Bodytech Sponsored Offseason Log

Corey5150

On 10/31/2018 at 7:30 AM, Corey5150 said:

Thanks brother,

Offseason logs are tough - changes are slow coming and I've had to make some adjustments. So here are some updates, I'll also include some pictures here in a bit. I decided to part ways with Nick, no bad blood or anything - I hired him for knowledge and received a fair amount but I also realized we share a lot of the same ideas and it mostly came down to a financial decision. 

So now I'm on my own, pretty confident with what I'm going to do. So I'll lay out the idea for my diet. The main goal here is to improve recovery and help with my waning hunger. So my first three meals are higher fat, moderate protein my next 6 meals (including my pre intra and post "meals") are all heavy carb meals. The idea here is to place energy where I need it. 

Gear wise I'm following the same protocol although I have tweaked the next portion a bit - but thats not going to start for another week. So still maintaining:
test E 900mg/Week
EQ 450mg/Week
NPP 600mg/Week
Arimidex 0.5mg/ED

GH 2UI (3 or 2 times a day - 3 times a week, specified days)
Insulin (3 times a day - specific days).

I’m coming off a 12 week blast at 700 test and 500 eq with 4 iu gh. 2 iu am 2 iu pm. As of nov 1 I am coming down to 150 mg test and gh the same for next 12 weeks until next blast. Give my body and receptors. I feel if I keep up with proper rest and diet I will keep all my siZe except maybe a little water weight. Can you suggest timings of meals or kinds of foods I should be eating. I’m off season sitting at 225 now. Feel my body needs a rest. I feel I need to starting being more flexible and adding in more fats and more calorie dence foods. I am planning to compete in June of next year. But I need to hit at least 250 before I cut. Suggestions thoughts ??

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, Swolesquad said:

I’m coming off a 12 week blast at 700 test and 500 eq with 4 iu gh. 2 iu am 2 iu pm. As of nov 1 I am coming down to 150 mg test and gh the same for next 12 weeks until next blast. Give my body and receptors. I feel if I keep up with proper rest and diet I will keep all my siZe except maybe a little water weight. Can you suggest timings of meals or kinds of foods I should be eating. I’m off season sitting at 225 now. Feel my body needs a rest. I feel I need to starting being more flexible and adding in more fats and more calorie dence foods. I am planning to compete in June of next year. But I need to hit at least 250 before I cut. Suggestions thoughts ??

I think its a common misconception that we need to give our receptors a break, androgen receptors have been shown with additional stimuli to have a multiplication effect and increase in our body. HOWEVER, I would judge on when to pull back training/gear usage based on how your recovery and progress has been. I've spoken to many high end coaches that have produced many pro's and depending on how hardcore you want to be there are several different routes you can choose. Without going into too much detail like I would with a client here's an overview of things I may consider:

1. Don't plan a certain time for your blast or your cruise. Get bloodwork, make notes on how your recovery is going. What's the sign that you need a rest? If you don't know, how will you know when you're ready to go again? I like to chart this all out with my clients - eliminates wasted time. 

2. Timing of meals will really depend on what your day to day is like and when you train. These should be your primary focus in designing timing of meals. 

3. Foods you should be eating should be easily digestible, again surrounding important times of the day (ie training), should vary depending on what you're training and what type of training stimulus you're using, will depend on your recovery and what type of gear you're on.

4. I'm a HUGE advocate of increased fat intake, for many reasons I won't get into as this post is getting long enough lol 

So you have 8 months to build more than 25 pounds? I don't know if taking 3 months or so off would be in your best interest, and I'd also advise don't get obsessed with the scale a sharp 235 will  look much better coming into a prep than a sloppy 250. You'd have to diet much harder to get in shape and risk losing more muscle mass. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, whatsup said:

what do I have to do to find sponsors to hopefully compete someday like you ?

You don't need any sponsors to compete man, I don't know why you think I have sponsors lol I just like to log what I do/take and share my experiences. 

If you do want to pursue sponsorships in any way - become known! So many people think whether its gear/supplements whatever that once they start competing people will pursue you. But think what can you offer them? Are you marketable? Have you achieved anything? Do you have a great base of knowledge so people will listen? 

I'm not only a competitor/coach but I'm also part owner of a supplement franchise - so I'm involved in the fitness industry in many ways. Build yourself up then pursue them! Don't expect anyone to come knocking on your door.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 11:02 PM, Musclet1 said:

Good info, whats is ur daily cal intake on a training day? 

My calories on my largest muscle groups right now are at about 5,108.. and this will probably be increasing a bit more as well. I find to bump my weight at all I need to consume a significant amount of calories, I won't be surprised if I need to even bump it further - not to mention when I increase gear usage my metabolism speeds up and due to increased nutrient partitioning my food needs to jump as well.

