Dad bod be gone !!!!!

I’ve never done a log before but I’m currently sitting at 270lbs not pure fat you can tell I trained a lot very thick chest back and shoulders pretty decent shape considering my weight , so my end goal is to sit around a nice solid 235 to 245 lb range I’m going to take is slow because I’m looking for quality going to use more diet and nutrition and low amounts of gear I feel where I am getting older this will be the best way for me . As I start I will put minor updates here so bear with me I have never done this before.

3 hours ago, CapeBretonDadBod said:

I’ve never done a log before but I’m currently sitting at 270lbs not pure fat you can tell I trained a lot very thick chest back and shoulders pretty decent shape considering my weight , so my end goal is to sit around a nice solid 235 to 245 lb range I’m going to take is slow because I’m looking for quality going to use more diet and nutrition and low amounts of gear I feel where I am getting older this will be the best way for me . As I start I will put minor updates here so bear with me I have never done this before.

Just thought I comment b/c it seems we're very similar.  A couple months ago I was about 265.  Started TRT about 6 wks ago, down to about 238 now, with a few more to go, but getting there!

Added a little (and I do mean a little, low dose) RAD 140 for the last couple weeks and now I'm hitting PR's - all time PR's and I'm >50.  Couldn't be happier - good luck to you. A little test goes a long way!  Good luck!

Edit: FWIW,  I'm doing 16/8 time restricted eating with fairly low calories.  Supplemental protein only post workout.  Waist shrinking and muscles growing!

Edited by BobTheOldLifter
Additional info

thanks I’ll take any information I can, we should keep in touch maybe we can share things in our progress , right now I’m treading lightly with gear as I don’t have a solid source , I hope the admin doesn’t thanks that sentence as fishing because it’s not I’ve read the rules , I’m basically using the internet to nail something down until then I’m going slow.

• 2 months later...

Ok sorry guys I’ve been kind of neglecting this I’ve had some things in my personal life I’ve had to handle , and dad life but here goes , dropped about 15 pounds shape is coming along but I need to tighten up the diet and training has to be redirected as the number of days I train changes due to life and family, ok so gear is just 400mg test and 100mg Proviron, I feel good now no sides to speak of sex drive is great , after speaking with @GameChanger I will be adding some tren ace to the mix .

Ok guys just a little update had an amazing workout today chest heavy flat , incline , decline as well as flys felt strong had lots of endurance, the BT test e is definitely starting to shine, I did 30 min cardio session , eating was clean and on point all in all great day.

• 2 months later...

No man I just slipped away with things , had some family stuff that took up some time , I’m still plugging away , but went in a total different direction , I’ve actually been gaining in a good way , shoulders are getting more round and wide , triceps are looking good for an old fart, I had a moment when I got out of the shower last week and said hmmm...... I’d fuck me haha.

• 2 months later...

I have been really busy with kids and family life , and getting promoted here , doesn’t leave me much time for this , and now helping members with things here , I can touch on it the best I can , so I’ve been eating super clean daily only one cheat day per week , I’m very impressed with my back development and the width , shoulders are almost where I want them , it’s my biceps I’m having an issue with for growth it’s always been a problem for me , so I over develop my triceps to give the illusion of a nice thick arm . Sorry I don’t detail things like some here , I just ramble along , guess it comes with old age.

@Vortex biceps are my nemesis doesn’t matter what I do , there is such a delicate balance with them to train them just right , most guys either under train them or over train them for such a small muscle group , that’s where I’m having it difficultly is finding that balance.

I can give a suggestion.

No more than 10 sets, each set work to your max.  Around 12 reps.

Reverse grip curls

Concentration curls

good olds barbell curls

cable curls with the rope attachment

hammer curls

Those are the exercises use and I have found when I train may arms with no more then 10 super crazy sets (after a warm up or two) my bis grow. 

My arms re overdeveloped for my body.

On 1/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, Vortex said:

@CapeBretonDadBod triceps are the bulk of the arm, but don't neglect to hit the biceps on it's different ranges and lengths. As well as stimulating the deeper brachialis muscle. 

Arms are an interesting animal to train. Many different approaches and thoughts.

One of my X’s (a bodybuilder) used to say that a strong triceps makes a good arm. He was right.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can drop that weight no problem. If I can make a suggestion..... 

if you are able to, DO fasted cardio in the morning. Bring a shake with fats, carbs, protein for after. Drink that then hit your weights. 

as we all know the results for fat loss will largely come from your diet.  It takes discipline! 

good luck.