did some posing practice for fun including some extended time vacuum poses. 

Throwing up the progress photos a few days early. Taken AM, no food, no pump, but about 1.5L water in me at this point.  Again, new lighting and mirror, but I feel I look better now than at the start of the month, but the photos seem to point in the other direction with me looking better at the start of this month. FML. Left to right. Far left being the starting point. All this recent talk about Tren, Albuterol, DNP...I feel like I am going about this the really slow way lol. Sitting at about 108kg/240lbs here. I think I am probably still sitting around 25% bodyfat. Maybe more. 

20200729.jpg

Edited by Ryujiin

Dude you are not 25% bf wtf are you smoking? lol Also I take it you are a tall dude?

The last two pix I am having trouble judging due to lighting. But I also think you took the pictures with slightly different perspective/zoom so that throws it off (middle two, second photo seems closer so it makes you look bigger).

Whatever the case, definitely way way better than the first pic in all the pix. So kudos to you man keep it up!