Chewy protein cookies

This is super easy and quick whey protein cookie recipe that is naturally sweetened with bananas. Therefore, don’t expect chewy crunchy cookie. It’s more of a moist, sweet with melted chocolate chips treat. This recipe makes great pre- and post-workout, and a late night couch snack without the guilt. Any time you’ve got brown bananas, whip up as many batches of cookies as you have bananas to use, and freeze for later. I can guarantee you have all ingredients on hand to bake these cookies right now. That easy!

Ingredients

Bananas: Brown, yellow with brown spots, thawed – all are OK. Ripe the bananas, more liquidy the batter. It’s fine.

Peanut Butter: I recommend organic or at least natural peanut butter without additives. Ingredients should be peanuts and maximum a bit of salt.

Oats: Rolled old fashioned or quick cooking oats work.

Protein Powder: It’s gotta be whey! I recommend the one with minimum ingredients, at least grass-fed, preferably organic. Like 17 Whey. Any unsweetened or vanilla whey protein powder will work though.

Mash bananas with a fork. Add whey protein powder, oats and peanut butter.

Stir well to combine (batter’s consistency will be runny). Add chocolate chips and give a few more stirs.

Spoon mixture onto prepared baking sheet (cookies don’t spread, so shape them now). Bake for 12 minutes (if you got 12 smaller cookies) and 14 minutes (if you got 10 larger cookies). Cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Bake at 350

Enjoy your cookies guilt-free!

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 cookie
Serves 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.9g 4%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 16.8mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 11.6g 4%
  Sugars 4.4g  
Protein 5.9g 12%
  • Vitamin A0%
  • Vitamin C3%

protein-cookies-7.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, FitGM said:

These look delicious! I'm going to try but I am truly terrible at cooking/baking.   How much of each ingredient?

My bad here is the measurements...

• Prep Time: 5 mins
  • Cook Time: 12 mins
  • Total Time: 17 minutes
  • Yield: 12 cookies

Ingredients

• 2 medium ripe bananas
  • 2 scoops (60g) unflavoured whey protein powder* you can use vanilla
  • 1 cup rolled quick or old fashioned oats
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter, unsalted
  • 2 tbsp chocolate chips, mini
  • Cooking spray (I use Misto)