Bodytech Sponsored Offseason Log

Corey5150

On 10/15/2019 at 10:03 AM, Corey5150 said:

Hey Everyone, long time no update LOL

So life has been crazy busy but no complaints. To followup from what I had been dealing with in terms of the nerve issue. I had gone to see a neurologist and he conducted an EMG - anyone who hasn't had one of these amazing tests done, they basically stab you repeatedly with a needle and tell you to contract the muscle... lots of fun lol

So basically I had a compressed nerve, lost about twenty pounds - had significant atrophy on my left side (arm, chest, lat, etc..) and a mild case of depression set in. BUT over time I had regained some strength and was able to start training effectively once again (granted even now, I still have to pay TONS of attention to what I'm doing or certain muscles wont fire to their full capability). 

I had gained some more weight and gotten back up to 245ish (maybe 250 at some point), and then kind of hit a wall. I decided to bring my weight down just to see where I'm at and challenge myself. After watching a couple of shows, and looking at my conditioning I've decided to jump into one. So  currently under two weeks out - and it should be a fun time 🙂

What are you running at the moment to aid in growing again after some time off due to the nerve. 

52 minutes ago, Littlefry said:

What are you running at the moment to aid in growing again after some time off due to the nerve. 

At the moment I'm running pretty standard fair for pre contest:
Tren Ace
Mast Prop
Proviron
Halo
Winstrol

However, offseason wise - while I do tend to change things up quite bit, generally I like to stick to:
Test
Deca/EQ... maybe sometimes primo/tren
Orals at certain points depending on what I'm trying to accomplish

20 hours ago, Corey5150 said:

At the moment I'm running pretty standard fair for pre contest:
Tren Ace
Mast Prop
Proviron
Halo
Winstrol

However, offseason wise - while I do tend to change things up quite bit, generally I like to stick to:
Test
Deca/EQ... maybe sometimes primo/tren
Orals at certain points depending on what I'm trying to accomplish

Seems pretty standard. I'm on test / eq for my growing phase right now and things are going good. Might throw in an oral at the end for 4 weeks. Thinking dbol as I havent tried it yet. 

2 hours ago, Littlefry said:

Seems pretty standard. I'm on test / eq for my growing phase right now and things are going good. Might throw in an oral at the end for 4 weeks. Thinking dbol as I havent tried it yet. 

I use to be big into higher estrogenic compounds - I enjoyed the added strength, and all around being a bigger guy. 

But my mindset has changed over time. I much prefer the look and feeling I get from running things such as Primo/Mast/EQ - orals I really only use in plateau situations and I'll tend to go more of the oral Tren/superdrol/anadrol type of route.  I like things simple in the offseason as I believe if you're healthy, food is in the correct amount, anabolics are present.. you'll grow - then go harsher into contest prep.

2 hours ago, Corey5150 said:

I use to be big into higher estrogenic compounds - I enjoyed the added strength, and all around being a bigger guy. 

But my mindset has changed over time. I much prefer the look and feeling I get from running things such as Primo/Mast/EQ - orals I really only use in plateau situations and I'll tend to go more of the oral Tren/superdrol/anadrol type of route.  I like things simple in the offseason as I believe if you're healthy, food is in the correct amount, anabolics are present.. you'll grow - then go harsher into contest prep.

That's where I've moved to as well. Have only touched test mast eq for the past 2 years and my growth and overall body composition has changed for the better. Test / eq for growth test / mast for leaning out... My diet has been on point these past two years as well which I attribute my body composition to. 

I agree I only use orals when needed and for short 4 week bursts. Usually superdrol or winny. But I have BT dht tabs sitting around waiting for my next cut. 

• Like 1

So officially 6 days out from the show,

Not going to be overly specific as its pretty simple. But here is my plan running into the show. 

I have increased my sodium a little over a week ago... however I almost always have a decent amount, I don't count the amount as I've never found the need to be THAT precise. 

I will maintain my water intake going into Friday - the reason I don't load it is that I don't need to, its already going to be high enough. My typical is around 2 gallon per day.

I will drop to ZERO carbs starting tomorrow, with a few additions of some fats to help maintain caloric intake to further deplete. 