6 hours ago, Corey5150 said:

My calories on my largest muscle groups right now are at about 5,108.. and this will probably be increasing a bit more as well. I find to bump my weight at all I need to consume a significant amount of calories, I won't be surprised if I need to even bump it further - not to mention when I increase gear usage my metabolism speeds up and due to increased nutrient partitioning my food needs to jump as well.

Ok , consuming 4900 cals, haven’t missed a meal eating 7 times a day,  having a hard time gaining weight , was only able to put on 3 lbs in 2 weeks, which was dissapointing, going up my cals by 100 - 200 per week increments. 

On 11/13/2018 at 5:53 PM, Musclet1 said:

Ok , consuming 4900 cals, haven’t missed a meal eating 7 times a day,  having a hard time gaining weight , was only able to put on 3 lbs in 2 weeks, which was dissapointing, going up my cals by 100 - 200 per week increments. 

Hey brother! I'd actually say a gain of 1.5 pounds per week is a solid increase. Too many guys want there weight to shoot up wayyyyy to quickly. Thats a great way to mess with your health and gain a whole lot of fat. When gaining weight I don't really like to see the scale jump more than 2lbs per week - unless I'm glycogen depleted. So I'd say continue with what you're doing until the weight gain stalls, then re-evaluate what you're doing whether that be by gear, training, nutrition - however you want to go about it. 

• Like 1

So it’s been a bit since my last entry to my log. My calories have remained the same as well as gear - nothing fancy has changed. Reason being why I haven’t changed anything as I’m seeing changes in the mirror. I’m seeing new veins and getting stronger, energy is good, digestion good - all signs that my recovery is still on point so I’m going to continue on. 

Heres a picture from a couple days ago just to show where I currently am. (Hard for me to suck the stomach in post workout lol) 

5D651AC2-A805-4238-860C-2F27E5CD51ED.jpeg.7aa9a6b775e6a229bceceecfab783009.jpeg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Corey5150 said:

So it’s been a bit since my last entry to my log. My calories have remained the same as well as gear - nothing fancy has changed. Reason being why I haven’t changed anything as I’m seeing changes in the mirror. I’m seeing new veins and getting stronger, energy is good, digestion good - all signs that my recovery is still on point so I’m going to continue on. 

Heres a picture from a couple days ago just to show where I currently am. (Hard for me to suck the stomach in post workout lol) 

Looking thick man, definitely adding some size 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 9:47 AM, Corey5150 said:

Looking jacked bud. Any planned competition or just training?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 10:31 AM, Corey5150 said:

Hey brother! I'd actually say a gain of 1.5 pounds per week is a solid increase. Too many guys want there weight to shoot up wayyyyy to quickly. Thats a great way to mess with your health and gain a whole lot of fat. When gaining weight I don't really like to see the scale jump more than 2lbs per week - unless I'm glycogen depleted. So I'd say continue with what you're doing until the weight gain stalls, then re-evaluate what you're doing whether that be by gear, training, nutrition - however you want to go about it. 

Weighed in , had plateau in weight, added 50mg/d dbol ,  inrcreases Test e ratio to equois, cal intake up by 300 cals, currently eating 5400 cals 7 meals a day,, up 2lbs now waiting for next weigh in, feeling heavy and bloated from all the food intake. Biggest issue now is trying keep the weight gain constant and under 2lbs per week and keep the gut from bulging. No change in training following 12 week mass building program by kris gethin 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, Musclet1 said:

Weighed in , had plateau in weight, added 50mg/d dbol ,  inrcreases Test e ratio to equois, cal intake up by 300 cals, currently eating 5400 cals 7 meals a day,, up 2lbs now waiting for next weigh in, feeling heavy and bloated from all the food intake. Biggest issue now is trying keep the weight gain constant and under 2lbs per week and keep the gut from bulging. No change in training following 12 week mass building program by kris gethin 

I'd recommend moreso you deload, dial back the food and resensitize yourself. If your digestion is starting to shit the bed - thats the sign I wait for to bring it back down.

So an update on what I've been doing -  current weight has gone up to 262lbs (hovering between 260-262).

Pretty happy overall with what we've accomplished so far. Diet hasn't changed much calories still remain at the 5K mark - I've made some food changes just to keep it interesting but like i said still pretty much the same.

I changed the gear probably about 10 days or so ago. I dropped the NPP and decided to experiment with MENT at 50mg/day - I had a couple bottles laying around decided and for the last push of this month lets give it a go. We'll be continuing on with the test/eq and gh, insulin has been out for a month.