Then we get ready for game day :)

• Like 1

So its the next day... man I was exhausted yesterday.

VERY happy with the look I was able to bring, pushed food hard and a valuable lesson that I've learnt is that it takes a TON of food to fill me out if I'm depleted correctly. Although, I won't get into what I did too much as I'll detail that in my YouTube videos.

So I won 1st Heavyweight and Overall Bodybuilding Champion - again very happy with how everything went. Here are some photos:

IMG_0248.PNG

IMG_0249.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So went back to the gym first time on Saturday - Just getting a feel for everything again, and to my surprise not much of a strength drop-off. Yet, I know I still have some lingering blood levels. Either way, still happy for what the strength level was. Performance wise, I did start to gas out near the end, but thats expected.

Still having a nagging pain in my left shoulder - there's an amazing physiotherapist about two hours away that I'm going to make a visit to at some point. Other than being a minor pain at the beginning of the training session its nothing too bad and not noticeable when I'm warmed up. 

So I think instead of typing everything out I'm literally going to post photos of my logbook (it'll also force me to continue to be consistent with it). Just so people know I don't write in sets other than my "working sets" and HS refers to Hammer Strength. Any questions shoot away!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the show and overcoming your injury. 

I dealt with a very similar thing back in November 2017, but unlike you I knew right away it was a nerve issue due my left arm being pins and needles for a couple weeks.  Couldn't workout upper body for about 8 weeks, then when I started back, I could barely press a 20lb dumbbell with my left arm.  It's like I never lifted before. Left side chest, and tricep atrophied like crazy.   I continued with the 20s and slowly built my strength back up.... Took months and it's still not 100%.  After a few months, finally had an MRI and it confirmed herniated C4 and C7 disc.  

I still don't fully feel my left tricep contract and left arm is about .5 inch smaller, but overall can't complain.  Just glad I'm still able to lift.   You are looking fantastic though and it doesn't look like it affected you too much. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 4:53 PM, airman said:

Congrats on the show and overcoming your injury. 

I dealt with a very similar thing back in November 2017, but unlike you I knew right away it was a nerve issue due my left arm being pins and needles for a couple weeks.  Couldn't workout upper body for about 8 weeks, then when I started back, I could barely press a 20lb dumbbell with my left arm.  It's like I never lifted before. Left side chest, and tricep atrophied like crazy.   I continued with the 20s and slowly built my strength back up.... Took months and it's still not 100%.  After a few months, finally had an MRI and it confirmed herniated C4 and C7 disc.  

I still don't fully feel my left tricep contract and left arm is about .5 inch smaller, but overall can't complain.  Just glad I'm still able to lift.   You are looking fantastic though and it doesn't look like it affected you too much. 

Thanks brother, I'm not going to lie it left me pretty distraught. 

Had to completely learn to train differently - and just push through. The biggest thing that was said to me that screwed me up was when the neurologist said, the muscle probably won't come back, that messed me up pretty good. But hey, here I am now... still not perfect contractions on my left side, still slightly weaker - but I do what I can, and trying to even it out. 

OK!

So now I'm starting to plan my offseason cycle, and A LOT of people won't agree with what I'm doing nor will they understand (they also might think I'm stupid)... hear me out! So I like to experiment with everything I do - training, supplementation, diet, etc... I like to try unconventional methods, or stuff that you can't find much information about and see what happens. It's what I've always done and sometimes it works (like the diet I used for my past show vs the show prior with "higher" DNP use) and other times not so much.

So something I've wanted to try for a couple years now and just never got around to is the blitz cycle proposed by L. Rea

Without going too in-depth (you can probably find his book somewhere on the internet like I have) the point of this cycle is to super saturate yourself for a small period with one compound then change to another, mostly androgenic to anabolic, etc... Never create stability and periods of diminishing returns. Think hit it hard and fast... the whole cycle is basically a front load. 

Do I have massive expectations? lol no. It might be side effect city, it might be mediocre... who knows! The only thing I think I'll have a big problem with will be the frequency, as the volume is high and they'll be done every day... so we'll see how that goes. 

Probably looking to start within a week to two.

• Corey5150 changed the title to Bodytech Sponsored Offseason Log