So like I said I'm going to continue pushing until the end of the month, then come January I plan to dial everything back. Switch the compounds up a bit as well as doses, introduce some cardio, bring training volume down as well as bring food volume down. I will lose some weight but its a necessary evil to continue to progress forward. 

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, long time no update... thats because offseasons are boring LOL

so anyways, this post is going to take this log in a different direction. Originally I was planning to start my next blast early March run until May then begin a very long slow prep into TO for the pro qualifier. Well... on February 20th I noticed a HUGE loss of strength, lwent from incline benching 455lbs for a solid 7 reps to struggling with 225lbs for only a couple, seemingly overnight (with NO trauma to speak of). Proceeded to ditch the chest exercises, thinking maybe I tweaked something. Went on to shoulder pressing (change the rep scheme to something light for more reps) and noticed massive compensation on one side of my body. SO gave up on that workout.

Fast forward to now - in short I've lost the ability to contract my lat altogether and my chest is maybe at 40%. I thought perhaps this is nerve related, but I don't have the major symptoms like paresthesia or pain, if I didn't train I wouldn't know there was anything wrong. I''ve been to see two chiropractors, a massage therapist, two physiotherapists, and had two appointments with my doctor - no one has any answer for me of what could be the issue. Physiotherapists have been the best so far but at the end of the latest session he shrugged his shoulder and told me hes not sure if its the muscle or the nerve and which is causing the issue. So today I was told that I'd be referred to a different physician... and the wait time could be months. 

I'm not overly sure where to go from here, I already have a slight imbalance of my left side being a bit smaller, and now with the loss of ability to my left side - its only going to get worse. I do plan to run some Gh at a low dose as well as BPC-157/TB500. Throwing nothing short of everything at this. 

But yea so that is where this stands, frustrating to say the least. 

• Sad 1

Man, that sounds fucking crazy! Although there are days when you just don't have it in the gym. On ongoing issue is likely something else. 

Di you take time off training? Has your diet changed? 

So are you going to deload and rebuild your strength? 

Are you still juicing? 

19 hours ago, eazy57 said:

Man, that sounds fucking crazy! Although there are days when you just don't have it in the gym. On ongoing issue is likely something else. 

Di you take time off training? Has your diet changed? 

So are you going to deload and rebuild your strength? 

Are you still juicing? 

I've taken off roughly a week and a half (within that month). Which hasn't helped. Diet probably should change to accommodate my lack of intensity - but it hasn't, pure laziness. This has taken quite the mental toll on me honestly. 

Yes, I was cruising on 300mg of sust a week. 

So my plan from here, is to work on strengthening my serratus anterior and working on flexibility within my pec minor. I went to the gym yesterday and weirdly enough noticed a slight (I'll call it tenderness - not pain or tingling) odd feeling in the top portion of my pec (close to my front delt - aka the pec minor) and then another odd feeling down on the inside of my elbow during cable flys. Perhaps its a pec minor injury causing anterior tilt? No idea... I'm starting to grasp for anything LOL

But anyway, I'm essentially going to start from 0. All unilateral movements and as light as I have to go. I've been doing lots of research and evaluating studies about things that may help - again grasping at straws...but what the hell, it cant really get a whole lot worse. 

So I'll be introducing:

Thymosin Beta 4
BPC-157
HGH
Nandrolone Decanoate (because of this addition I will also be bumping my sust dose to 500mg/week)
Nandrolone Phenylpropionate (at a later stage)
High Dose of EPA/DHA
Creatine Monohydrate

At the end of the day, this is more of an experiment to see if I can save myself from more muscle atrophy and perhaps regain some contractile ability. Not expecting any miracles (unless its something stupid that isn't as serious) but its better than doing shit all for the next 8 months to a year or possibly even longer. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hey Everyone, long time no update LOL

So life has been crazy busy but no complaints. To followup from what I had been dealing with in terms of the nerve issue. I had gone to see a neurologist and he conducted an EMG - anyone who hasn't had one of these amazing tests done, they basically stab you repeatedly with a needle and tell you to contract the muscle... lots of fun lol

So basically I had a compressed nerve, lost about twenty pounds - had significant atrophy on my left side (arm, chest, lat, etc..) and a mild case of depression set in. BUT over time I had regained some strength and was able to start training effectively once again (granted even now, I still have to pay TONS of attention to what I'm doing or certain muscles wont fire to their full capability). 

I had gained some more weight and gotten back up to 245ish (maybe 250 at some point), and then kind of hit a wall. I decided to bring my weight down just to see where I'm at and challenge myself. After watching a couple of shows, and looking at my conditioning I've decided to jump into one. So  currently under two weeks out - and it should be a fun time 🙂

• Like 1

• Corey5150 changed the title to Bodytech Sponsored Offseason Log